• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jeep TJ Folks

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I bought my 2010 new as well, middle of 2010. Only 35,000 miles currently and still has the original tires on it, which should be replaced due to age. But I do all the service on it, pull the SeaDoo to the lake in the summer. The factory half doors seem to be rare, and was dealer ordered for lot inventory.

IMG_6253.JPG

WilmingtonCB3.JPG

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Going to check out this TJ tomorrow. Frame in this one looks better.
That one looks much better from a rust perspective. Oof that wheel/tire setup is in rough shape though.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought my LJ Rubicon brand new for $28k in November 2006. Lots of mods, but still only has 73k miles. Next wheeling trip is in April.View attachment 141004
Yea.....those are the "weird" ones I see every now and then. Just long enough to make you go "huh, that looks like a weird jeep"......Thanks for sharing :D sharp looking setup.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That one looks much better from a rust perspective. Oof that wheel/tire setup is in rough shape though.
Yea I noticed that. Weird wheel spacers or something. First thing to go!

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just sold a 2000 TJ 4.0L 5sp of 7K in Miami
It was my neighbor's son who brought it down from TN. Had it's issue and redid some stuff but was a great Jeep with 175K miles

1f3f4c0cce4e4435be663d1ab281e349.jpg

5f5b551087684a98a42420a009e2f398.jpg

Now I have Gladiator as tow vehicle

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Love the seats. So I bought the blue TJ from above. 219,000 on the body and 100k on a reman engine. It's pretty cool. Got it for 5k. The transfer case linkage is messed up but it's pretty easy fix. probably upgrade to a cable linkage anyway.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love the seats. So I bought the blue TJ from above. 219,000 on the body and 100k on a reman engine. It's pretty cool. Got it for 5k. The transfer case linkage is messed up but it's pretty easy fix. probably upgrade to a cable linkage anyway.
It was the 2nd thing I did after ripping out the nasty carpet. The front seats had their usual wear on bolster and bottom of DS
Found local upholstery guy and 1k later I got a huge transformation from stock.

I love simplicity of older car vs all the bells and whistle of new car. All that technology is a cluster xxxx waiting to happen when something electrical goes bad. My new gladiator is a sport with no power windows or door locks which saved me close to 4k and works fine for me but everyone has their must haves.

Congrats on new toy. Keep us posted.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
A few pics. First thing in doing is putting a lift on. Looks goofy with the 31 inch tires and no lift. Plus those tires are wide, so the stance looks strange. Not sure if I like the wheels or not.....

Attachments

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had same tire 31x10.5x15.

I thought of light of a 2' body spacer. There stuff about having to change pinion if lift to tall.

Looks great though.

Srfnfly227

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What kind of tire of you looking for? MT, AT, more of a road tire?

Without getting in to brands or specific tires, I will give this advice. Look at the load rating. You do not want a Load E tire. I have done a lot of work to the suspension of my Jeep. I am currently on a full custom set up to include reworking of the shock mounts and getting a custom tune on remote reservoir Fox shocks. Despite all of that, the single biggest thing I have done for on road ride improvement was moving from Load E Toyo MTs to Load D BFGs.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What kind of tire of you looking for? MT, AT, more of a road tire?

Without getting in to brands or specific tires, I will give this advice. Look at the load rating. You do not want a Load E tire. I have done a lot of work to the suspension of my Jeep. I am currently on a full custom set up to include reworking of the shock mounts and getting a custom tune on remote reservoir Fox shocks. Despite all of that, the single biggest thing I have done for on road ride improvement was moving from Load E Toyo MTs to Load D BFGs.
I was thinking of getting an AT. I want to get it into some wheeling but I have to install a lift first. I think I'm going to go with the Zone 4.25" combo lift. It includes a 1" body lift and a motor mount lift to eliminate the need for a slip yoke eliminator kit. Not ready to drop that kind of cheddar yet on a new drive shaft and slip yoke. Was going to go max at about 33" tire, depending on how it looks after the lift.

Thanks for the load ratings, thats good info.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We have had jeeps for years. Currently 2008 Rubicon which is our play jeep and my wife has a 2012 Grand Cherokee Limited (4x4). We love them both!
haha I've got the same set-up in my garage. Wife has a 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland and I've got the 01 TJ in the garage.

although my garage is a lot messier than yours!

Nice looking rigs!

Attachments

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Picked up some Rubicon wheels from a guy on Craigslist. I like them much better than those black steelies. Just new some new tires for them. Any recommendations?
What did you do with the steelies?

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Ha. Wife drives a 19 Trailhawk with the Hemi.
Love the trackhawk. My wife's GC is paid off and its staying like that til it pukes! Shes got the 5.7 Hemi in it, so it moves pretty well....but no trackhawk!!!

Still have them. Need to get rid of them.