• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you can click on each individual waypoint for more info
Ok. I see each point shows the speed reporting at that point. Avg needs to be manually calculated. Though there is an average speed entry when you look at the 'track data' with filters on and a timeframe used that is really underway- it doesn't seem right still. Oh well - browsing is difficult on a phone.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good morning all! Eric here, I would like to extend my thanks to everyone for checking up on me. I've been reading up on the post and I'm happy to hear that everyone is safe. My friend that was with me got bumped around a bit and decided to take a flight back home. Me...like you all, I'm still in the fight and on my way to Bimini by boat, just not mines! Lol. I'm taking the Ferry and will be arriving about 11 am. My boat (Island Girl)... let's just say she didn't like the landings! Tim H, thanks for everything. I would love to partake in some of the activities on the water and would love to accompany anyone who is would accept me. Again, thanks and see everyone soon.
@Hamp .. did you boat get damaged?

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good morning all! Eric here, I would like to extend my thanks to everyone for checking up on me. I've been reading up on the post and I'm happy to hear that everyone is safe. My friend that was with me got bumped around a bit and decided to take a flight back home. Me...like you all, I'm still in the fight and on my way to Bimini by boat, just not mines! Lol. I'm taking the Ferry and will be arriving about 11 am. My boat (Island Girl)... let's just say she didn't like the landings! Tim H, thanks for everything. I would love to partake in some of the activities on the water and would love to accompany anyone who is would accept me. Again, thanks and see everyone soon.
We will look forward to your story!

Alex&Elena

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad to hear from you tha all of you made to safety. It's beautiful here have a safe trip.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Do you need to be picked up from north Bimini when you arrive?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bennie that is where Honeymoon Harbor is located. Great place to hang out, explore and feed the rays.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Swatski's tower is the one that broke (an AR 240), and I honestly have to say it broke because of a very poor design. To think that two threaded bolts are all that is needed to hold up hundreds of pounds of tower when waves are considered is just plain wrong. These towers should be through bolted into solid metal in the base (as the 242X tower is). Swatski's tower stripped out both tower "knobs" and the based threads. If there had been a through bolt this could never have happened. I've been working with him on ways we can gerry rig his tower to return, and honestly there is no way to do this without a drill press and some through bolts. Swatski was not the only one dealing with tower knobs that pulled out....this proves the point....and demonstrates the poor design. Thank God he has a hard head and shoulder....yes it hit him in the head (he called it a glancing blow) and then the shoulder. He is very lucky to be with us still! The tower wires that hold the tower once folded down both snapped like guitar strings at a metal concert....

All that said, @swatski and his wife are handling it very well.
@Julian , thanks for the info and I'll be looking at my tower to see if I can improve the mounts. Last thing I want is a tower crashing down on me.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie that is where Honeymoon Harbor is located. Great place to hang out, explore and feed the rays.
That sounds GREAT - thanks guys! Looking forward to my trip. Anyone want to come back on 7/22? :winkingthumbsup"

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I hope nobody is up and to monitor @1948Isaac and my crossing tomorrow morning as we're looking to leave around 6ish. In case you are and interested, my tracking link is below. What I do hope is to give some of you ocean front jetboaters a nice drive by as you have your morning coffee.

https://share.garmin.com/BAHAMAS
Looks like it took about 2.5 hours, that's more like it!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Swatski's tower is the one that broke (an AR 240), and I honestly have to say it broke because of a very poor design. To think that two threaded bolts are all that is needed to hold up hundreds of pounds of tower when waves are considered is just plain wrong. These towers should be through bolted into solid metal in the base (as the 242X tower is). Swatski's tower stripped out both tower "knobs" and the based threads. If there had been a through bolt this could never have happened. I've been working with him on ways we can gerry rig his tower to return, and honestly there is no way to do this without a drill press and some through bolts. Swatski was not the only one dealing with tower knobs that pulled out....this proves the point....and demonstrates the poor design. Thank God he has a hard head and shoulder....yes it hit him in the head (he called it a glancing blow) and then the shoulder. He is very lucky to be with us still! The tower wires that hold the tower once folded down both snapped like guitar strings at a metal concert....

All that said, @swatski and his wife are handling it very well.
Is this the same design as the 242 limited S tower? I have rev 10's on my tower which adds even more weight. Last thing I want is the tower to come crashing down on my wife or our 2 year old son if she is holding him.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is this the same design as the 242 limited S tower? I have rev 10's on my tower which adds even more weight. Last thing I want is the tower to come crashing down on my wife or our 2 year old son if she is holding him.
All AR models regardless of size share the same type of design in tower with the knobs at the back and small hidden base.
smallertower.jpg

All Limited and X models regardless of size share the same type of design in tower with the much larger base and different locking mechanism located on the inner sides of the tower.
largertower.jpg

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All AR models regardless of size share the same type of design in tower with the knobs at the back.

All Limited and X models regardless of size share the same type of design in tower with the larger base and different locking mechanism located on the inner side of the tower.
Ok great so it sounds like my '15 242 S has a different design than the AR tower that collapsed. Thanks for clearing this up

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok great so it sounds like my '15 242 S has a different design than the AR tower that collapsed. Thanks for clearing this up
I just added some pics to my post above to help illustrate the differences.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck - how did you like coming from Miamai?

We are debating on a departure marina. How is security at that place? How close is customs down there?