• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Sure, "Mrs." Moose...

Just kidding... i saw my wife watching the same thing... walked into the room and saw that shipwreck (Sapona or whatever it's called)
righhttt your wife watching...uh huh ;)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well in 2015 @kthrash took care of making stickers for everyone last year I did but kept his same design so they would match. I won't be in Bimini this year so I wanted to see if someone else wanted to do it this year? He and I both used sticker mule in a 5X3 oval format and the sticker quality is excellent after two years on the back window of the car still no fade on mine. Attached is the design @kthrash has for 2017. Thanks! @kthrash

Attachments

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well in 2015 @kthrash took care of making stickers for everyone last year I did but kept his same design so they would match. I won't be in Bimini this year so I wanted to see if someone else wanted to do it this year? He and I both used sticker mule in a 5X3 oval format and the sticker quality is excellent after two years on the back window of the car still no fade on mine. Attached is the design @kthrash has for 2017. Thanks! @kthrash
I'll run with this ball. I took care of the Shelbyville stickers last year.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These are equal quality. Top notch stickers. :thumbsup:

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
now, will we be doing one size fits all or small & large variant?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One size. Same size as the other gathering stickers. My compulsive nature couldn't handle different sizes. :eek:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Speaking of stickers... if I wanted to put sticker on the boat hull to appease the ocean gods will sticker mule be the right place to go?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Speaking of stickers... if I wanted to put sticker on the boat hull to appease the ocean gods will sticker mule be the right place to go?
Umm what kind of sticker are you talking about? They have a minimum order of 10 if you just want a one off sticker I would just hit up your local sign and banner shop. I think it averages about $20 or so through them for a 5X3 sticker in a 10 count order.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you want a forum sticker... click the link in my signature below.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was thinking about something like a 1x1 foot image of Medusa. There is a double meaning here.
  • This boat is so fast that it will make you feel that you are as slow as a stone ( recall Medusa turned people to stone)
  • Poseidon ( the god of the sea) had a crash on Medusa, so in her honour he will keep us safe

IMG_0425.PNG

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was thinking about something like a 1x1 foot image of Medusa. There is a double meaning here.
  • This boat is so fast that it will make you feel that you are as slow as a stone ( recall Medusa turned people to stone)
  • Poseidon ( the god of the sea) had a crash on Medusa, so in her honour he will keep us safe

View attachment 51332
I would def go to your local sign and banner shop for that over an online company to make sure it was done the way you want.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I know most of the details are TBD until closer to the actual date of 7/10; however, what was the earliest time of departure for the 1st group to cross last year or in previous years?

I'm a fan of the earlier the better. I'm not opposed to leaving before the sun rises. I often leave the inlet and head out in the ocean to fish before the sun rises. I understand that most will be traveling from other states and may or may not have experience doing this and may or may not feel comfortable doing so.

Just curious to find out the sentiment on leaving (very) early. I also have autopilot integrated on my boat and chartplotter which I will be using for the crossing. Set it and forget it. Sit back and enjoy the ride and be sure the most direct, shortest, quickest route is achieved.

I'll do whatever the group does either way.
I believe it stated that the first group departs at 6 am.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know most of the details are TBD until closer to the actual date of 7/10; however, what was the earliest time of departure for the 1st group to cross last year or in previous years?

I'm a fan of the earlier the better. I'm not opposed to leaving before the sun rises. I often leave the inlet and head out in the ocean to fish before the sun rises. I understand that most will be traveling from other states and may or may not have experience doing this and may or may not feel comfortable doing so.

Just curious to find out the sentiment on leaving (very) early. I also have autopilot integrated on my boat and chartplotter which I will be using for the crossing. Set it and forget it. Sit back and enjoy the ride and be sure the most direct, shortest, quickest route is achieved.

I'll do whatever the group does either way.
Of course it depends on the sea conditions but typically the group is heading out of the channel to open water just as the sunrises.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got it. For those that have traveled multiple years, what has been the average speed maintained and time to complete? Sea conditions dictate but I'm also curious the typical/average rates.

Thanks!
Not counting 2015, all my trips took from 1.75 hours to 3 hours, probable an average would be just shy of 2.5 hours.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
@Bruce I love love love that framed memorabilia!! I would have never thought to do something like that!!! That's brilliant!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger, we will depart around the time the sun rises. If the water is rough it is no fun hitting waves that we can not see and it is best to avoid the seaweed with our jets.

As the trip approaches and we have a better understanding of who is going we will split into groups and appoint leaders.

While we would love to have a boat of your capability in a group you may choose to fish your way over on your own.

What speed would you fish at?

My hope is that our groups will cross in the 20 to 25 MPH range slowing to the lower end for the roughest portions. This will be the first crossing for around 3/4 of the boats going. The crossing is going to seem rough to those boats in anything but the best water so we will take it easy on the way there. We will not run at a constant speed and it is likely that some stops will be necessary. The return crossing will likely be a little faster as everyone will has become more comfortable with the waves.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce I love love love that framed memorabilia!! I would have never thought to do something like that!!! That's brilliant!
Thanks, having the original artwork provided extra motivation.