• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
how many boats and people total to we have?
Based on those that I know have reservations in Bimini we are currently at 29 boats, 4+ skis with 87 adults and 44 children. Another 11 boats and 51 people have registered but have not yet confirmed reservations in Bimini. That is before adding in Michepe69's group.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Based on those that I know have reservations in Bimini we are currently at 29 boats, 4+ skis with 87 adults and 44 children. Another 11 boats and 51 people have registered but have not yet confirmed reservations in Bimini. That is before adding in Michepe69's group.
The infinity pool is gonna be yellow.

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Picked up boat towing insurance at the CHARLOTTE, NC boat show last weekend. $40 off if you signed up at the show. "Yes absolutely!" I inquired about insurance coverage through Sea Insure to include Bimini while there. Just got a quote to include the Bahamas, Turks, Caicos islands from Eastport ME to Brownsville Tx. "Why yes again fine sir!" It was pricey, but who cares. $200 more than regular inland and immediate coastal water coverage. The price you pay for coverage in paradise! I told them we had 40+ boats/skis crossing. Guess I wasn't far off.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
:yawn:Wayyyyy to superstitious for that!!!

From Wikipedia;

The most prominent feature of the island is its lighthouse, which was erected in 1859, and stands about 151 feet (46 m) tall. It has been claimed that a full moon causes unusual sounds to be heard on the small island. In the late 19th century local lore tells of a ship wreck on the island with one survivor, an infant. The child’s distraught mother, known as the Grey Lady, is said to haunt the island to this very day, wailing in sorrow during the full moon.

On August 4, 1969, the station was discovered to have been abandoned by its two keepers, who were never found.[3] Many believers in the Bermuda Triangle claim that the keepers were two more victims lost to its mysterious forces.[4] however, the hurricane record from 1969 indicates that Hurricane Anna [1], the first hurricane of 1969, on 1–2 August, passed close enough to Great Isaac Island to cause dangerous weather for the tiny rock island. By the 4th of August, the hurricane was well into the Atlantic Ocean.

The grounds are open to the public, although the lighthouse itself has had stairs removed to block access to the interior of that structure. The keepers’ house, cistern, and assorted buildings are crumbling into ruins. The derelict collection of abandoned buildings make Great Isaac Cay a popular destination for boaters

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Hoooooolllly!!
What's the most boats and skis in one year previously?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hoooooolllly!!
What's the most boats and skis in one year previously?
Last year we ended up with 19 boats and 2 skis in Bimini after the weather caused 8 boats and 8 skis to drop out.

Assuming we have good weather 2017 will be by far the largest so far.

Rob Schultz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Rob Schultz has registered to captain Mako Adventures with a crew of 2 adults and 2 children. They hail from the home port of Dunedin, Fl.

The crew is described as: Rob Schultz, Lisa Schultz Kids Vann 6 Alexa 9

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2017-registration.6/respond

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Assuming we have good weather 2017 will be by far the largest so far.
Assuming everyone can make it, this could be the largest JetBoaters gathering to date. At least for a couple weeks until Shelbyville. ;)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Rob Schultz, I was wondering when you would get your registration in!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think that there should be a new JetBoaters rule for the Bimini crossing. @Bruce does not buy his own rum while in Bimini. I'm forecasting some headaches and some late-night vhf pirate banter this year!

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
drinking games....a shot of rum every time someone says "Arrrgh" or "Ahoy" over VHF

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Arrrrrghhhhh! :jimlad:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At least one dinner outing was arranged in pirate voice over the VHF last year. A mistake in measuring rum rations was involved.

What else would you expect when you have two cases of rum in your condo?

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just seen an ad for Bass Pro offering free installation on GPS depth finders plotters. Not sure which model you have to buy or how much you have to spend but for those who don't have one yet might be worth looking into.

Edgar Almonte

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm planning to join the group for the 2017 Bimini crossing (my first one) and I'm wondering how much weight (passengers and luggage) I can load on my 2012 242 Limited S? Any comments?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I'm planning to join the group for the 2017 Bimini crossing (my first one) and I'm wondering how much weight (passengers and luggage) I can load on my 2012 242 Limited S? Any comments?
Welcome. Please sign up and make reservation to the Bimini Sands on the first page.

There is a video of a 242 S crossing with about 6 people on youtube(if i'm not mistaken) plus their gear....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How much are you wanting to carry? My family of four sticks to just us on the boat along with all the food, snorkeling, paddle boarding, fishing gear etc that we want to take. We take minimal clothing and use the washer and dryer in the condo.

Many have had successful trips with six on a 23 or 24 foot Yamaha. I think that would be my limit but eight could be done if everyone packed conservatively.

Another consideration is that if the water is rough the most comfortable seat is across the back. With four on board my whole family can sit across the back while I stand at the helm. Kids may choose to lay down on the J shaped seating area but you really want anyone who would normally experience any back or joint pain at the back. The bow area should be off limits as it will be exposed to a significant amount of salt water and terrible impact.

As @blacksapphirez pointed out, please get your registration and Bimini Sands Condo reservation in quickly as they are going to fill up. Instructions are in the first and second post of this thread.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Assuming everyone can make it, this could be the largest JetBoaters gathering to date. At least for a couple weeks until Shelbyville. ;)
Last years Shelbyville was still a bit bigger than this. This years Shelbyville....
EPIC

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
How much are you wanting to carry? My family of four sticks to just us on the boat along with all the food, snorkeling, paddle boarding, fishing gear etc that we want to take. We take minimal clothing and use the washer and dryer in the condo.

Many have had successful trips with six on a 23 or 24 foot Yamaha. I think that would be my limit but eight could be done if everyone packed conservatively.

Another consideration is that if the water is rough the most comfortable seat is across the back. With four on board my whole family can sit across the back while I stand at the helm. Kids may choose to lay down on the J shaped seating area but you really want anyone who would normally experience any back or joint pain at the back. The bow area should be off limits as it will be exposed to a significant amount of salt water and terrible impact.

As @blacksapphirez pointed out, please get your registration and Bimini Sands Condo reservation in quickly as they are going to fill up. Instructions are in the first and second post of this thread.
Any word from the bahia mar yet?