• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As an update on the Bahia Mar Hotel, they have offered us and a I have signed the contract for a group rate of $109 for partial ocean view rooms. Anyone arriving early can use that rate up to 3 days in advance.

I am waiting for the link to book rooms at our group rate. It is expected to take 2 to 3 work days to setup. I will post the link when it is ready.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is what remained available at Bimini Sands yesterday.

1 bedroom marina view – 7
1 bedroom ocean view – 1
1 bedroom with a loft marina view – 9
2 bedroom with a loft marina view – 3
2 bedroom with a loft ocean view – 1

If anyone still wants to go please grab them before they are gone.

@jlcj7, this is your chance!

@1948Isaac, @Hector, @Augusto David Rodriguez, @Hamp, @Jr15g, @Justin Edwards, @Lakeboy, @Larry Robinson, @scubarick314, @TexasPilot71 I see you guys as registered for the trip but do not have a record of you having a condo. If you have made reservations please share your condo number so I can update my list of who is going.

Thanks
It doesn't look like the dates are going to work for us, I'm going to have to wait until middle of June to confirm.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just found this at West Marine. There is a $100 rebate. Going to get one today. I am sure it will take 6 weeks or so to get your rebate but still $259 aint bad.
Screenshot_20170225-084624.png

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just found this at West Marine. There is a $100 rebate. Going to get one today. I am sure it will take 6 weeks or so to get your rebate but still $259 aint bad.
That is a solid, single use device.

My personal opinion is that inReach is a better option as it provides all the time tracking, text based communication and will run for longer assuming it is fully charged at the time of an emergency.

Jim Hernandez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Jim Hernandez has registered to captain The Big H with a crew of 2 adults and 0 children. They hail from the home port of Williamsburg V.A..

The crew is described as: Jim Hernandez Captain
Eileen Hernandez First Mate (wife0

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2017-registration.6/respond

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

My personal opinion is that inReach is a better option as it provides all the time tracking, text based communication and will run for longer assuming it is fully charged at the time of an emergency.
I looked at both and the ACR had some better reviews and i dont feel like dealing with data plans and such. The messaging is nice but i dont want anyone to be able to reach me in Bimini. Its 6 of one half a dozen of another as long as in a worse case it works ill be happy. If not i have my $.99 rescuse noodles from wal mart lol.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is Bimini Sands new promotional video with lots of aerial video that shows the facility well.

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wife and I just watched the video twice! We are so excited. We are keeping this a surprise from our 11yr old. We plan on just telling her were going to Florida and when we depart were just going for a small boat ride.

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

@Bruce I just received my inReach Explorer and activated. it seems takes forever to send and receive messages. Are there settings for quicker respond?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce I just received my inReach Explorer and activated. it seems takes forever to send and receive messages. Are there settings for quicker respond?
Are you using it inside? I find it works poorly inside but very well outside. Mine will not communicate with the satellites at all inside my home. It does work well on the dash in my truck.

Last edited:

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you using it inside? I find it work poorly inside but very well outside
It was sitting on the windows @ my office. I will try it outside completely when I get home. I really like the SOS feature that is connect to the service center. Thanks.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It was sitting on the windows @ my office. I will try it outside completely when I get home. I really like the SOS feature that is connect to the service center. Thanks.
I am surprised it is working at all inside your office.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jayasaki138 I had the same experience inside the house. It took forever. I went outside, waited a few minutes and sent another message. That one sent way faster.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Updated map to include @shaun lawson, Phillip Wilkerson, and move @Valerie over to 20E. We're still missing room letters for a handful of people. The sands is filling up!

Attachments

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked at both and the ACR had some better reviews and i dont feel like dealing with data plans and such. The messaging is nice but i dont want anyone to be able to reach me in Bimini. Its 6 of one half a dozen of another as long as in a worse case it works ill be happy. If not i have my $.99 rescuse noodles from wal mart lol.
Although the logging features of the inReach are nice to have, my Garmin chart plotter has the similar functionality. I primarily consider the ACR and inReach as life insurance. I only look at these units from a safety perspective. I agree with you @Drift Away. It is six of one half dozen of another. I also agree with @Bruce. Aside of the obvious redundancy that these two units have with respect to each other, your vhf radio, and your chart plotter, it's worth considering that the ACR is better suited for the "all hell breaks loose" scenario where it's always ready to be easily deployed in the worst panic, while the inReach has a broader range of use, like for example, if you only need a tow and not a full-on rescue, but you do have to make sure that it is charged, and you need the subscription.
I bought both, so I guess that I have a full dozen.

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have both as well...
I have the PLB from ACR for every trip in the boat. The In-reach I will use for longer distances that way I can only pay for the service when I really need/want it.