• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@fromrio, HarborTowne is the best place I know of to leave trucks, trailers or boats parked. They have 24 hour security and are currently charging $15 per day.
@Bruce. Is there a number to call Harbor Towne ? I just spoke to Bahia Mar and they are asking for $50 per day to store the trailer and $7 per day for my vehicle. I thought that was a ridiculous amount to store the trailer. I am planning to be in Bahia Mar on Saturday afternoon, launch the boat somewhere nearby (any recommendations? ) and put it in Bahia Mar Yatching Center. Alternately I can put the boat in Harbor Towne on Saturday and then launch the boat on Sunday the 9th.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If an international airline flew you to the US or Europe and you were unable to clear customs they would be responsible for flying you back. Because of this they want to know you can clear customs before boarding the flight.

If a float plan and letter from the Cap'n is not sufficient for Silver let me know and I will reach out to Bahama's Tourism next week.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri, Harbor Towne parking is handled on a cash basis by their security crew. There is not much to discuss with them. It is $15 cash per day to park a truck and trailer. It very likely is the same for just a trailer.

I have parked a truck and trailer at Bahia Mar. it is a pain and painfully expensive. Unless you have a compelling reason to do otherwise I would launch on Saturday and arrive at Bahia Mar by boat.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got of the phone with silverway. They confirmed that we will not be allowed too bard with proof of intention to returning to US.
In our case we will have to provide proof of ownership of the vessel that will be bringing the kids to US. I will pre a list of documents and send to silverway for approval and then will post here.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri, Harbor Towne parking is handled on a cash basis by their security crew. There is not much to discuss with them. It is $15 cash per day to park a truck and trailer. It very likely is the same for just a trailer.

I have parked a truck and trailer at Bahia Mar. it is a pain and painfully expensive. Unless you have a compelling reason to do otherwise I would launch on Saturday and arrive at Bahia Mar by boat.
When you say Harbor Towne I assume you mean Harbor Towne Marina ? ( http://www.harbourtownemarina.com/index.html ) . I will take your suggestion and launch the boat on Saturday and arrive at Bahia Mar by boat.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When you say Harbor Towne I assume you mean Harbor Towne Marina ? ( http://www.harbourtownemarina.com/index.html ) . I will take your suggestion and launch the boat on Saturday and arrive at Bahia Mar by boat.
That is them and the optimal way to travel. Just show up and go to the launch ramps. The security guards in golf carts will ask you how long, take your $15 per day then point you to a launch ramp and a parking spot.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I just got of the phone with silverway. They confirmed that we will not be allowed too bard with proof of intention to returning to US.
In our case we will have to provide proof of ownership of the vessel that will be bringing the kids to US. I will pre a list of documents and send to silverway for approval and then will post here.
@Betik . I just spoke to Silver Airlines. They told me to get the CRUISING PERMIT From BAHAMAS GOVT beforehand. Only with that document will they allow the passengers to board the plane. I will check on this.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
FYI: double tree at Bahia mar has no more rooms for jetboaters at the $119 rate. I got the last 2 for Saturday. The next lowest rate is at $169.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri, @Betik, you can not get a cruising permit before your boat enters Bahamian Waters. We get them when we clear customs.

I think @Betik has this resolved and we will be able to follow his lead. If not I will call Bahama's Tourism and work something out.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri, @Betik, you can not get a cruising permit before your boat enters Bahamian Waters. We get them when we clear customs.

I think @Betik has this resolved and we will be able to follow his lead. If not I will call Bahama's Tourism and work something out.
Worse case scenario I will have them fly back.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
FYI: double tree at Bahia mar has no more rooms for jetboaters at the $119 rate. I got the last 2 for Saturday. The next lowest rate is at $169.
I emailed Bahia Mar to ask if they would like to offer any more discounted rooms so keep your fingers crossed.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Got all the passports!
There any rush on the slips at bahia mar? Been working 16 hour days and have been slacking in the paperwork department.

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got all the passports!
There any rush on the slips at bahia mar? Been working 16 hour days and have been slacking in the paperwork department.
I can't get Stephanie Fot to email me back. I need to call in the am to verify they actually received my slip reservation and credit card pics.

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can't get Stephanie Fot to email me back. I need to call in the am to verify they actually received my slip reservation and credit card pics.
I emailed my reservation form to Stephanie about 30 minutes ago and Received a reply from her said "Received".

Jadams0527

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I emailed my reservation form to Stephanie about 30 minutes ago and Received a reply from her said "Received".
I got mine back this morning, just sent it last night and asked for confirmation in the email.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
For the boats that do not have a fresh water shower inbuilt, what do you use for fresh water shower? Especially useful for the Bimini trip after swimming to rinse the salt off.

I came across this and seriously considering purchasing this.
http://bigkahunashowers.com/shop/

Does anybody have this and their experience ? What size container will fit inside the seating compartment back of the driver ?

EDIT: Posting pictures will be much appreciated to give me an idea of what to buy

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
For the boats that do not have a fresh water shower inbuilt, what do you use for fresh water shower? Especially useful for the Bimini trip after swimming to rinse the salt off.

I came across this and seriously considering purchasing this.
http://bigkahunashowers.com/shop/

Does anybody have this and their experience ? What size container will fit inside the seating compartment back of the driver ?

EDIT: Posting pictures will be much appreciated to give me an idea of what to buy
How essential is this really?
Never even thought about it, and I am going to guess that a daily rinse off of a few things wouldn't hurt. Perhaps a bucket from the condo with a sponge and just wipe a few things down? I will probably bring some hot sauce but that's not gonna get rid of salt on stuff either.