• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

JerseyYami

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Guys, I have a question for the group crossing July 9th. My father in-law wants to do some serious fishing so who in this group is bringing fishing equipment? We want to figure out who is fishing and what type of fishing you plan on doing so we can consolidate fishing poles etc.... We want to do BOTH light and heavy duty fishing but don't want to bring a ton of stuff. Please TEXT STEVE at (609)828-0817 so we can coordinate. Thanks in advance!

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, there is some good news.
FL has relaxed their oversized towing restrictions for boats, so I now may tow any day of the week, except for holidays.
This will shorten the trip home by more than day! We can load up on Saturday, drive to somewhere north of Orlando, and then on Sunday continue on into AL up to Montgomery.

And then of course there is the bad news.
One of my (aging) engines has developed a small problem which has caused me to question the overall reliability. She's in the shop now, and I hope to hear this or next week whether it is worth it to service and repair, or if I am looking at a full repower. A full repower will not be completed prior to the July trip, so if that is the case, I will have to cancel this year's trip. I'll let you know when I know.

And then for another struggle, yesterday I towed our small boat from GA to KC MO where my employer relocated me to. Not too far into the trip:

upload_2018-5-16_21-21-27.png

So one thing I learned from this: If you test your jack, keep in mind that, with a flat tire, your axle will sit about 2" lower. So if your jack had 1.5" clearance, when the tire is flat, your jack is 0.5" too tall and will not fit under the axle.... :eek::mad::meh:

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Always carry several blocks of wood. And a long 2x8 to use as a ramp....

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi Guys, I have a question for the group crossing July 9th. My father in-law wants to do some serious fishing so who in this group is bringing fishing equipment? We want to figure out who is fishing and what type of fishing you plan on doing so we can consolidate fishing poles etc.... We want to do BOTH light and heavy duty fishing but don't want to bring a ton of stuff. Please TEXT STEVE at (609)828-0817 so we can coordinate. Thanks in advance!
Steve. I have asked lots of fishing questions in this thread because I am a novice looking to get better for one of my kids who really enjoys it. Reef fishing is what most do with 30 lb rig. Some do bring rigs capable of 70 or 80lbs but usually not needed. Most buy frozen squid for the bait. Fluorocarbon leader or line is needed. I am only bringing two reef fishing setups. If anyone is looking for a fishing partner my 15 year old son will likely jump at the chance.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Berrie why dont you bring the small boat ?
It is only a 19’ Bayliner, not self-bailing, and I believe it’s suicide to try and cross in it.
If you live in FLL and you can pick your days, maybe, but being on a schedule, hell no.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hey, has anyone gone and seen the stones of atlantis? Anything worth seeing or not really?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey, has anyone gone and seen the stones of atlantis? Anything worth seeing or not really?
They are worth seeing for 5 minutes. Three Sisters which is nearby has much more interesting sea life. But you will be in the area so it is worth looking at the rectangular stones 20’ below.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just got word my custom boat cover is finished! Making sure it fits Wednesday and hopefully this weekend i can ger neighbors to help put the tower back on!
Still need to do new barrery box mounts and make sure i hook all my wires up right but then it's fire it up and get it running!
What do you guys have boat wise to get accomplished?
I also need to look into the svrs kinda stuff to make my states return quick and easy.
Any suggestions on this aspect as well?
I know the other thread was talking about an app.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The verdict is in....
The engines are good to go with a good service ($6,200) and one new outdrive ($6,200).

Thank God I don’t have an expensive hobby, like, well, playing chess or something like that.... :p

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank God I don’t have an expensive hobby, like, well, playing chess or something like that.... :p
what do you mean by "hobby" ? I thought this is a necessity just as medical bills. My wife agree to put money on the boat instead of the shrink

JamesParks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC

Dallas

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length

Mgray

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JamesParks, @Dallas, @Mgray @Mgray

do you guy have reservations at Bimini Sands, I am getting ready to cancel mine and I want to make sure that no one from our groups needs it.