• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I would invest in better screws. A week of salt might eat them!
Understood but they’ll last more than a week. But now that you mention it coated deck screws would last longer.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's wrong with a couple of 5gal cans in the ski locker? Fast spouts, done.

Most likely won't even need them, but if needed those cans are very manageable, and easy access there.
Unless your windshield and your tower collapse, lol, but even then it's doable.

--

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Because Julian said not to put them there...

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes I also enjoy woodworking from the basics all the way to custom cabinet/furniture grade with inlay. It is that darn fishing thing that has me perplexed.

Whatever anyone does for fuel cans a high flow shake siphon is an awesome thing. Just get the bottom of can slightly higher than the ouput of the hose (shoving the hose way down in the boat works) and it will transfer fuel faster than you can pour it. I used overturned 5 gallon buckets to put my 14 gallon fuel caddy on at the dock yesterday and the siphon emptied it in about one and a half minutes. Now that is fast. More than twice as fast as pouring my vp race jugs. I now have two of those caddys and 3 of my 4 race jugs are destined for CL.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just because I said I wouldn't put gas cans in the ski locker doesn't mean you shouldn't! I just don't like putting poorly sealed cans in there. But if you have better ones than I have go for it! My ski locker was full of rods and other stuff. I just found strapping them on the lower swim deck was:
  1. Freaking easy to do (Keep it simple!)
  2. Easily accessible
  3. Safe...no fume gathering possible
So I'm going to do it again....no frame needed to hold them together....easy to load the gas into the boat if needed.....simple. My advice....don't over think this....keep it simple!

I may buy one of these so I can empty a can in 35 seconds.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Available condo for the July trip:
Unit: 007-G
View: Marina
cost: $1,289.76

Long story short, there is so much going in our life this summer that the family has pulled out 100%. I am going to make the crossing on Monday, but I will be flying back on Tuesday. If anyone wants/needs a condo please let me know before I talk with Bimini sands. I am planing on calling in next Friday May 11th, so I do not keep the unit highjacked when I know for fact that the family is not tagging along.

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So I'm going to do it again....no frame needed to hold them together....easy to load the gas into the boat if needed.....simple. My advice....don't over think this....keep it simple!

I may buy one of these so I can empty a can in 35 seconds.[/QUOTE]

THIS ONE WORKS WELL !
I fill all the time when my boat is in the slip.
24 gallons each time I add gas...
Notice I didn't say FILL UP. That only happens before a big trip. 240 gallons makes a dent in the wallet !

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So serious question from the boss. Is wine and pina colada mix as readily available in Bimini as rum or do we need to bring it with? Also are we likely to find any unique cases of red wine to bring back?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So serious question from the boss. Is wine and pina colada mix as readily available in Bimini as rum or do we need to bring it with? Also are we likely to find any unique cases of red wine to bring back?
I would bring alcohol other than rum. The largest liquor store in Bimini is the size of a small gas station.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd definitely bring wine and pina colada mix with you. Not worth the risk. We bring everything including beer and have brought rum back that we've bought at Bimini.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik

We are listening to Kenny Chesney, thinking about Bimini, drinking enough Bahamian rum to make up for the taquila and have decided that you need make a sacrifice to Poseidon at the Cap’ns meeting to insure our safe crossing.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
More specifically, Bahamian Rum!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This will be interesting to those that want to fish a little on the trip. Squid and other bait can get very smelly and messy. Even freshly thawed squid tends to coat everything in its stench.

In the past I have used a thermos to store squid in. I keep it in the freezer in the condo and in the refrigerator or ice chest on the boat.

Shopping at Walmart I found an $8 stainless food jar that will work very well for this purpose. It seems to be well sealed. I picked one up to use for 2018.

Attachments

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I was about to ask about top activities for kids. Realized my kids will be hard pressed to get them out of pool to go anywhere anyways

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Pools are everywhere... there’s only one Sapona, honeymoon harbor, etc
Plenty of time after the days adventure to hit the pool !
:)