• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

ThatJeepGirl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this is very interesting

@ThatJeepGirl called him a "dick", but @ThatJeepGuy told us that she said " DICK".
Going from 19 footer to 24 footer, then from lower case to all upper case....... anyone sees a pattern of compensating here?
Well...he DID compliment him on his “red rocket” so I can’t call him a DICK, but he’s still a dick.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well...he DID compliment him on his “red rocket” so I can’t call him a DICK, but he’s still a dick.
it did yield some results real quick though, right LOL

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling do you have a bow cover ? or 6 inch scupper? Looks like your free-board is lower than mine and last year I had the Kaiten award
I do have a bow cover however I was told on the forums here that it will probably be useless when swamped with water, however, I have seen it take some decent waves, just not waves over and over and over.
And no, I don't have a 6 inch scupper.
And yes, your fancy 24' boat has a higher freeboard.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do have a bow cover however I was told on the forums here that it will probably be useless when swamped with water, however, I have seen it take some decent waves, just not waves over and over and over.
And no, I don't have a 6 inch scupper.
And yes, your fancy 24' boat has a higher freeboard.
Lots of people have taken your hull across here some video of someone in your hull crossing.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Speedling I remember the discussion and @Bruce put up my video as an example of a "failed" bow cover.
@MrMoose has had good success with it though. And one the things I noticed is that his snapps are doubles instead of singles. So I think that helped to keep in it place.
For 2019 I am planing to put extra snaps and put a semi inflated tube underneath. I think @Andy S uses this approach to keep the bow cover from caving in. I used a pole instead of a tube and it was a bad idea. Eventually the tube started bouncing around and scratched the interior.

I did not think that free-board was as important when @MrMoose pointed it out the difference between my hull and his hull. But I thinking it makes a difference and dam yours looks very sleek, but low.

PS. I guess it looks like this week is " Peek on @Speedling Week" LOL . I guess we will make up by providing endless rum on Monday night at the infinity pool

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling I remember the discussion and @Bruce put up my video as an example of a "failed" bow cover.
@MrMoose has had good success with it though. And one the things I noticed is that his snapps are doubles instead of singles. So I think that helped to keep in it place.
For 2019 I am planing to put extra snaps and put a semi inflated tube underneath. I think @Andy S uses this approach to keep the bow cover from caving in. I used a pole instead of a tube and it was a bad idea. Eventually the tube started bouncing around and scratched the interior.

I did not think that free-board was as important when @MrMoose pointed it out the difference between my hull and his hull. But I thinking it makes a difference and dam yours looks very sleek, but low.

PS. I guess it looks like this week is " Peek on @Speedling Week" LOL . I guess we will make up by providing endless rum on Monday night at the infinity pool
My freeboard is the same as any other 21' boat (unless they got bigger a bit with newest model) and i have been out where i was getting waves over side and had to head into waves, in hail and rain, with kids jumping into the storage locker putting on sunglasses so i could keep on planing speeds to keep above it all.
I don't plan on doing that again! Lol
But in the 1-2' waves we will be having it will be just fine, lol!

Guys, i will have no problem if in the first mile it seems too rough, turning around and heading back. I have family we plan on visiting in florida, and there is a whole lotta water in the gulf we can visit with them.
I am kinda glad ya'll are trying to scare me. If you weren't i would be worried.
And no i cant go buy a 24 in the next week. Saving for that 27' after all takes some time.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Speedling is probally going to be in better shape than me. I may get the award for heaviest 242 to make the crossing. 6 crew, 4.5 gallons of beer, 4 gallons of pina collada mix, 3 gallons of uht milk, food, baggage, and 14 gallons of extra fuel.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I was actually waiting for someone to tell me the storm can pop up halfway through and I'll be stuck in it instead of going back. You guys must still be waking up

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was actually waiting for someone to tell me the storm can pop up halfway through and I'll be stuck in it instead of going back. You guys must still be waking up
There could be a storm pop up half way and u would be stuck in it... (I'm here for you @Speedling) .

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling is probally going to be in better shape than me. I may get the award for heaviest 242 to make the crossing. 6 crew, 4.5 gallons of beer, 4 gallons of pina collada mix, 3 gallons of uht milk, food, baggage, and 14 gallons of extra fuel.
My goodness! I probably drink a case of beer in a year! My wife and i will probably just enjoy a drink or two at a resteraunt and that's it.
Trying to avoid milk if we can, just some water which we hope to refill at condos.
Thinking light!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My goodness! I probably drink a case of beer in a year! My wife and i will probably just enjoy a drink or two at a resteraunt and that's it.
Trying to avoid milk if we can, just some water which we hope to refill at condos.
Thinking light!
The pina collada mix is for virgin frozen drinks for the kids as well. Will have my mini ninja blender on board. I have two one gallon kegs and a 2.5 gallon keg that I was planning on taking to force refill the one gallons. 3 of my crew is 21 or over and we all can agree on Kona Hanalei Island IPA in the summer. We prefer low abv beers too. While on the topic what is the legal drinking age in Bimini?

FCB83CB4-9FE9-4420-8306-35CB216D5397.jpeg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Does that apply to lodging? I can’t recall when they bill the remainder of the balance but may make sense to have them bill it before July 1st.
Looks like lodging, fuel, merchandise will be effected but perhaps not groceries.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thinking light!
Add Gatorade powder to that water. The electrolytes will help.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For those who missed @DieselCamel post in the other thread looks like you guys just took a 4.5% increase in part of your vacation cost.

http://m.tribune242.com/news/2018/may/30/budget-vat-rise-75-percent-12-percent/?templates=mobile
Does that apply to lodging? I can’t recall when they bill the remainder of the balance but may make sense to have them bill it before July 1st.
Two 7.5% taxes are applied to the condo rentals. VAT is not charged on the condo rentals. Your final payment should be made 14 days before departure.

Slip fees have been charged the same occupancy taxes as condos in the past.

VAT is charged on fuel. I am uncertain if this rate change changes the fuel tax rate. Fuel is the only expense where it will make much of a difference to your budget.

There is not much to buy in Bimini. So the tax change should not have any big effect.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Two 7.5% taxes are applied to the condo rentals. VAT is not charged on the condo rentals. Your final payment should be made 14 days before departure.

Slip fees have been charged the same occupancy taxes as condos in the past.

VAT is charged on fuel. I am uncertain if this rate change changes the fuel tax rate. Fuel is the only expense where it will make much of a difference to your budget.

There is not much to buy in Bimini. So the tax change should not have any big effect.
Fuel is going up anyways. Figured it would be over $3 by the time i left and sure enough here it comes!
Bimini is usually like $2 more or so?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Add Gatorade powder to that water. The electrolytes will help.
Good idea! I think you mentioned that before but writing down on my ad-hoc at work random thought list