• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I anticipate Poseidon to take all his vengeance on my June crossing and an insurance policy I am to sacrifice my mother in law.
Whatever it takes. ;) I already want to go back and I haven't even been the first time! The only way my wife will let that happen is if we have a decent crossing!

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m sorry if this was mentioned before, but I was just alerted to the fact that there is an app for re entry to the United States.
“CBP ROAM”
Apparently we can do all re entry stuff to the US right over this app instead of trying to call that phone number, then going in person to the office.
I’m going to try it this year as it was a real pain in the ass last year with the phone calls and trying to find the customs office.

I’m sorry if this was probably mentioned somewhere else in the threads, I wish I had the time to sit and read them all! But I hope I could help someone!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Water Girl, I suspect that we will learn a lot about CBP ROAM from the June group and that it will make clearing back into the US easier for us.

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bruce
Thanks! Sorry I’m always behind everyone in these posts haha.
It seems like a great idea I hope it works out.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone heard what the Whalers crew is doing? I cant find verification but I saw someone post on facebook that the Boston Whalers trip is the same week as this gathering July 10th-14th.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They have not scheduled any event this year. Not sure why....

https://www.bostonwhaler.com/stay-informed/events/
I have now talked to two people claiming this but I can't verify it anywhere online either. Both have told that this is what resort world told them. Heck now finding the June has it worse forget the Whales we have several yacht companies with their scheduled trips during our event hopefully most of the Yatchs run on diesel.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got it but it looks like the are confused it appears to be HCB Yatchs they look like a fun crew. These are the guys the build the huge center consoles with 3-4 outboard on the back.

https://hcbyachts.com/2018/05/09/2018-bimini-shakedown/
Good info. Thank you.

I have given Bimini Sands fuel estimates for both groups so they will have fuel on hand for us.

These other groups will primarily buy fuel at Blue Water. But if Blue Water runs out boats will run to Bimini Sands. Once one marina runs out the other will be quickly emptied.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good info. Thank you.

I have given Bimini Sands fuel estimates for both groups so they will have fuel on hand for us.

These other groups will primarily buy fuel at Blue Water. But if Blue Water runs out boats will run to Bimini Sands. Once one marina runs out the other will be quickly emptied.
I don't think this crew will need to purchase any fuel while in Bimini. Same for the groups I saw during our trip they are all large yachts it's unlikely on a Bimini trip they will require any fuel and probably very little in supplies while there with the available space on these boats they should likely carry almost everything they need.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't think this crew will need to purchase any fuel while in Bimini. Same for the groups I saw during our trip they are all large yachts it's unlikely on a Bimini trip they will require any fuel and probably very little in supplies while there with the available space on these boats they should likely carry almost everything they need.
Those triple and quad engines boats are going to drink the fuel!!!!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The @Betik ’s have solved the rum shortage!

2097E922-624B-477F-B0F9-927D99BD35D9.jpeg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Anyone bringing semi- professional photography camera? My wife wants a couple really nice family photos as we haven't really done them in 6 years.
Dinner and or drinks would be owed for sure.

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No but I have an overpriced iPhone that takes good pics if you get into a pinch haha

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
No but I have an overpriced iPhone that takes good pics if you get into a pinch haha
Ha! Yeah, she wanted something a little better quality than the phone pictures but honestly the phones and all the settings on them are starting to get pretty good once you learn the limits!
We have a gopro and a fujifilm camera as well.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone bringing semi- professional photography camera? My wife wants a couple really nice family photos as we haven't really done them in 6 years.
Dinner and or drinks would be owed for sure.
Rana will have her Nikon and take thousands of pictures during the trip. I am sure you will have opportunity to pose for her.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some have talked about VHF speakers and headphones... This is a bit expensive for what it's good for. Not sure when else you need/want waterproof headphones.

Cabellas.....

20180610_133927.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Rana will have her Nikon and take thousands of pictures during the trip. I am sure you will have opportunity to pose for her.
Awesome! Tell her thank you in advance!

Dochapel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dochapel has registered to captain Becky Sue with a crew of 4 adults and 1 children. They hail from the home port of Jordan Lake Apex, NC Unit 15L

The crew is described as: Damon Chapel
Susan Chapel
Matthew Goldsmith
Tammy Amell
Piper Goldsmith (14yo)

You can register for the event using the form at
https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-june-25th-to-30th.8/respond for June 25th to 30th
or
https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-july-9th-to-14th.6/respond for July 9th to 14th

Last edited: