• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe they wait a minimum a day after a resupply for the fuel/tanks to settle.

--
They received fuel tonight so this was not the issue they literally refused to serve fuel they had to us but offered it to someone else I know that same day. In fairness I spoke to other boaters they refused as well so why this guy picked my friend to offer fuel to I do not know but the fuel situation has been weird its almost like the guy at the fuel dock just doesn't want to work. They guy told my friend they had fuel but were telling us no they didn't. Then the next morning told us they had 900 gallons before they ran out.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, thank you for the fuel update. Fuel docks running out of fuel is quite common for Bimini however refusing to sell fuel on hand is new.

The ship store and restaurants being short on supplies is also typical.

Two big events in a row, the mail boat burning, new managment coming in, changes in staff, etc seem to have combined to create a Bimini Sands that is less functional than last year.

I have been in constant contact with the HOA for the past several days. They very much want our continued business but there is only so much that they can do. Hopefully that situation will be better before next year and many of the problems that the June (recon) group has discovered will be fixed before the July group arrives.

I am looking forward to hearing about the fun experiences that you discover and share with the July group.

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
When do we start looking at weather forecast? I see some apps showing data for Friday July 6th. Probably less accurate but I am wondering what to trends to look for as we get close.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When do we start looking at weather forecast? I see some apps showing data for Friday July 6th. Probably less accurate but I am wondering what to trends to look for as we get close.
In 4 days. Then we will debate the forecast for 9 more. It will be fun.......

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In 4 days. Then we will debate the forecast for 9 more. It will be fun.......
Well we need at least 34 different expert opinions (mine included) before we can make a decision.

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Anyone has advice on taking surf/wake boards to Bimini? I don’t see many pictures or videos. Also not sure about transporting during the cross.

Thanks a lot.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Were taking our new wake foil and largest surf board in center ski locker.
And wondering if anyone else will in July or has in June?

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
For those who are coming by FRS Caribbean ferry, how do they clear customs and immigration? Also where do we pick them up from to join us at Bimini Sands?

Thank you.

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Were taking our new wake foil and largest surf board in center ski locker.
And wondering if anyone else will in July or has in June?
My son would like his wakeboard but I am not sure we will have space in the ski locker as the Glastron does not have much storage area so water and food cans are going in the ski locker for us. Will probably take it with us and make a final decision in FL depending on space, weight etc.

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Well we need at least 34 different expert opinions (mine included) before we can make a decision.
Well we have a lot of catching up to do. The June group is up to 140 pages of debating over the weather among few other topics :)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wake and
For those who are coming by FRS Caribbean ferry, how do they clear customs and immigration? Also where do we pick them up from to join us at Bimini Sands?

Thank you.
They clear when the ferry lands. You will want to pick them up at Resorts World's docks which are on the East side of the resort. They will land on the West side. You might give them a handheld VHF to call you on channel 69 once in Bimini.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have working for me at the fireworks store an intern for tom skilling on wgn. We agree when looking at the various models.....
That it's too early to say anything other than hot.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
In all honesty he says that unless a front appears somewhere the wind should keep coming out of the southeast

Ryuc14911

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I have recorded in my spread sheet, the past 4 years of weather for June, July & august. I look at history, Various sites, Models, And whats available. I follow closely any activity off the coast of Afirca. Looking at Winds, biometric pressures, wave direction, Total Percipital water, And total cloud water between the launch inlet and destination. This case being Bimini. Sea level pressures, sea temperatures, mileage of visibity, everything down to tide levels and times, To try and prepare to make a smart decision 24-48 hr before launch. Everything must be considered. I may be taking it over board a bit but i like (Need) to be prepared in order to feel safe about the decision / route i take. Its not only my life at stake when i make this crossing ;)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have split the confirmed registrants into four groups in the first post.

The color coding is

Blue - Group Leader
Purple - Has experience, fixed vhf, plotter and EPIRB
Orange - Has experience
Green - First crossing

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wake and

They clear when the ferry lands. You will want to pick them up at Resorts World's docks which are on the East side of the resort. They will land on the West side. You might give them a handheld VHF to call you on channel 69 once in Bimini.
To get to these docks on the east side do you take the channel btw the North and South Island and then run up all the way to the northern most portion of the island?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Pantelis, @Erica Almond, @Tico-Rafael, @JamesParks, @Dallas, @Mgray, @Lowstar, it may be an error on my part but I do not have condo information for you. If you are going please confirm your condo units.

Additionally I see condo reservations for Matthew Applebaum, Michael Henschel and Chad Casassa that I can not link to registrations. If you know who they are please let me know what registration they are associated with.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To get to these docks on the east side do you take the channel btw the North and South Island and then run up all the way to the northern most portion of the island?
Yes, watch out for the no wake zone with the $500 cash fine.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@James R Whitten, @Skroggy66, @Joe c I show cancelled condos for you.

Please confirm that you have cancelled.
I might be a no go. My intermediate bearing started to leak this weekend. My dealer is trying to squeeze me in last minute.
Will not know for sure until Tuesday-Wednesday next week.
When they start leaking do they get leak worst with time or stay fairly constant?

I’m afraid it might break loose and be in trouble.

It has not been greased since the 10 hr service which seems odd it showed up now.