• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bruce has some Bimini stickers but I did receive more today as well if you did not receive one or need more please let me know and I will mail some out to you thanks! These are free no need to offer funds thanks!

bimini sticker.jpg

@Kevin Sargent @leonard delia
  1. @rsrlegends @Skroggy66 with 1 previous Bimini trips from Flagler Beach FL with 2 adults and 0 children in Unit 3B
  2. @Mainah @Dochapel @D3nN1s @James R Whitten @Screennameinuse
  3. @Ryuc14911 @Omar8thgen @Jessenia Serrano
  1. @Water Girl @jaburt @steven rivera @JROD @JerseyYami @Patricia Mershon @Yadel
  2. @James Thoms
  3. @zedxmike @Hector @Speedling @newbote @Berrie @Hamp with 0 previous Bimini trips from Birmingham, AL with 1 adults and 0 children in Unit 16L
  4. @Rod5 @BBottoms @AbuAyd @Lowstar

Last edited:

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like US customs updated the app today you now can request to become a verified traveler when you return to the USA. Can only be done on a trip returning to the USA

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gah! Jealous! I’ve seen every one of their sailing vlogs. Seem like just fantastic folks those la Vagabonde-ites.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome reports guys.
Really hate we missed out.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No the below photo is not photo shopped. The water was that flat and we were wakeboarding in front of the Sapona. I imagine the crossing today was great and goes to that forecasts can be very wrong. Does not mean ignor them just means prepare for the worst and be happy when it is better.

A11AFE4E-13E0-4AC9-801E-2EF488C364F7.jpeg

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Water Girl I am scanning over camera footage. I think you will be able to "relive" the first 90 minutes of the crossing

Correction: The 2 "MIA" boats did call in that they are were heading to Bimini while we were working on the overheating boat. I was under that boat pulling weed, so I never got the memo. Just wanted to clarify in case that they followed protocol when they decided to leave and they did not just disappear.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello guys, I’m happy to share that all turned out to be ok with us. I started out with Waterman and Betik to lighten the load on JerseyYami. The SEAWEED was a real issue and an important lesson. My crew on JerseyYami was full throttle and only going 20mph. We later found out it was the seaweed. When JerseyYami stopped with the group all hell broke lose with the engine overheating. I left waterman and Betik and got back on my boat and cut the group lose. It was hard watching everyone leave but we knew it was for the best for the group. I called Yamaha and the tech reassured us if we had cleared the seaweed she would eventually cool down and be good to go. We waited 20 minutes and fired her up. The warnings reset and we were back in business. We stopped about midway for about 10 minutes and threw 11 gallons in the tank. We actually arrived at Bimini, got a taxi to the airport, cleared customs, made an appointment at the shark lab, filled up the gas tank and watched the group we said good bye too earlier arrive after us. The looks on everyone’s faces was priceless. All in all it was an adventure of a lifetime and totally worth it in the end. For those of you getting ready to come over and join us pay attention to your boats and watch the dang seaweed. My family is proud to be a member of the jetboater family. We are making great friends here and we had a blast today at the Sapona.

I am very happy to hear that you guys made it to Bimini. After all that effort to ; it would have been such a pity not to be able to enjoy it.
a comment and a question
1: your captain maintains composure very well given the situation. Despite the drama I was impressed. She made a good call during the night ride too
2: when you guys decided to press toward Bimini; Did Jennifer broacasted it on 69? I thought, I heard fainted voice saying that they were underway and going on, but it did not get a response when I responded ( probably my radio was not powerful enough). So I assumed that either I am hallucinating or picking up random radio chatter.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just checking in to say @Betik did a great job at the lead and I pulled up the rear. The seaweed was a real issue. Killing the engines and letting the boat come to a stop before restarting was something I had to do many time to clear the weed to stay ar normal rpms for the speed behind acheived. Aside from the weeds and the boats that had mechanical issues it was a great crossing.
I think it had to a lot to do with the fact that Charlie 8 got my back. I really do appreciate you patiently sticking around through all the delays and discreetly holding our hands ( mine included ). Hope you & crew enjoy the trip over this year because 2019 will be a rough one.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some asked what did I have to sacrifice to Poseidon to get such good water ..... I did not sacrifice anything but my 5 years did....

Before I started driving for the June trip he gave me his shield and said “ daddy take this ; to protect you from monsters”.

I think we can all agree that it worked

Attachments

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
La Vagabonde wow! Knew they were in caribbean, follow them and SV Delos on YouTube Nice!

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
No the below photo is not photo shopped. The water was that flat and we were wakeboarding in front of the Sapona. I imagine the crossing today was great and goes to that forecasts can be very wrong. Does not mean ignor them just means prepare for the worst and be happy when it is better.

View attachment 78651
This has to be on my bucket list for next year.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Mainah, I believe that Bimini was sheltering the Sapona area from the north easterly waves when you took that photo.

I expect that the Sapona and Turtle Rocks will continue to be sheltered today. It looks like the seas will lay down for amazing water on Wednesday and Thursday.

The crossing was easy. Very different than what had been forecast. It was not Saturday or Sunday’s calm seas but was comfortable at 25 mph. There was a little confusion in the Wave direction but most were small enough to not be painful.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This has to be on my bucket list for next year.
Notice he is looking down in that photo as we all were when we were wakeboarding yesterday. Seeing the sandy bottom clearly through the crystal waters as you are wakeboarding is an amazing experience. Just cruise at 18 mph and forget about stunts. It is still a bit bumpy but nothing someone with even a little experience can’t handle.

The board we brought will fit most teenagers and adults and I am happy to loan it out for anyone here. We plan to head out at 7 am some morning this week for a couple hour session and welcome anyone to join. We also brought a tube that can be borrowed as well.

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Notice he is looking down in that photo as we all were when we were wakeboarding yesterday. Seeing the sandy bottom clearly through the crystal waters as you are wakeboarding is an amazing experience. Just cruise at 18 mph and forget about stunts. It is still a bit bumpy but nothing someone with even a little experience can’t handle.

The board we brought will fit most teenagers and adults and I am happy to loan it out for anyone here. We plan to head out at 7 am some morning this week for a couple hour session and welcome anyone to join. We also brought a tube that can be borrowed as well.
Yep, I remember skiing in Bimini on our trip. Pretty cool experience.

P.S. Nice of you to offer to let others use your gear :thumbsup:

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bruce has some Bimini stickers but I did receive more today as well if you did not receive one or need more please let me know and I will mail some out to you thanks! These are free no need to offer funds thanks!

View attachment 78644

@Kevin Sargent @leonard delia
  1. @rsrlegends @Skroggy66 with 1 previous Bimini trips from Flagler Beach FL with 2 adults and 0 children in Unit 3B
  2. @Mainah @Dochapel @D3nN1s @James R Whitten @Screennameinuse
  3. @Ryuc14911 @Omar8thgen @Jessenia Serrano
  1. @Water Girl @jaburt @steven rivera @JROD @JerseyYami @Patricia Mershon @Yadel
  2. @James Thoms
  3. @zedxmike @Hector @Speedling @newbote @Berrie @Hamp with 0 previous Bimini trips from Birmingham, AL with 1 adults and 0 children in Unit 16L
  4. @Rod5 @BBottoms @AbuAyd @Lowstar
Hi yes! I could use two!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I suggest that we try for the pot luck on Thursday at the beach on East Wells.

The pizza party will be at 6PM on Friday in the seating area on the beach between buildings 3 & 4.

We should have a portable conch stand setup on the beach between buildings 3 & 4 this evening. Leonardo will be selling fresh conch salad for $10.