• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

We will. It's not our first time crossing.

Glad to hear it. I am hopeful that the water conditions will improve over the next month. May has had too many 2+ foot with 3 to 4 second dominant period days (2 foot chop) for my liking!

@Andy S, @robert843, @ClemsonTiger, @MrMoose, @chris24, @Valerie, @Murf'n'surf I believe that the skis that had a 5 hour crossing on Monday are returning tomorrow. Let's play a game of guess how long their crossing will be.

I have reviewed forecasts from The NWS, SailFlow and PassageWeather. My guess is that a 6:00 to 8:00 departure will be a 3.5 hour crossing reducing to a 2.5 hour crossing if they leave at noon.

Gavin is graduating kindergarten tomorrow morning so I will miss out on the action.

@Andy S, @robert843, @ClemsonTiger, @MrMoose, @chris24, @Valerie, @Murf'n'surf I believe that the skis that had a 5 hour crossing on Monday are returning tomorrow. Let's play a game of guess how long their crossing will be.

I have reviewed forecasts from The NWS, SailFlow and PassageWeather. My guess is that a 6:00 to 8:00 departure will be a 3.5 hour crossing reducing to a 2.5 hour crossing if they leave at noon.

Gavin is graduating kindergarten tomorrow morning so I will miss out on the action.
I'm guessing 2.5 to 3 hour return trip.

Tell Gavin congratulations on graduating from kindergarten, it won't be long and he will graduating from High School.

I'm counting on the people that were slow on trip over to have gained some confidence in open water to make the trip back quicker.

@Bruce Congrats on graduation let him know the first drink is on me in Bimini. As long as we can find a spot that serves juice boxes ;). Ok I spent a few minutes looking at weather and I think they will make good time. The are calling for 5-10 knot winds from the South East which is good since they will be riding with the waves and the wind will be pushing with the Gulf Stream. The are calling for 3 second domiant periods early increasing to 8 seconds in the after noon but with seas less then two foot forecast in the 20-60 knotical mile range offshore it probably wont be to bad. Rain would be a key factor if they hit it. These guys have a long drive back to where they are from so I'm assuming pressing time will be on there minds. My guess is 2-2.5 hours from Bimini Sands to The mouth of Port Evergaldes pending no mechanical or equipment issues. Last year I think our return trip was probably 2ft seas with a 4 second dominant period and probably 3 seconds the last 10 miles or so into Port Everglades and it only took an 1 hour and 45 minutes so I figure an extra 45 minutes should give them plenty of time.

@Bruce Congrats on graduation let him know the first drink is on me in Bimini. As long as we can find a spot that serves juice boxes ;). Ok I spent a few minutes looking at weather and I think they will make good time. The are calling for 5-10 knot winds from the South East which is good since they will be riding with the waves and the wind will be pushing with the Gulf Stream. The are calling for 3 second domiant periods early increasing to 8 seconds in the after noon but with seas less then two foot forecast in the 20-60 knotical mile range offshore it probably wont be to bad. Rain would be a key factor if they hit it. These guys have a long drive back to where they are from so I'm assuming pressing time will be on there minds. My guess is 2-2.5 hours from Bimini Sands to The mouth of Port Evergaldes pending no mechanical or equipment issues. Last year I think our return trip was probably 2ft seas with a 4 second dominant period and probably 3 seconds the last 10 miles or so into Port Everglades and it only took an 1 hour and 45 minutes so I figure an extra 45 minutes should give them plenty of time.

Ok apparently the have a 9-10am departure time and they are staying the night in Miami and cant check into their hotel till 3-4pm so they may not be in any rush lol.

Sounds like you have been doing some insider trading, not fair.

Yes but that just told me I maybe wrong but I did just tell them they should be able to make it back in 2.5 hours hopefully that pushes them lol. @Andy S they did find a investment property for you while cruising around over there its a little of a fixer upper but right on the beach and possible at for sale at a reasonable price. Its the last pic with the for sale banner on it.

image (8).jpg image (9).jpg image (10).jpg image (11).jpg image (12).jpg

Sounds like you have been doing some insider trading, not fair.

Not only does he have inside info but he is influencing their departure time and telling them they can make it in his predicted 2.5 hours.

I believe that fixer upper is on the beach north of Bimini Sands. We walked past it looking for fireworks last year.

Yes but that just told me I maybe wrong but I did just tell them they should be able to make it back in 2.5 hours hopefully that pushes them lol. @Andy S they did find a investment property for you while cruising around over there its a little of a fixer upper but right on the beach and possible at for sale at a reasonable price. Its the last pic with the for sale banner on it.

View attachment 37320 View attachment 37321 View attachment 37322 View attachment 37323 View attachment 37324
They must be asking a lot for the shack, it's been for sale since at least 2011, each year it is getting more and more rustic.

Have any of you guys that have been a few times happen to notice what the average real estate goes for over there?

Have any of you guys that have been a few times happen to notice what the average real estate goes for over there?
The condo's at Bimini Sands are around $200k and up and houses on the south end of South Bimini are $500k and up. Here is a place on Cat Cay a very nice semi-private island about 15 miles south of Bimini, http://www.coldwellbankerbahamas.com/listing-single-family-home-in-cat-cay-13981.html , 2600 sq ft for a small $16 million.

Edit: here is a better link for property for sale on Bimini, http://www.coldwellbankerbahamas.com/bahamas-property/Bimini

Back