• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

There are two fuel docks in Bimini. One at Bimini Sands and the other at Bimini Blue Water on the North Island. Both sell gas and diesel. I do not believe either offers anything more specific than gasoline. I have fueled up at both in 2014 and 2015 and have not had any issue with the fuel.

Typically you'll get good fuel in high use areas until they get flooding/hurricane weather which can contaminate some in-ground tanks. Y'all should be fine as long as fuel is available.

What gas do they sell in Bimini, just curious. Octane rating, ethanol? Doesn't sound like anyone ever had any issues, so I'm assuming its good.
There are two fuel docks in Bimini. One at Bimini Sands and the other at Bimini Blue Water on the North Island. Both sell gas and diesel. I do not believe either offers anything more specific than gasoline. I have fueled up at both in 2014 and 2015 and have not had any issue with the fuel.
Gas is going for 4.45 today at Bimini Sands.

Both North and South Bimini only have one grade of gas that is non-ethanol. North Bimini tanks are above ground and I'm not sure about the tanks in South Bimini. I have refueled at both locations plenty of times without issue.

Today, North Bimini has gas for $4.19 per gallon and as @DieselCamel mentioned South Bimini is at $4.45, http://www.explorercharts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=53

Here is a picture of the pump at North Bimini, Blue Water, and one of the silver fuel tanks behind the pump, this was taken during the 2011 trip. They also use the same tanks to provide fuel for the land based needs.
Bimini 2011 285.jpg

What is the average gallons consumed on this trip?

So 150 x 20 boats is 3000 gallons? Holy cow! Times that by 7 lbs and that is 21,000 lbs of fuel in 6 days, lol

So 150 x 20 boats is 3000 gallons? Holy cow! Times that by 7 lbs and that is 21,000 lbs of fuel in 6 days, lol
Just think when a group of bigger boats that carry 200+ gallons of fuel refuel at Bimini, they can empty the island of fuel, which is what we experienced in 2014 upon our arrive the island had no gas for 3 days.

Any idea of the octane ratings? At least some of the skis on these trips have got to be modified, I'm wondering, it must have come up before.

We will be departing for Fort Lauderdale in approximately one month.

I have split the registrant list into those that have confirmed with condo reservations and those that have not. If you are on the registered list and plan to go please let me know so that I can assign you to a crossing group. Thanks

Confirmed:

Propless captained by @Bruce from The Sandbar, Arkansas with 2 Adults and 2 Children in Unit 11F
Crews Control captained by @ACrews from Nahunta, GA with 2 Adults and 0 Children in Unit 21M
Yes captained by @DieselCamel with first mate @veedubtek from Winston Salem, NC with 4 Adults and 0 Children in Unit in Private House
What Now What Next captained by @Andy S from Chapin, SC with 1 Adults and 0 Children in Unit 16L
YamaDog captained by @ThatJeepGuy from Brooksville, FL with 3 Adults and 0 Children in 15B
La Yankee captained by @Jr15g from Williamsburg, VA with 4 Adults and 0 Children in Unit 7E
Geraldine captained by @zedxmike from WINTER GARDEN, FL with 4 Adults and 0 Children in Unit 12B
Indian Princess captained by @shane hric from Hobart, IN with 5 Adults and 1 Children in Unit 11?
Might as Well captained by @BgTravis from Calvert City, KY with 4 Adults and 0 Children in Unit 21?
Manchild captained by @Manchild from Frisco, Tx with 4 Adults and 0 Children in Unit 15L
Miss Scarlett captained by @chris24 from Spring Hill, FL with 4 Adults and 0 Children in Unit 16B
Radiant Hope captained by @Glen from Fredericksburg, VA with 2 Adults and 3 Children in Confirmed
No Shoes, No Shirt, No Proplems! captained by @MrMoose from Lake Conroe, TX with 3 adults and 2 children in Unit 2A
Jewels captained by @Kevin Sargent from Marietta, GA with 3 Adults and 3 Children in Unit 18L
Renovatio II captained by @wadeup from Hico, TX with 4 Adulta and 0 Children in Unit 21A
Bad Buoy II captained by @robert843 from Myrtle Beach, SC with TBD Adults and 1.5 Children in Unit 7B
Wake Me Up captained by @latitudeadjuster from Lake Anna, VA with 2 Adults and 3 Children in Unit 17P
CC captained by @swatski from Des Peres, MO with 2 Adults and 3 Children in Unit 21R
@Valerie with one boat and 6 skis in Unit 15H (1 boat, 5 skis)
Belle Marie captained by @javi from Tega Cay, SC with 4 Adults and 2 Children in Unit 20F
Big Ass Boat captained by @tim h from Land O Lake with 4-6 Adults and 5-7 Children in unit 14A

Per-Diem captained by @Augusto David Rodriguez from Williamsburg, VA with 2 Adults and 2 Children
FarFrumWerkn captained by @DieselCamel from Winston-Salem, NC with 2 Adults and 0 Children
Enterprise 1 captained by @JROD from Oak Island, NC with 2 Adults and 0 Children
Thin Blue captained by @Jose galvez from Miami, FL with 6 Adults and 0 Children
Jetason captained by @justason from Roxboro, NC with 3 Adults and 1 Children
Ferrera Family captained by @Jerry Ferrera from Tampa, Fl with 2 Adults and 0 Children
Hellcat captained by @BigJay17 from Kissimmee, FL with 2 Adults and 3 Children
H captained by @Jim Hernandez from Williamsburg, VA with 4 Adults and 0 Children
Key West captained by @Pedro Rodriguez from ..... with 2 Adults and 0 Children
Puddle Jumper captained by @David Short from Martinsville, VA with 6 Adults
Yamaha 242 captained by @Gus Montoya from Maimi, Fl with 3 Adults and 1 Child
Shark Bait captained by @SFThoen from Rock Hill, SC .....
Cheese captained by @Majorsmackdown from Portland, OR with 2 Adults and 2 Children
Mako Adventures captained by @Rob Schultz from Dunedin, Fl with 2 Adults and 2 Children

Last edited:
Any idea of the octane ratings? At least some of the skis on these trips have got to be modified, I'm wondering, it must have come up before.

Plan for 87. Actually that should be plan for no fuel being available and be happy with the 87 that you receive.

If you are on this list and plan to join us for the Bimini crossing please let me know!

Per-Diem captained by @Augusto David Rodriguez from Williamsburg, VA with 2 Adults and 2 Children
FarFrumWerkn captained by @DieselCamel from Winston-Salem, NC with 2 Adults and 0 Children
Enterprise 1 captained by @JROD from Oak Island, NC with 2 Adults and 0 Children
Thin Blue captained by @Jose galvez from Miami, FL with 6 Adults and 0 Children
Jetason captained by @justason from Roxboro, NC with 3 Adults and 1 Children
Ferrera Family captained by @Jerry Ferrera from Tampa, Fl with 2 Adults and 0 Children
Hellcat captained by @BigJay17 from Kissimmee, FL with 2 Adults and 3 Children
H captained by @Jim Hernandez from Williamsburg, VA with 4 Adults and 0 Children
Key West captained by @Pedro Rodriguez from ..... with 2 Adults and 0 Children
Puddle Jumper captained by @David Short from Martinsville, VA with 6 Adults
Yamaha 242 captained by @Gus Montoya from Maimi, Fl with 3 Adults and 1 Child
Shark Bait captained by @SFThoen from Rock Hill, SC .....
Cheese captained by @Majorsmackdown from Portland, OR with 2 Adults and 2 Children
Mako Adventures captained by @Rob Schultz from Dunedin, Fl with 2 Adults and 2 Children

If in a bind and I had to use higher octane rating, I would bring fuel additive/octane boost with me. They are small usally around a quart in size and will help to keep the engine from knocking.
Yes, exactly. I tend to carry and 32oz can of Torco for that reason. But I can reflash my ECU back and forth with the Maptuner (Vtech) that I carry anywhere, which is the preferred method.

But - no interest in futzing around over there - I want to have everything ironed out before we leave. I love the Vtech tuning, it is also great for gas efficiency, but plan on going stock for the trip as I don't really want to take any unnecessary risks. Enough can happen on that trip, LOL.

@Bruce sorry for interjecting my octane rating discussion - please feel free to purge from this thread, do not want to obscure the registration/lodging info!

Again, kudos to you for brilliant organizational skill and making yourself available to help the rest of us!

Hey @swatski, 21R is the room we had on the 2013 trip. When I got back I was missing a sock. Could you look around for it while your there? :)

@wadeup, @ThatJeepGuy you guys noted that your were bringing EPIRB type devices. What type are you bringing?

Is anyone else that is crossing with the group bringing an inReach, Spot or other satellite messenger? I am trying to determine what our communication capabilities are outside of VHF range.

Back