• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

So 150 x 20 boats is 3000 gallons? Holy cow! Times that by 7 lbs and that is 21,000 lbs of fuel in 6 days, lol

Bigger picture = $16,500 collected.......ugh

Both North and South Bimini only have one grade of gas that is non-ethanol. North Bimini tanks are above ground and I'm not sure about the tanks in South Bimini. I have refueled at both locations plenty of times without issue.

Today, North Bimini has gas for $4.19 per gallon and as @DieselCamel mentioned South Bimini is at $4.45, http://www.explorercharts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=53

Here is a picture of the pump at North Bimini, Blue Water, and one of the silver fuel tanks behind the pump, this was taken during the 2011 trip. They also use the same tanks to provide fuel for the land based needs.
View attachment 37248

Sure wish my Fuel 5% rebate on chase was in June.....lol

Last edited:
If you are on this list and plan to join us for the Bimini crossing please let me know!

Per-Diem captained by @Augusto David Rodriguez from Williamsburg, VA with 2 Adults and 2 Children
FarFrumWerkn captained by @DieselCamel from Winston-Salem, NC with 2 Adults and 0 Children
Enterprise 1 captained by @JROD from Oak Island, NC with 2 Adults and 0 Children
Thin Blue captained by @Jose galvez from Miami, FL with 6 Adults and 0 Children
Jetason captained by @justason from Roxboro, NC with 3 Adults and 1 Children
Ferrera Family captained by @Jerry Ferrera from Tampa, Fl with 2 Adults and 0 Children
Hellcat captained by @BigJay17 from Kissimmee, FL with 2 Adults and 3 Children
H captained by @Jim Hernandez from Williamsburg, VA with 4 Adults and 0 Children
Key West captained by @Pedro Rodriguez from ..... with 2 Adults and 0 Children
Puddle Jumper captained by @David Short from Martinsville, VA with 6 Adults
Yamaha 242 captained by @Gus Montoya from Maimi, Fl with 3 Adults and 1 Child
Shark Bait captained by @SFThoen from Rock Hill, SC .....
Cheese captained by @Majorsmackdown from Portland, OR with 2 Adults and 2 Children
Mako Adventures captained by @Rob Schultz from Dunedin, Fl with 2 Adults and 2 Children

I know @DieselCamel @veedubtek rented a house on North Bimini but they are doing an extended stay in Bimini so they will already be there when you guys arrive. Also as you know @Andy S @JROD @1948Isaac @Ramblin Wreck and I are leaving early as well as we are going to the Exuma's first and meeting you guys in Bimini on Wednesday.

What's the number of committed; boats, adults kids? This is going to be awesome!

So far confirmed for the group crossing is 20 boats, 5 skis, 67 adults and 18 children.

@tim h's group which is arriving early and staying late is approximately 3 boats and 2 skis with as many as 14 adults and 10 children.

The Exhumas group that will join us on Wednesday is approximately 2 boats, 2 skis 6 adults and 1 child.

@BigJay17's group that will be ahead of us is 1 boat, 1 ski, 5 adults and 3 children.

So the total committed so far is 26 boats, 10 skis, 88 adults and 32 children.

Last edited:
We're crossing with Tim, crossing back with the group. Dirks boat and my 2 skis. 6 adults and 1 child total in our small group if you're trying to keep an accurate headcount.

So far confirmed for the group crossing is 18 boats, 5 skis, 63 adults and 16 children.

@tim h's group which is arriving early and staying late is 2+ boats with as many as 10 adults and 7 children.

The Exhumas group that will join us on Wednesday is approximately 2 boats, 2 skis 6 adults and 1 child.

So the total committed so far is 22 boats, 7 skis, 79 adults and 24 children.

I believe there are at least two more boats that are going but have not yet confirmed.
Sorry, I seen your post above and deleted comment....but that's cool. sorry for the extra work....lol

So far confirmed for the group crossing is 18 boats, 5 skis, 63 adults and 16 children.

@tim h's group which is arriving early and staying late is 2+ boats with as many as 10 adults and 7 children.

So the total committed so far is 22 boats, 7 skis, 79 adults and 24 children.

I believe there are at least two more boats that are going but have not yet confirmed.

With 79 adults....is there a GPM average rum that's consumed??? LOL :):):)

@Bruce My buddy @Augusto David Rodriguez is going. He is currently unavailable but I'm tracking he is in 8. I asked his wife for the specific condo and as soon I get it I will let you know.

We're crossing with Tim, crossing back with the group. Dirks boat and my 2 skis. 6 adults and 1 child total in our small group if you're trying to keep an accurate headcount.

Thanks, I updated my totals above.

Last edited:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to start organizing the groups for the crossing. Currently we have 36 boats registered for the trip. Fourteen have reported their condo booking. I know more are booked than that. If you are going please let me know your condo number or at least confirm that you have reservations. Thanks

@veedubtek, @ThatJeepGuy, @DieselCamel, @Manchild, @Glen, @justason, @Jerry Ferrera, @BigJay17, @wadeup, @latitudeadjuster, @Pedro Rodriguez, @javi, @David Short, @tim h, @Gus Montoya, @Majorsmackdown, @Rob Schultz
We are in Building 3D

I will be heading out on Fri morning.. There will be 1 jets ski crossing with me. 5 adult and 3 children.

I will be heading out on Fri morning.. There will be 1 jets ski crossing with me. 5 adult and 3 children.

Please be careful and pay attention to the weather!

Back