• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Forecast for Sunday is looking great...
I hope it holds for Monday. Unfortunately the wind is forecast to change direction and increase a little. I am eagerly awaiting tomorrows 7 day forecast!

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Oil, lower drive oil, and fuel filters changed. Yesterday. Ran like a champ today.. But better take it back out tomorrow just to be sure:D
Just got back from a 2 hour tour of Lake Tarpon here in West Florida. I feel my boat is in one hundred percent perfect running condition. It ran 54 miles per hour @ 7800 RPMs. Let's do this !!

Attachments

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope it holds for Monday. Unfortunately the wind is forecast to change direction and increase a little. I am eagerly awaiting tomorrows 7 day forecast!
Yeah I saw passage weathers first forecast for Monday and it has 3-6ft seas in your path I sure hope it is wrong. If that is the case with that Sunday forecast you maybe better off to leave Sunday afternoon if you can get everyone together on it.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I saw passage weathers first forecast for Monday and it has 3-6ft seas in your path I sure hope it is wrong. If that is the case with that Sunday forecast you maybe better off to leave Sunday afternoon if you can get everyone together on it.
The problem with going Sunday is what do we do with 90 people in Bimini that will not have condos until the next day. Small group travel certainly is easier

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This forecast that just became available is for 8:00 PM Sunday. Passage Weather's times are in UTC. It is around the time of the change in wind from WSW to ESE. I am hopeful that it will calm down as the change in wind direction establishes itself.

Attachments

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This forecast that just became available is for 8:00 PM Sunday. Passage Weather's times are in UTC. It is around the time of the change in wind from WSW to ESE. I am hopeful that it will calm down as the change in wind direction establishes itself.
I'm pretty sure that is 4am Monday morning isn't UTC time 4 hours ahead of us?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At 00:00 UTC it is 20:00 hours the day before in EST.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At 00:00 UTC it is 20:00 hours the day before in EST.
Lol I have been reading that wrong for years then. I always thought my computer was converting est when I would check but instead it was showing utc time.

solarman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey @solarman I am crossing on Friday morning. I have been been busy at work sorry for being MIA from everything. Is long is the weather is looking good I will go. I know @2nazt had inbox me about him going on a ski and crossing on Friday too.
Hey @BigJay17 we are trying for Thursday morning pending weather, If that changes I'll let you know. For now we are Bimini Bound, we just got back from a 100 mile test run out of Galveston Bay with all 8 on board, everything went well and we got into some 2-3 footers off shore, the bay was the calmest I have ever seen it, hope the ride to Bimini will be the same for all of us.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well we had so much fun last time I figured why not again. These guys are leaving tomorrow morning and heading over to Treasure Cay in the Abacos. The will stop in West End in Grand Bahamas then make their way around to Treasure Cay over on the Abacos. They have four skis and a boat going 3 Yamaha FX's, Kawasaki Ultra 310R and a 22 foot Blazer Bay boat. I think their a little crazy taking the Blazer Bay as those are flats boats with 13 degrees of dead rise but to each their own heck I guess people say we are crazy for taking our boats. Below is the link to follow them they are leaving in the morning and returning Friday the 17th.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0fuHWmLLmxFvlt238SBQHAaxMKQ3MKD8t
For anyone who saw these guys cross yesterday they made good time below is a short version of their crossing story. I was going to build a rack but I think I will pass now.

It took 2 hours from West Palm Beach to West End for customs and fuel

Day got more complicated after that.

We all made it safely though, but it took over 10 hours

Tim's ski has a hole in the deck where his rack broke through
Another ski has his rack break, so he dumped it.
4+ foot swells at one point

Long hard days ride for everyone. Even the two on the boat were burnt and beat up.

Its beautiful here though and we have a whole week to enjoy it.

Our original plan was to return on Saturday. That may change.

Still up in the air.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@veedubtek make you get your starboard
For anyone who saw these guys cross yesterday they made good time below is a short version of their crossing story. I was going to build a rack but I think I will pass now.

It took 2 hours from West Palm Beach to West End for customs and fuel

Day got more complicated after that.

We all made it safely though, but it took over 10 hours

Tim's ski has a hole in the deck where his rack broke through
Another ski has his rack break, so he dumped it.
4+ foot swells at one point

Long hard days ride for everyone. Even the two on the boat were burnt and beat up.

Its beautiful here though and we have a whole week to enjoy it.

Our original plan was to return on Saturday. That may change.

Still up in the air.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
^ exactly what I was afraid of and why I was ordering it. That hull flexed alot when I tightened the rack down, I didn't figure it would hold up in rough conditions.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My girl is still in shop for GPS problems that arose on Charleston trip. Apparently an internal short in wiring harness from Garmin. Should be shipped soon, but at least it won't keep me from making the trip.
Do you have a back up GPS ?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
^ exactly what I was afraid of and why I was ordering it. That hull flexed alot when I tightened the rack down, I didn't figure it would hold up in rough conditions.
It was a nano excell hull as well they are actually blaming it on that I guess its thinner or something.

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I cleaned all the channels around the gas tank and ski locker of all dirt, debris and leaves . If I take any water over the bow I want to make sure it has a clear pathway out ..20160612_220216.jpg

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It was a nano excell hull as well they are actually blaming it on that I guess its thinner or something.
I'm a bit concerned about the integrity of these nano hulls after reading @JetBoatPilot issues and now this. I hope the 10 gallons I'll have strapped on doesn't cause an issue.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the navionics app in my iphone and originally planned to use just that. Its great but the concerns of flooding the phone caught up to me. There are $100 and $150 rebates on dragonfly chartplotters. I don't know enough about them to recommend or not but the swivel ball mount is nice to adjust and it came with navionics+. I got the 7 pro. Decent resolution screen and it nicely blocks my analogue tachs. I didn't like how big the cable plug was but such is life.

Attachments