• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jetboaters.net Fantasy football??

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ScarabMike looks like this is gaining some traction. Let us know when you decide what platform we are going to be playing on. Are you thinking 10 or 12 teams?
Lets get 12. That will make it fun, but it might b long time to draft. Once we have our teams, we can go over playoff scenarios, and amounts of players and such.
@ScarabMike Not sure if you have a preference or if anyone else does but I would prefer Yahoo, only because I have my current league there. But I am totally open. I have used ESPN in the past as well.
I think I used Yahoo, and NFL before. Let me check out whats more user friendly.

Lextacy03

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also think we should be able to have trade/waivers. It will keep more players available and help people that get caught during bye weeks not having enough players, or if a player gets hurt.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a couple weeks to work out how we want to run it. What do you guys think?

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you all mind if a chick gets in on this? I've never done it before, but it sounds like fun and will keep me interested during the season...especially since we don't have a team to watch here in So. Cal. ;)

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Do you all mind if a chick gets in on this? I've never done it before, but it sounds like fun and will keep me interested during the season...especially since we don't have a team to watch here in So. Cal. ;)
I have no problem getting my ass handed to me by a "chick" LOL!!! I can lose to you just the same as anyone else:cool:

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a couple weeks to work out how we want to run it. What do you guys think?
It looks like we have 8 now with @Julian as a maybe @ScarabMike If you want to get to 12 then maybe we should have trade/waiver/FA. It gets awfully thin in talent once you go above 10 teams so having those options helps fill the rosters. Of course it depends on the size of the teams as well. With 8-9 teams there is still a good amount of talent but not sure who else wants in.

What's your preference in team structure? I prefer having a Flex player either for RB/WR or RB/WR/TE. Especially with a larger league.

Refreshed list...
1. @ScarabMike
2. @GiddYupJoe
3. @__ScottyDont
4. @Jim Robeson
5. @JC6275
6. @96Pirate
7. @Lextacy03
8. @Suchawittygal
9. @Julian (Maybe)

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ScarabMike ... you might also consider getting the league set up on whatever site you want, Yahoo...ESPN...NFL, so that we can get ourselves signed up and start looking at players...stuff like that. @96Pirate ... I like the idea of flex players too. Maybe have QB, RB,RB, WR, WR, TE, K, D then Flex RB/WR. I usually don't carry two TE but would be open to it. I also like the idea of a high scoring league but if you want to keep it simple then a standard scoring system is okay for me too.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ill work on that when I get home. I think the NFL.com one will be the best from what I have read on several sites. Lets hopefully plan on having everything ready tonight, and have the draft on Sunday in two weeks? I think that will give the teams time to cut players and such. What do you guys think?
@ScarabMike ... you might also consider getting the league set up on whatever site you want, Yahoo...ESPN...NFL, so that we can get ourselves signed up and start looking at players...stuff like that. @96Pirate ... I like the idea of flex players too. Maybe have QB, RB,RB, WR, WR, TE, K, D then Flex RB/WR. I usually don't carry two TE but would be open to it. I also like the idea of a high scoring league but if you want to keep it simple then a standard scoring system is okay for me too.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ScarabMike ...that may not work to well for me, that is Labor day weekend and I will be at the lake for last fling. But, if that works for everyone else then so be it and I will try and prepick as much as I can and let the computer do the rest. I like the NFL site, been on the free stuff there for some time. Pretty easy to navigate and I like the way the waivers work there too.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can get a poll going tonight for the date if you guys want? We can do it during the week as well. I'm good whenever.

@ScarabMike ...that may not work to well for me, that is Labor day weekend and I will be at the lake for last fling. But, if that works for everyone else then so be it and I will try and prepick as much as I can and let the computer do the rest. I like the NFL site, been on the free stuff there for some time. Pretty easy to navigate and I like the way the waivers work there too.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I was thinking the same.. labor day weekend not the best... But I will deal with whatever is needed.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jim Robeson We started adding TE as a flex option in my other league a couple of years ago. It started when NE had the tandem TE's in Gronk and "The Killer". There are more TE's now being used as WR.

I like your format above and depending on the # of teams, another WR can even be added. What do you think about that and like 6 bench players?

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was thinking the same.. labor day weekend not the best... But I will deal with whatever is needed.
x3...I will be camping Labor Day weekend. During the week works for me other than 8/28.

Also, we have people spread out across the country so need to consider time as well. I am east coast and am fine doing later at night

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Haha! Awesome! Looking forward to it guys!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I work nights, but I should be able to do it from my phone, so whenever is good for me

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Jim Robeson We started adding TE as a flex option in my other league a couple of years ago. It started when NE had the tandem TE's in Gronk and "The Killer". There are more TE's now being used as WR.

I like your format above and depending on the # of teams, another WR can even be added. What do you think about that and like 6 bench players?
You're right about the TE position these days...hell, Jimmy Graham was listed as TE the first year on Yahoo and I won the championship having him in that position. I also like the 3rd WE as well. So if we were to us the format of QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/K/D/FLEX plus 6 bench players then that would be 15 rounds. And we put ourselves on a clock...say 2 minutes per selection...times 12 teams...you're looking at about 6 hours to draft. Knock that down to a 1 minute selection time then that's 3 hours. Now, those numbers are if everyone took their allotted time. If you pre-pick or select yourself it could go much faster than that. I've done some mock drafts on Yahoo and they use a 90 second clock and it moves along a pretty fast pace. Also, I guess we would also need to know what order we would be in...anyone have a good way to do that??

I'm on CST so I can go most anytime.

Lextacy03

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will go with any date. My date is expecting due date on 08/30/14, so I will be around.