• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoatPilot Lateral Thruster / Thrust Vector Group Buy 2018

@Chester - though I do not have first hand experience I can tell you that the two different items, though beneficial at slow speeds, serve completely different purposes.

TV - are more for tracking purposes. Assisting in that constant "bow wag" that our boats have at slow speeds.
LT - are for when you're at the dock and the wind/current is trying its best to scratch your beautiful new vessel.

Both items are essential for their own individual, yet mutually beneficial purposes.

I have driven jets, inboards, I/O and outboards all my life and the only reason I put both on was so my wife could learn how to drive and do it with confidence.

The LT's are really worth it, my wife is able to drop me off at any dock no matter how strong the currents or wind are, no matter how many boats are around and she is in complete control of the boat.

She receives so many compliments at the docks for being able to do what most people can't!

VERY PROUD HUSBAND!

I’ll be in for LT... I haven’t emailed yet..

6FE4CA99-8892-4F26-B153-EA75274CB03E.jpeg Want to be sure... will I need to upgrade my TV’s in order to get the LT’s? These are XL’s.

View attachment 80908 Want to be sure... will I need to upgrade my TV’s in order to get the LT’s? These are XL’s.

you do not have to upgrade but you will need to trim away some material to allow the parts to move freely. If you decide to upgrade there are some additional benefits for adding the new system including larger fans with greater surface area for more control and an upgraded crossmember which features a spray guard which makes for a dryer ride for passengers inside the boat as well as tubers.

is the lateral thruster only for Yamaha jetboats? I have a Scarab with the Rotax engines.

I'm definitely ordering the Thrust Vectors though! I'm in for that!

Last edited:
I think the SeaDoo/Rotax reverse accomplishes a similar thing, by shooting water in reverse the opposite direction of the nozzle. I'm pretty sure that as designed today, the Lateral Thruster Enhacement won't fit your boat.

I think the SeaDoo/Rotax reverse accomplishes a similar thing, by shooting water in reverse the opposite direction of the nozzle. I'm pretty sure that as designed today, the Lateral Thruster Enhacement won't fit your boat.

That is what I thought when I looked at it. Thank you!

is the lateral thruster only for Yamaha jetboats? I have a Scarab with the Rotax engines.

I think it's just for Yamaha. Your boat (should) already have decent reverse control. The Yamaha's stock design is truly inferior.

Yeah your boat basically already has a sort of lateral thuster. There's a good youtube video on it. You can get TVs tho.

Last edited:
Called and paid for my TV's. Can't wait to get them on!

I'll order tonight. (LT's) to add to my Cobra setup.
That's what I'm debating, in my head!
Are you going to pull a "@ttzz" - by adding one Fang per side? He reported vastly improved stability with that setup (vs no fangs at all). My boat tracks so good right now, and I'm most definitely keeping the (Cobra) fins, as much as I love mods and experimenting I'm really on the fence with this one...
When we surf, moving the stern sideways to position the boat next to the surfer (exactly where he needs to be... lol - not to be obliterated by the jets) - is the main driver of my interest I think.

If this comes close to the threshold I may be in for a pair of LTs. You know, just to be a team player. (Definitely a safety mod, too, lol, right?)

--

Last edited:
If this comes close to the threshold I may be in for a pair of LTs. You know, just to be team player. (Definitely a safety mod, too, lol, right?)

--

If you trust what everyone in this thread has said in the last page or so, it should be right about 35 as of now, including mine, which I just emailed.

That's what I'm debating, in my head!
Are you going to pull a "@ttzz" - by adding one Fang per side? He reported vastly improved stability with that setup (vs no fangs at all). My boat tracks so good right now, and I'm most definitely keeping the (Cobra) fins, as much as I love mods and experimenting I'm really on the fence with this one...
When we surf, moving the stern sideways to position the boat next to the surfer (exactly where he needs to be... - not to be obliterated by the jets) - is the main driver of my interest I think.

If this comes close to the threshold I may be in for a pair of LTs. You know, just to be team player. (Definitely a safety mod! right??)

--

I was on the fence with this decision also. I didn't know if I wanted the cobra ultimate and lateral thrusters or just the vipers to replace my TVs. I was thinking the lateral thusters would also be great for positioning the boat better for surfing.

I shoulda waited a month.

I was on the fence with this decision also. I didn't know if I wanted the cobra ultimate and lateral thrusters or just the vipers to replace my TVs. I was thinking the lateral thusters would also be great for positioning the boat better for surfing.
With a single engine fins down at speed would be my number one priority, not so much for surfing but for everything else, IMO (I used to have a 190 and did a lot of watersports behind it). Fortunately, not mutually exclusive with LTs.

--

I'm thinking Ultimates + LT is the best option for our boats.

I'm thinking Ultimates + LT is the best option for our boats.

Maybe your right. I decided on the vipers due to cost. I was already in for $219 for the TVs which I bought at the dealership because they recommended them. I've never piloted the boat without fins. So for only $160 I think the vipers at this point is my best option cost wise.

Back