• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Lateral Thruster / Thrust Vector Group Buy 2018

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
And the motive for those attacks revealed
I just don't care for the drama is all. I just care about what percentages we hit at the end of the month. Hopefully we hit the 35 units.
I only care that people do their homework and research before choosing any product from any one for any purpose

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
By the way I just offered pertinent information others chose to make it a free for all and I guess warranty issues that were brought up by others opened that door read the federal laws . I have nothing to do with any sales that are based on numbers I could do a 35 percent guaranteed based on any number if I decide to maybe I will do that next month if I can get the inventory up to where it needs to be so who would be in for that?

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just don't care for the drama is all. I just care about what percentages we hit at the end of the month. Hopefully we hit the 35 units.
Maybe you shouldn't read the thread so closely until the end of the month then. I know it's redundant for you but for somebody who just got their ヤマハ boat four weeks ago and never even heard of these two products lines before then all information is very helpful. I wasn't planning on looking into this stuff until after this season. But I now I need to due to this sale. (Which I agree is a nice opportunity.)

I also disagree that the Cobra guy is being disrespectful. Yes he clearly believes his product is better but he's not disparaging the other guy. If you can't stand his posts for some reason the forum has an ignore feature just for that purpose.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Maybe you shouldn't read the thread so closely until the end of the month then. I know it's redundant for you but for somebody who just got their ヤマハ boat four weeks ago and never even heard of these two products lines before then all information is very helpful. I wasn't planning on looking into this stuff until after this season. Buy I now I need to due to this sale. (Which I agree is a nice opportunity.)

I also disagree that the Cobra guy is being disrespectful. Yes he clearly believes his product is better but he's not disparaging the other guy. If you can't stand his posts for some reason the forum has an ignore feature just for that purpose.
You're new here. That's cute.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The very reason I do not offer this type of a sale is I think it's a prostitute your customer sale Get them to talk others into it so you get a better price just my opinion on this but I avoid them. I always offer first responders discounts I also offer military discounts. I even offered discounts for members of this web site once upon a time. Maybe some day I will do it again.
I have also done members only sales in the past . As well as discounts for people trying out new products. My motto is do your homework and buy your last steering system first. and that isn't going to change. I am amazed that people keep being told the lifetime warranty will be voided if you co mingle the parts , no solid reason and where is this written warranty because if it is not complying with the law it does not exist. Sounds like it's the old finger in your back trick telling you to hand over your wallet. Hell if I sell you something I want it to be because you really want it and need it. I know some of you people have seen me talk people out of spending their money on an upgrade that I did not believe they really needed even though it was one of my products.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Group buys are not evil. They're not prostitutes lol. Nobody is outside your door trying to twist your arm into buying a product. For example SeaDek speaks for itself and it sells itself for a reason (people hate dealing with carpet, looks and feels nicer, etc). Just because someone offers a once a year group discount that doesn't mean the people buying them are whores. That just means those people might be more willing to wait for a sale than pay full price. What's the harm in that? Why are we even having this conversation about whether a group buy is deemed ok in your opinion or not? Belongs in OT IMO.

Last edited:

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I agree, group buys are a good thing. It gives everyone an opportunity to save a few $’s on a product they choose to buy. Hate to see this tread turning into something other than what it was meant to be.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree, group buys are a good thing. It gives everyone an opportunity to save a few $’s on a product they choose to buy. Hate to see this tread turning into something other than what it was meant to be.
I agree but it is predictable that the thread will take a downward turn. It always seems to.

motoman006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Administrative

Can we get this thread cleaned up
Way way way off topic

I mean come on guys make another thread for this sh!t

Group buys are great no reason for this non sense in this thread

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The very reason I do not offer this type of a sale is I think it's a prostitute your customer sale Get them to talk others into it so you get a better price just my opinion on this but I avoid them. I always offer first responders discounts I also offer military discounts. I even offered discounts for members of this web site once upon a time. Maybe some day I will do it again.
I have also done members only sales in the past . As well as discounts for people trying out new products. My motto is do your homework and buy your last steering system first. and that isn't going to change. I am amazed that people keep being told the lifetime warranty will be voided if you co mingle the parts , no solid reason and where is this written warranty because if it is not complying with the law it does not exist. Sounds like it's the old finger in your back trick telling you to hand over your wallet. Hell if I sell you something I want it to be because you really want it and need it. I know some of you people have seen me talk people out of spending their money on an upgrade that I did not believe they really needed even though it was one of my products.
Are you in for a unit or not?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Jeff was simply responding the compatibility question. Now that has been clarified please return this thread back on topic. @Administrative doesn't split out discussions or delete posts, but if we can't get back on topic we will start moving non-on topic responses to a different thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.

falco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am in (placed order on the 1st)

JBP, can you please share how many orders you got so far for the group buy?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

We just checked the numbers and it appears that we're at 21 sets of Lateral Thrusters and 9 sets of Thrust Vectors. We still have three weeks to go before the end of the sale and if all the members who have committed to buy complete their orders we'll likely max out the Lateral Thruster side of this sale next week.

Go Go Go!!

@Julian can we get a banner going on the home page? Thanks in advance!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fantastic News!!! Come on LTEs!!! Keep them coming!!!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The very reason I do not offer this type of a sale is I think it's a prostitute your customer sale
And what exactly is this trick? The send the pimp over to try and intimidate others into checking out the gals on the next corner shtick?

I am amazed that people keep being told the lifetime warranty will be voided if you co mingle the parts , no solid reason and where is this written warranty because if it is not complying with the law it does not exist. Sounds like it's the old finger in your back trick telling you to hand over your wallet
Are you serious with this?

--

I'll happily take my dislikes from the CobraJet Camp, but this kind of conduct has absolutely no business on this forum. Both steering systems have their pros and cons, and I'm sure most will be happy with whichever one they decide to splurge on. Reasonable discussion and exchanges are warranted, but suggesting that the 'other guy' is a liar and a thief is beyond petty.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll happily take my dislikes from the CobraJet Camp, but this kind of conduct has absolutely no business on this forum. Both steering systems have their pros and cons, and I'm sure most will be happy with whichever one they decide to splurge on. Reasonable discussion and exchanges are warranted, but suggesting that the 'other guy' is a liar and a thief is beyond petty.
I agree, this unfortunate rhetoric is not helpful.

The way that JBP formulates his statements regarding warranties (As in the Originating Post here) seems reasonable enough. There was some confusion and legitimate questioning of those LTs' warranty policies early on when the JBP first offered the LTs and proclaimed something a bit different:
It makes our jobs much easier to make a clear statement up front that we will not warranty any Lateral Thruster that has been installed on a boat with another fin system and we will not be held liable in the event of a failure to that boat's jet pump system.
I'm assuming this has been superseded by the current Group Buy offering that clarifies the warranty issues somewhat, for example if an owner runs with Cobra fins and adds LTs those would be warranted by JBP for manufacturing defects etc.

Expecting any vendor selling jet pump fin/add ons to warranty parts against impact would be just silly. It'd be akin to an outboard manufacturer warrantying a skeg.

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Quote from @ swatski Expecting any vendor selling jet pump fin/add ons to warranty parts against impact would be just silly. It'd be akin to an outboard manufacturer warrantying a skeg.

Swat just for the record allow me to remind you that my 49 dollar repair or replace warranty does cover injury to parts even if impacting a rock or god forbid being struck by a car on the trailer while stopped at a traffic light. Any damage to any of my steering units not done intentionally for as long as I make the parts So discontinued parts would not be covered so this would also apply to people mixing my parts with someone else's parts regardless of who's fault it my be.

Here is an example https://jetboaters.net/threads/cobra-jet-viper.13241/#post-235226 If I recall correctly that repair cost about 29 dollars + shipping . The point being that warranty is posted on my web page for any person who may be considering buying that part as is required by law.

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

We just checked the numbers and it appears that we're at 21 sets of Lateral Thrusters and 9 sets of Thrust Vectors. We still have three weeks to go before the end of the sale and if all the members who have committed to buy complete their orders we'll likely max out the Lateral Thruster side of this sale next week.

Go Go Go!!

@Julian can we get a banner going on the home page? Thanks in advance!
How do we sign up? Where’s the group buy purchase page? For two lateral thrusters.