• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Lateral Thruster / Thrust Vector Group Buy 2018

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ah, gotcha. Well, this thread says you can have both. :)

https://jetboaters.net/threads/cobra-vm-ak-lateral-thrusters-ready-to-go.17781/

but, I know JBP says that it will void the warranty to use them with another fin product.

Beyond that, not sure I can help. I had Thrust Vectors and switched to Cobra Fins w/ the smaller Fangs and prefer that setup, currently over the Thrust Vectors. I haven't tried the Lateral Thrusters, but I know some guys first hand that love them.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yup looks the the ultimate will work with the LT.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
but, I know JBP says that it will void the warranty to use them with another fin product.
I don't think they said that. They said they won't guarantee compatibility with other systems which is fair.
Why should they have to test their systems against anything other than stock boats?
If their part fails -- which seems highly unlikely given that there are no moving parts on it -- I'd be surprised if they didn't honor their lifetime "materials and workmanship" warranty.
But, really, the failure of this part would probably be the least of my worries.

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think they said that. They said they won't guarantee compatibility with other systems which is fair.
Why should they have to test their systems against anything other than stock boats?
If their part fails -- which seems highly unlikely given that there are no moving parts on it -- I'd be surprised if they didn't honor their lifetime "materials and workmanship" warranty.
But, really, the failure of this part would probably be the least of my worries.
“Lateral Thrusters are incompatible with other steering systems. If a customer chooses to combine Lateral Thrusters with another aftermarket steering system, and, if there is ever a warranty claim, we may not be able to honor our lifetime Lateral Thruster warranty.”

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I make them compatible with the magnum A K systems and the new ultimate A K systems I also offer alternate side force stabilizers for people with older steering if they want them. Some People are using them together plenty of posts on that here also however my VIPERS are not made to be compatible so if you tried to install them together that could be an issue.
INTERESTINGLY I have been notified of and posted some on my face book page a recent post on the Yamaha jetboaters Facebook page referencing broken nozzles from bolts falling out of the lateral thrusters this was sent to me as I do not go on that page however I do recall making a post about being careful with those bolts on 3 27 2018 in this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/jbp-lateral-thruster-mod-feedback-plz.16243/page-2#post-290422 I also referenced the comment I made in that post on my face book post.
I found it very interesting

https://www.facebook.com/257584527645178/photos/ms.c.eJwtysENwDAMAsCNKgJ2MPsvVjXN93RcWUzteMPlfnigh0UXmAumitbMHBDU~;QF7Xwg2osj8YQ2IaMp3VLER9bRekrwX7Q~-~-.bps.a.2191294630940815.1073741852.257584527645178/2191295824274029/?type=3&theater

Last edited:

DSCLLC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
LT order placed...

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
“Lateral Thrusters are incompatible with other steering systems. If a customer chooses to combine Lateral Thrusters with another aftermarket steering system, and, if there is ever a warranty claim, we may not be able to honor our lifetime Lateral Thruster warranty.”
That’s not what their web site says. In any case, like I said, this possibility is the least of my concerns when making a decision to combine systems or not.

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s not what their web site says. In any case, like I said, this possibility is the least of my concerns when making a decision to combine systems or not.
Agree. I'm interested in the LTs but haven't pulled the trigger yet. FYI, that quote regarding the warranty is directly from Will on the first post of this thread.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Has anyone ever seen a written copy of this limited lifetime warranty we keep hearing about? Federal law has requirements about making the warranty available in writing to people for obvious reasons , when I checked I could never find it just the other warranty also on several occasions and once more https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act I have posted links to the federal warranty laws it is very interesting even the implied warranty section. My repair or replace warranty is posted on my web page as well as my 30 day money back guarantee requirements .https://cobrajetsteering.com/customer-service/ in any case it is fairly obvious that from people on this board most of my systems are compatible or can easily be made compatible if you desire. I do this for convenience of the customer even though I also make the mega fang plus system that is compatible with my steering and costs a lot less.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Smh.. . Every.... Flipping... Time!
Aside from some people not wanting information to be posted, Every card game has rules and every player should have those available to them after that it's their hand they can play it the way they see fit.

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I feel like we should respect Will and only have group buy conversations in the thread.

He is nice enough to offer a huge discount on parts and don't think CJS discussions are suited here.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I feel like we should respect Will and only have group buy conversations in the thread.

He is nice enough to offer a huge discount on parts and don't think CJS discussions are suited here.
These are not paid advertisements, it's a free discussion forum.
Parts and warranties - support/compatibility - between always new/changing JBP and Cobra parts can be one of the key factors in a purchase.
Nothing to do with respect, I still want the information. Please don't tell me what I can or can not ask here.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So if you create a for sale thread for your boat and someone comes in it to sale pitch their own boat you wouldn't find that disrespectful? I know I would but maybe I'm just weird like that.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So if you create a for sale thread for your boat and someone comes in it to sale pitch their own boat you wouldn't find that disrespectful? I know I would but maybe I'm just weird like that.
I would like those threads to be clean, informative, and pleasant - just as much as anyone else here.

"Informative" being the key word for me, I find questions regarding compatibility and warranties to be fair game in a thread pitching a sale.

EDIT: and for full disclosure, lol - I have Cobra AKs w/Mega Fangs (I think), consider switching to Ultimates with Mega Plus (?) AND/OR LTs.
Not exactly easy for me to figure out what I want.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So everyone's for sale thread is fair game then? Got it!

I'm just playing a bit of devils advocate here. I have no vested interest in either. I'm just tired of seeing this shit. It would be one thing if it's only informative posts but it quickly dissolves into sprinkles of my shit is better or don't stink mentality and I just grow tired of it. It's never purely information and always a motive behind it all. Anyone can see this.

I just want to come on here and be a part of the freakin group buy without drama.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So everyone's for sale thread is fair game then? Got it!

I'm just playing a bit of devils advocate here. I have no vested interest in either. I'm just tired of seeing this shit. It would be one thing if it's only informative posts but it quickly dissolves into sprinkles in my shit is better or don't stink mentality and I just grow tired of it. It's never purely information and alway a motive behind it all. Anyone can see this.

I just want to come on here and be a part of the freakin group buy....
If asking for information/clarifications about the product advertised for sale - than absolutely - yes (if you ask me).

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just don't care for the drama is all. I just care about what percentages we hit at the end of the month. Hopefully we hit the 35 units.

Last edited: