• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Mildew Removal Head To Head Comparison

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

This morning I went to our local West Marine store and bought up basically every marine vinyl cleaner and mildew remover on the shelf. I had a boat that came in with severe mildew issues and wanted to see which cleaner worked best if any at all. I think you'll be benefited from the results of this test!

Thanks for watching and by the way, we really don't sell these products with the exception of two of them that did not work well on this particular experiment. We really just wanted to provide you with good info that you could use if you have mildew issues.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The similarity in the bottles between the Starbrite and the West Marine branded cleaners makes me wonder if they are the same product. Maybe West Marine contracted StarBrite to make a branded product for them? @JetBoatPilot

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice to see a
Real test! Thanks!

Still love my Babe's Seat Soap, figure if I keep using it like I do I'll never have to try and use it for mildew:)

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
For a fraction of the cost of a "marine" product you can buy Tilex mold & mildew remover. I wonder how Tilex would compare with the West Marine product?

Ghinson95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for posting this. New boat owner here, so real world tests like this will hopefully help me save some much needed pennies!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's another picture after doing the entire port side bow seating area. This customer is going to be very happy!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Beautiful job, @JetBoatPilot ! You and/or your crew put some sweat into that!

Hmmm... may have to pick up some of that Star Brite Mildew stuff...

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep, but at least in the new building we have shade and fans to keep cool.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad I will never have to use these products. What kind of pig let's his boat get so disgusting????

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Actually I know the guy that owns the boat, he's actually a buddy of mine. He takes good care of his stuff mechanically but I think the boat sits a lot with the cover on and he does not use DampRid. I may suggest that to him when he picks it up.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Looks great Will, I bet that took a good bit of elbow grease. Nice work!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
5.5 hours! But fortunately I have a team of guys now that I can delegate this sort of thing to!!

dbrock34

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used the product listed below on our bimini this past spring due to mold. It worked great. Mix with water and spray onto the surface. I went over it lightly with a brush because the mold was pretty bad but it may have been unnecessary. It says there is no need to rinse off afterwards but I did after a few hours because it left a slight chalky residue when it dried. I'm sure it would work great on seats too. I think it was around $9 at Menards.

http://www.concrobium.com/products/mold-stain-eraser/

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've tried most of those product and come back to the StarBrite every time. Used it with my 05 SX230 and just sold it and they thought I had replaced the vinyl
The stuff works! I like their boat wash also..

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I second or third the starbrite, I used it on my old Seadoo speedster seats and it works fast and removes all the mildew.