• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Perfect Pass Group Buy

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Damn...that iPhone should be in a floating case. Holding a speed where you are coming up on then falling off plane sucks enough but doing it with that thing yelling at you would be too much.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yeah, it's my old iPhone 4s, so I don't care about it too much. The iPhone was actually better than the stock speeds because at least it was speed accurate unlike the speedo at 11mph. I think you only had to tap anywhere on the screen to silence it.

Perfect Pass will be a slight improvement over this me thinks.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, it's my old iPhone 4s, so I don't care about it too much. The iPhone was actually better than the stock speeds because at least it was speed accurate unlike the speedo at 11mph. I think you only had to tap anywhere on the screen to silence it.

Perfect Pass will be a slight improvement over this me thinks.
Will the GPS still work if the phone doesn't have cell service connected to it? It doesnt require any kind of data to receive its location to sense the speed? What app are you using? I have an old iPhone 4 that I am going to load all my boat music on so it would be perfect for this as well....

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes, GPS works perfectly as long as you don't need maps which require data. I could have tethered it to my iPhone 5S for data, but then at that point I'd just use my 5S which I preferred to keep in the role of music player but that just personal preference. The app is called Speedometer Free by Stanislav Dvoychenko.

OK, enough OT for the Perfect Pass thread. If anyone wants more info, I'll PM them.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will the GPS still work if the phone doesn't have cell service connected to it? It doesnt require any kind of data to receive its location to sense the speed? What app are you using? I have an old iPhone 4 that I am going to load all my boat music on so it would be perfect for this as well....
iPhone 3G and newer have GPS chips. You can use Navionics with predownloaded maps to navigate with them.

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@bobbie
@soggyshoes my boat is still at river city boats getting the ballast project installed; was thinking of letting them do all the dirty work. you really going to attempt it??
Yes, I think I am going to give it a try. We will see if I hold to that after seeing exactly what is involved. I wont be able to put my boat in the water for at least another month. What do you think River City would charge? I need to take my boat in to them for some maintenance anyway.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure about down there in the states, but my dealer quoted me 3-4 hours of labor at a shop rate of 130/hr. So for that I'll give it a try myself first lol

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@soggyshoes I would just find out what your shops labor rate is and figure 5 hours to be safe. It won't be cheap!! From what I read, it's not a bad install....just takes time. I don't know about the rest of you, but spending lots of time with my boat once this white stuff melts will be JUST fine with me :) The more I think about it, I am not sure using the GoPro would work to document the install. Maybe I will just take some pics and notes in the hopes it will help someone. Then again, my boat is single engine so it will only help you with ONE engine ;)

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Throttle drop...
I think I may have this issue...especially on my left engine. I looked at the fix, but it seems a bit involved. Or maybe my cables are just a bit loose.
Anyway, with the PP install I plan to tackle it.
Wondering if I do have the throttle drop issue if PP will work through it somehow or if it will screw with PP. I am thinking PP will overcome the issue altogether...

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wondering if I do have the throttle drop issue if PP will work through it
Using PP you set your throttle higher than PP needs and PP works within that range. So PP should not have an issue with a slightly loose throttle.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@bobbie

Yes, I think I am going to give it a try. We will see if I hold to that after seeing exactly what is involved. I wont be able to put my boat in the water for at least another month. What do you think River City would charge? I need to take my boat in to them for some maintenance anyway.
@soggyshoes ,

I think we're gonna be at around 4 hours labor for install so roughly $500.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone know if these have shipped yet?

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Normally I'd be chomping at the bit too, but it's below zero again and it's friggin MARCH!!:wtf::mad:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The payment went out yesterday to Canada. Once PP gets the check they will fill orders. Sorry for the delay but we had a couple of guys pay with a check and that had to clear before we were able to pay PP in whole.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am ready to get this in the mail!!! Boats all ready, and a party planned!!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They are built after the order and then have to ship from Canada.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
O..... :(