• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Perfect Pass Group Buy

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Scott this looks to be a walk in the park. :thumbsup:
Good to hear. I look through their online documentation and didn't think K it looked too bad but I also keep reading that you should expect to spend 4 hours on it. Wasn't sure what to expect after that.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
my install was super easy....drove five miles down the road to river city boats....drop perfect pass off.....drive home! @jcyamaharider

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I need to learn how to install one of these. Drop the boat by our shop in Panama City and we'll experiment with yours @jawsf16

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I need to learn how to install one of these. Drop the boat by our shop in Panama City and we'll experiment with yours @jawsf16
If I was closer to you I would take you up on that offer!!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yippee!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Got to love vacationing at the same time the boat gets some upgrades!! Thanks @Ziess21

River city boats is da bomb!

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I am starting a Perfect Pass thread that we can use to collect our installation and operational experiences in. I'm about 1/3 of the way into installing mine.

Please, join in the discussion: The Perfect Pass Thread

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You have no idea how bad I want to. But I probably shouldn't have bought the Perfect Pass in the first place as I had to use the credit card and my wife is still pissed about that. I just asked again and was reminded that the deal for me getting it was that I could install it. :( She also reminded me that she couldn't go to a weekend getaway with friends because of money so I'm definitely on my own for installing it. :meh:

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mine is being installed by River Valley, pre-delivery...I am so looking forward to April 4th!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am installing on Saturday. Shouldn't be a big deal to install... just tweaking it to perfection may be challenging.

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jawsf16 I would love any help you could offer after you did yours. Any notes or pictures would greatly be appreciated!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jawsf16 I would love any help you could offer after you did yours. Any notes or pictures would greatly be appreciated!
I will try to snap some pics and advertise my mistakes! Hopefully save somebody some pain...

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I installed mine today... be SUPER CAREFUL when moving your potentiometer. I was lucky that the only thing I punctured was my fresh water line going to the shower. My port engine install was not easier than my stbd engine install ... because after puncturing the fresh water line I was REALLY freaked out about the fuel line. It's almost as though everywhere that is convenient to install the damn thing there is something in the way!

Anyway... a couple things worth mentioning. I actually don't like the idea of putting the GPS receiver under the windshield in the 242, it really doesn't seem like there is much space, so I put it up next to the old GPS. Since I didn't want to disturb the potential to roll back, I took the old GPS apart and made some holes in it to route the cable through and then (will do this tomorrow most likely) sealed it back up.

Then the install itself was fine, because I have ballast installed it was a bit of a PITA to work around those cables, but I think the end product turned out alright:

STBD engine:

PORT Engine:

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I took the old GPS apart and made some holes in it to route the cable through
I was going to try to mount the new receiver inside the existing puck for the old GPS speedo. After taking yours apart do you think that's doable? I haven't gotten into mine yet.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was going to try to mount the new receiver inside the existing puck for the old GPS speedo. After taking yours apart do you think that's doable? I haven't gotten into mine yet.
Yes it's possible. I am not sure what impact having that 1mm thick plastic surface above it will do, but it's completely possible.

The outer shell is held to the base by 4 screws. The existing GPS is held to the base by a different set of 4 screws. The existing GPS is cabled in through the base (sealed with a bunch of glue).

So if you were to do this, you would need to take the existing GPS out (likely requiring cutting the cables completely) and then drill a new hole to run the new gps cable through and use a really big washer with a thin eye (to cover the old cable hole in the base) and a long threaded bolt that could seat into the new GPS puck (there is a small hole that a bolt could go into) so that it doesn't flop around inside the existing puck enclosure.

Again, not sure what the impact of putting the GPS receiver inside that enclosure would be, but it's totally doable.