• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot SeaDek Faux Teak Group Buy

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So...played it safe and let the fast cure 5200 cure. It actually rose up out of the holes a bit, so I needed to use a razor to shave off domes in 3-4 places. Here is the finished cockpit. I am hoping to go out tomorrow so I'll save the elbow grease for the anchor locker and swim deck for later. Will, I love it. Thanks! I am a little curious if anyone else feels like the brushed grain should run lengthwise down the "boards" though. I am guessing that would affect the yields given the raw material dimensions?
image.jpg

Attachments

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well crap... I was planning on spending half a day installing my new shift cable this weekend... and then today these darn swim platform mats showed up on my front porch. :eek: Looks like it's going to be a full day. :D

Thank you Will! @JetBoatPilot

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot any way you could give an update where you are in the orders? Like percentage complete? Eta till all orders filled. Getting jealous of all the install pictures
If it makes you feel any better, your spare tire cover is in customs. USPS tracking number CJ192186006US

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So...played it safe and let the fast cure 5200 cure. It actually rose up out of the holes a bit, so I needed to use a razor to shave off domes in 3-4 places. Here is the finished cockpit. I am hoping to go out tomorrow so I'll save the elbow grease for the anchor locker and swim deck for later. Will, I love it. Thanks! I am a little curious if anyone else feels like the brushed grain should run lengthwise down the "boards" though. I am guessing that would affect the yields given the raw material dimensions?
View attachment 12423
That looks great! Can you send me more pics that I can use on the website? We need pics of your year model boat in the SeaDek faux teak.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot any way you could give an update where you are in the orders? Like percentage complete? Eta till all orders filled. Getting jealous of all the install pictures
Not sure exactly since I just got back in town. I believe we are about 2/3rd of the way through the order log. The machines have been running all day every day.

chadr91

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If anyone is interested in selling their 2013 style 242 LS carpets (gray) email me. Thanks! chadr91@verizon.net

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
***edit-- oops. Carpet! I see what you are looking for now. I need to list my virgin 2005 carpets in the classified.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well finally got my seadek in, was going to wait till spring to install but once I got it in my hands I couldn't wait. The pictures aren't the greatest as I was in a hurry to get it covered back up and put away to make it to my Thanksgiving meal! IMG_20141011_140938.jpg IMG_20141011_140854.jpgIMG_20141011_140832.jpg

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great. Same color I chose. The first pic showing your shoes on the ground is very telling @Master-Spud. I guess you'll be getting the "naked feet only" sticker huh?

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just pulled my old swim deck pads(stock) today. Done in 7 minutes.. Cold weather trick worked well. Will not install the new Faux Teak until spring..
IMG_20141018_123253_600.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just pulled my old swim deck pads(stock) today. Done in 7 minutes.. Cold weather trick worked well. Will not install the new Faux Teak until spring..
View attachment 13857
You might want to lay your new flooring flat all winter. If you keep it curled up in the box you might have some issues come spring.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up tip Murf.. I've had the new stuff laying flat and weighted under the dining room table for over a month now..

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That is a parking lot full of SeaDek!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Be careful laying turf out in intense sunlight like that. It can cause distortionand warping. It happened to me during the summer.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had it out for about 45 minutes while I was prepping the floor. It was just enough heat to get rid of the folds from being in the box. I purposely put the dark side down so that it didn't get too hot. I'll post up an install thread and pics soon.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I fear it won't get cold enough here for me to get the Hydroturf off... I may have to ship my boat up north... or find a really big freezer! I want my SeaDek on now! Damn this warm weather... 83 freaking degrees... ;)

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@cwoav8r Just wait until February and get up at 0300 to do,it when the temp plummets to a frigid 68. I think that is what you floridians call winter?

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep... then I have to put on a light weight jacket that it takes me forever to find 'cause I only wear it for one week out of the year... Open all year folks... season just started.

Just ask @Murf'n'surf about the increase in traffic. An extra 75K people... but it keeps us in business. Selling sunshine... come on down, we would love to have you. :D

That was a sincere invitation by the way... :)