• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JL AMP Troubles....

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So when it comes to boats, I would ground it way differently than vehicles. That looks like it works fine when it's all cleaned up. But for the best performance, I would run all ground wires to the house battery. That alleviates any issues down the line. Also this helps keep ground loop noise out of your system once you start adding more equipment. Best to have one grounding point.

Glad you figured it out. I've got a very strong background in systems and if you ever any questions, just holla. I've been having issues too since I've rebuilt my system but have figured it out and now tuning the darn thing. Anticipating about 30-45 hours just to tune it right hahaha. Going to be long winter! :arghh: But when I'm done with it, OH WATCH, we might scare some fishies away lol.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So when it comes to boats, I would ground it way differently than vehicles. That looks like it works fine when it's all cleaned up. But for the best performance, I would run all ground wires to the house battery. That alleviates any issues down the line. Also this helps keep ground loop noise out of your system once you start adding more equipment. Best to have one grounding point.

Glad you figured it out. I've got a very strong background in systems and if you ever any questions, just holla. I've been having issues too since I've rebuilt my system but have figured it out and now tuning the darn thing. Anticipating about 30-45 hours just to tune it right hahaha. Going to be long winter! :arghh: But when I'm done with it, OH WATCH, we might scare some fishies away lol.
The ground bar in the pic is bonded with the negative battery posts. The boat has zincs also.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The ground bar in the pic is bonded with the negative battery posts. The boat has zincs also.
Ok no worries. If that's the case you need to make sure that all other components like your head unit also grounds to that same point.