• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Joke of a tongue jack!

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine's curved and the prior owner only used it twice a year. I lubed it up and it works "better". On the list for winter replacing.

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Andy Orton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone found a direct replacement jack? one that could go right were the OEM one is? this one (linked) appears to be mounted to the brackets it comes with in the same way (in the center).

https://www.boattrailerparts.com/Boat-Trailer-Jack-DLX-1500lb-Capacity-Swivel-Style-Bolt-On_p_1671.html

I have a SX-195 that I push around the driveway and into the garage and the cheap plastic wheel is near death after only a few uses... figure ill try the linked one as a replacement. if I can mount it in the same place and all the holes line up... great! if not, it should be able to mount to the frame. worst case ill return it. Just wondering if anyone has attempted it with this model.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Has anyone found a direct replacement jack? one that could go right were the OEM one is? this one (linked) appears to be mounted to the brackets it comes with in the same way (in the center).

https://www.boattrailerparts.com/Boat-Trailer-Jack-DLX-1500lb-Capacity-Swivel-Style-Bolt-On_p_1671.html

I have a SX-195 that I push around the driveway and into the garage and the cheap plastic wheel is near death after only a few uses... figure ill try the linked one as a replacement. if I can mount it in the same place and all the holes line up... great! if not, it should be able to mount to the frame. worst case ill return it. Just wondering if anyone has attempted it with this model.
I am still looking for a solution so if that works, please let us know!!

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How much is frustration worth to you?

Don't cheap out on the same type of cr@ppy jack that comes stock. The one I posted is WELL worth the money. It adjusts to different heights, no other jack works like it does. (See the dimples at the front of the square tube? The entire square tube part slides up and down to do coarse adjustments to the lift height.) It will mount up to whatever trailer you have. It WILL make it easier to move your boat around by hand. I can move my '17 212 by myself with ease in my driveway using that jack. I can steer it way easier than the stock single wheel jack. I can go to the back of the boat and simply pull on the rear deck handle and pull the entire trailer wherever I need it.

And it also has an interesting theft deterrent device. The jack crank handle comes off. If you put the handle in your tow vehicle, how is somebody going to steal your boat or trailer when they can't move the jack? Not impossible but certainly harder to do.

I know the one I posted is a little more than twice the money, but for me the frustration of dealing with a cr@ppy product just isn't worth the little bit of money saved. That Ark 750 jack impresses me every time I use it.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Don't cheap out on the same type of cr@ppy jack that comes stock. The one I posted is WELL worth the money. It adjusts to different heights, no other jack works like it does. (See the dimples at the front of the square tube? The entire square tube part slides up and down to do coarse adjustments to the lift height.) It will mount up to whatever trailer you have. It WILL make it easier to move your boat around by hand. I can move my '17 212 by myself with ease in my driveway using that jack. I can steer it way easier than the stock single wheel jack. I can go to the back of the boat and simply pull on the rear deck handle and pull the entire trailer wherever I need it.

And it also has an interesting theft deterrent device. The jack crank handle comes off. If you put the handle in your tow vehicle, how is somebody going to steal your boat or trailer when they can't move the jack? Not impossible but certainly harder to do.

I know the one I posted is a little more than twice the money, but for me the frustration of dealing with a cr@ppy product just isn't worth the little bit of money saved. That Ark 750 jack impresses me every time I use it.
Can you post a picture of how it is mounted on your trailer? Did it mount in the stock location?

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I mounted it a little differently, just because I can't leave well enough alone! lol. It comes with U bolts, but I decided to do through bolts instead. I honestly don't remember if I could have taken the bracket off and put the swivel part on the stock location. It's really not that big of a deal mounting it any way you want to. If you can drill a hole, you can mount it exactly like I did. The way I mounted mine is solid as a rock. It's the bending and flexing that screws up the jacking and rolling. This thing isn't bending or flexing!

These are big images you can open and zoom in on if you'd like btw...

20180712_130642.jpg 20180712_130651.jpg 20180712_130705.jpg 20180712_130719.jpg

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@gmtech16450yz from the pics it looks like you've drilled new holes into the stock winch unit for the upper bolts and the lower bolt fit over the stock bolt location. Also the mount location is flipped to the opposite side of the stock jack (stock being starboard side of the trailer). Is that all correct?

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
antitheft device?
that's a divorce device.

says the guy that'd get to the boat with everybody loaded up only to realize the jack handle is in the garage 40 minutes away...

Andy Orton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I like it, it also appears to be center mounted to the bracket... it may work the way I want it to as well.
I started out just looking for a replacement wheel that would last and roll easier, but with the stock jack I'm stuck with a 6 inch wheel, plus the jack itself is junk as i learned from you guys which lead me to replacing the jack altogether. I'm trying to control the money I spend on this... and I would like something to go right where the stock one is just to keep things clean. But I agree with the mindset. its hard to put a price on limiting frustration.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thank you!
Problem solved!
https://jetboaters.net/threads/best-trailer-tongue-jack.18772/

--

Andy Orton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am still looking for a solution so if that works, please let us know!!
Ok guys, Let me start off by saying i do not want to discount the jack that gmtech is using and has recomened. Im sure that thing is awesome. I want to inform you guys of another option that i think is viable and i also wanted to share how my install went.

When i set out to find a new jack i knew I wanted to try something that would install just like the OEM jack. So after some research i bought the DLx from dutton-lainson (same manufacturer as the oem jack) My first impression of this jack is that it is a much better product. Basically their top product vs the oem jack being their mass market cheapy that they supply to boat trailer manufacturers. It will install right where the oem jack goes using the same hard ware with minimal modifications.

I hope this is helpfull to you guys. Ill let you know how it goes over the next few uses.

Heres the link to the item on etrailer

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jack/Dutton-Lainson/DL22210.html

New jack out of the box

D9344D29-8AB8-4EF7-9B6C-D49B935451A7.jpeg
I jacked the trailer and set a jack stand under it as well
EBBE3FED-99C1-49A5-92BA-1D2CFE8CC660.jpeg

At that point i disconected the boat from the bow winch and removed the entire housing. I marked where it was with pencil.
D645EB3B-CB81-44E0-9226-087FCA91C4A4.jpeg

Removing the old jack is easy now...
8E69538B-613C-435E-B2DF-0AE176BAE4AC.jpeg

Heres the old vs new pic, the difference in height of the mounting braket between the old one and new one is made up for by the diameter of the new jack’s wheel.
B529184A-05D7-4ED0-A336-3E79590D6C95.jpeg

I did have to open up the holes for the pin that holds the jack upright or stowed.

A63F7C6E-104C-4C0E-8466-E35F3EAA0A8B.jpeg

The old mounting hardware uses two bolts and the new one uses four, but they are interchangeable with eachother.
E19BE0EB-1C0C-41F2-A9A3-A06D87BE5682.jpeg

New jack installed with the old hardware.
7676E115-9ECF-4CA2-A715-E24EC8474D82.jpeg
982DC758-6385-4554-B8E0-A80B7591B0CC.jpeg
5FD3815B-33A6-411C-8522-87D990804252.jpeg

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Andy Orton thanks so much for the in depth write up and pictures. I really wanted to find one that mounted in the original spot as well and this looks perfect. Thanks again!!!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'mjust not to crazy about the need to bore the bolt holes larger as that can speed up decay/rust. Maybe not so much of an issue with galvanized though, but mine is painted.
I would use loctite on those two short bolts holding the jack to the trailer. Those are hidden, not exposed and almost impossible to see and inspect. Part of the reason I opted for a more conventional solution, with the ARK 750 (which requires no modification to the trailer).

--

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'mjust not to crazy about the need to bore the bolt holes larger as that can speed up decay/rust. Maybe not so much of an issue with galvanized though, but mine is painted.
I would use loctite on those two short bolts holding the jack to the trailer. Those are hidden, not exposed and almost impossible to see and inspect. Part of the reason I opted for a more conventional solution, with the ARK 750 (which requires no modification to the trailer).

--
The way I read this, is that the only holes that have to be enlarged are the holes where the pin locks the jack down or folded. I do not see how enlarging those could cause increased rust or decay issues. I would much rather have mine mounted in the stock location for sure!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do not see how enlarging those could cause increased rust or decay issues.
You are correct about which holes that need to be enlarged, the trailer is galvanized or painted - any drilling will strip the coating.
Someone, I can not find it now, had an issue with those two short OEM bolts loosening up to the point of near failure, and it was hidden in plain sight! I do not like this system.
The ARK is 100% more stable.

--

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would assume that the pin going in and out of that hole time and time again would have already worn off any painted coating, not sure about galvanized. But, to each their own! No need to turn this into a JBP/Cobra type debate over tongue jacks. Let's just be glad that there have been two solutions found for the agreed upon junk original one!