• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just bought Yamaha Jet Boat

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@dansshin reference to the ripped seat covers. If they are ripped at the seam, just take them to a local upholstery shop and have them remove the cover, stretch material and have them double stitch it. Had this happen on mine years ago and looks like new. Years later and now I cannot even find where it was ripped. Congrats on the new toy.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's exactly what they are for.

Those wing nuts could be from the bow cushion in front of the helm. Ours has wing nuts just like those to remove that cushion to get to the instrument panel.

Now that you got that out of your system, you should be good to go. I usually do one of these at the beginning or the season. This year, I happened to do all of them...with all the mods on the boat, I was excited to go out and forgot my usual check list. But not the rest of the season for sure! Enjow the boat!
@spaz1868 You were absolutely right. It was from the bow back cushion. I put both of those wing nuts back where they belong. Someone must have been working on something there because I see little white fiberglass flake/dust in that storage bin. Tonight I removed the carpet and vacuumed and clean everything so now it really looks like new boat. :)

Last edited:

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Boat Crazy Little micro rip is in the middle of the couple different cushion. I'm sure there is some kit available that I could buy and repair this. It's literally less than quarter of an inch long.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL I took the shop vac to my boat as well. Got rid of all the stray pieces of fiberglass that were floating around as well as seaweeds and small debris. Wife climbed aboard and said "Wow! Looks like a showroom new boat now!"

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@njmr2fan I hope you and your family are enjoying your new boat. Post more pictures when you can.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My first fill up was ~$90. Not sure if the tank was completely empty. In reading the manual it looks like Yamaha recommends I use Engine Med RX fuel additive. Is that something I need to use with every fill up? Station close to me is Holiday station and I just put regular. Should I use premium which is $.30/gallon more and would that eliminate the need for Engine Med RX?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My first fill up was ~$90. Not sure if the tank was completely empty. In reading the manual it looks like Yamaha recommends I use Engine Med RX fuel additive. Is that something I need to use with every fill up? Station close to me is Holiday station and I just put regular. Should I use premium which is $.30/gallon more and would that eliminate the need for Engine Med RX?
Engine Med RX is a fuel treatment just like Stabil and others. You add it with every fill up. Basically these products are used to keep fuel system and injectors clean by helping to fight corrosion from the Ethanol. Filling up with a higher octane fuel isn't going to eliminate the issues that ethanol causes. Only way to prevent that is to use non-ethanol addiditive gasoline but even then I would still use Stabil or a similar product.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I add Stabil Marine 360 with each fillup. Keeps the fuel from gumming up and evaporates in tank to coat all surfaces.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@njmr2fan I see Marine Stabil & Stabil 360 but I can't find Marine Stabil 360 on Amazon? Wouldn't Marine Stabil be just as good or is that missing something.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it this?

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I may be buying a boat registered in NY with a clean title and I need to register it in CT. Can anyone tell me the best way to make sure I protect myself with this transaction?
NY has a title status site, unfortunately does not work on boats. Get a copy of the title and maybe you can check at the DMV in NY. I would contact them first . If they need it done in person, let me know and I may be able to go the NY DMV for you. https://transact.dmv.ny.gov/TitleStatus/

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@njmr2fan No, color looks different. Your color is blue but one from the West Marine and other sites I see as "Sta-bil 360 Marine" is yellow in color. West marine is about $20 cheaper for the 40 oz size so I just ordered 3 of them. Initially I thought it was way more expensive then regular but looks like you need half of the 360 marine as the regular to treat same amount of gas so it's probably about same price.
http://www.westmarine.com/buy/sta-b...-fuel-treatment-and-stabilizer-40oz--15099344

Same product at Gander Mountain.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Sta-Bil-360-Marine-Ethanol-Treatment-12-oz&i=772706&/indexGoogle_shtml?s_kwcid=adwords__cat:gandermountain.com_&device=c&network=g&matchtype=b&gclid=Cj0KEQjwiN6sBRDK2vOO_vaRs5cBEiQAfsnJCePyBD6shSlSNoRelVoFHBRTJik97-JbS9LGJ9Ffw0QaAp328P8HAQ

Your picture looks more like the regular Sta-bil Marine.
http://www.westmarine.com/buy/sta-bil--marine-formula-sta-bil-ga--10957736

Last edited:

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got the trailer title back from the previous owner after they signed the odometer section. Went back to MN DMV and they registered it in my name and allowed me to put $100 value for sales tax purposes. She did charge me $2 fee for late registration, which I didn't even know there was time limit for registration. Considering the circumstances of initial attempt to register being denied for the odometer section (for a trailer that doesn't even have odometer) not being signed by the previous owner I would have thought she would have understood it but oh well. LOL.

Now I need to get new boat registration # to put on. You guys have any suggestions on what/where to get this for 2013 212x Black & White? I found few options on Amazon. What do you think of these?

http://www.amazon.com/Boat-Jetski-Registration-Numbers-Outline/dp/B010OQ1QL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436399035&sr=8-1&keywords=B010OQ1QL6&pebp=1436399039253&perid=0VR3J6Q119WVZEGG1J1T

http://www.amazon.com/Boat-Jetski-Registration-Numbers-Outline/dp/B004RJH0X0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436399130&sr=8-1&keywords=B004RJH0X0&pebp=1436399137183&perid=0FT273AEV0B2DY6XVJK9

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went to FastSigns for mine. But lots and lots of options off Amazon that I think get you a cheaper and probably better option. I know there is a BoatUS option as well...

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Got mine printed online. Boatnames.com or something like that. Very nice. Can design it yourself and they come lined up and spaced properly. Can have your boat name done at same time.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone found a matching font the the Yamaha lettering? I'd love something that matched my AR190 font.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have never used any fuel additive except when storing for winter. Never any issue.