• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just bought Yamaha Jet Boat

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@dansshin well placed super glue will keep the cuts in the seat from expanding. Just use a quality brand and be careful not to make a mess. I placed painters tape around the edges of the cut I fixed to prevent any rouge glue.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe Original owner sent me bunch of stuff along with the boat. He had case of Yamalube Oil, dozen or so spark plugs and filters and the Yamalube vinyl cleaner/protector. I tried to just wipe some parts with water but Yamalube stuff was able to do better job. Besides the two tiny micro cuts boat really is in great condition. Even the shipper said it was very easy to tow the trailer and seller was big help in getting prep'ed for shipping.

By the way, if anyone is interested in the uShip guy I used his info is below. He really did a fantastic job of doing what he said he would for very reasonable price.
http://www.uship.com/profile/buzzstransport/

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@dansshin -- How did it go? Did you take it out yesterday? One tip that I suggest is to take it out to the middle of the lake and try some slow speed turns. Practice how your boat reacts when you operate the throttles at different positions. (put one in forward and one in reverse, etc.)

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Port0222 Yes I did. I'll post details later as we are doing it again today. :)

I tried to install boatbuckle but I think the bolts & nuts that came with it are defective. I couldn't get it past the half way to tighten it. Anyone else face this?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@dansshin
Congrats on a successful launch! Now it is time to update your boatless profile!:winkingthumbsup"

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Port0222 Yes I did. I'll post details later as we are doing it again today. :)

I tried to install boatbuckle but I think the bolts & nuts that came with it are defective. I couldn't get it past the half way to tighten it. Anyone else face this?

The bolts are stainless and they need to be lubricated before putting them together. They goulded up on you.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@dansshin
Congrats on a successful launch! Now it is time to update your boatless profile!:winkingthumbsup"
Yep, just did.

Successful launch, yes, but had couple newbie moments. LOL.

On Wednesday, Shortly after getting in the water I thought I forgot to close the drain plug at the bottom so I rushed back to the dock and took my son's goggles and dove in but it was already closed. LOL. After that I was on my way but boat just wouldn't go fast even though I pushed the throttle forward. It took me few minutes find out that it was because the cleanout ports wasn't shut. After that it was all fun though. LOL.

Today I went to a different lake and launched the boat successfully but then realized I didn't have the boat keys with me so I had to drive back home while wife and kids waited at the end of the dock.

Hopefully I got all these out of my system now. LOL!

Last edited:

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The bolts are stainless and they need to be lubricated before putting them together. They goulded up on you.
Ok will try it with some WD40 on it or is it already ruined?

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
While cleaning the boat after I received it from the seller, I found couple of these wing nuts in the storage compartment just under the cockpit. Original location was further under the cockpit. What could this come off from?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@dansshin those wing nuts look like the ones that I have on my battery terminals. Not sure if that's what they are, but that's what came to mind right away.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@itsdgm Ok. I'll check but battery on my 212x is on the opposite side rear corner.

Also previous owner had various parts that he didn't even take out of the wrapper. Some were easy to figure out like table and table stand and two cushions for front bow. However there were couple parts (wrapped in red tape) that I didn't know what it was for. Any thoughts on below?

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Mine are still wrapped like that. I believe they support the tower when it is down but have never moved my tower so not sure.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine are still wrapped like that. I believe they support the tower when it is down but have never moved my tower so not sure.
That's exactly what they are for.

Those wing nuts could be from the bow cushion in front of the helm. Ours has wing nuts just like those to remove that cushion to get to the instrument panel.

Yep, just did.

Successful launch, yes, but had couple newbie moments. LOL.

On Wednesday, Shortly after getting in the water I thought I forgot to close the drain plug at the bottom so I rushed back to the dock and took my son's goggles and dove in but it was already closed. LOL. After that I was on my way but boat just wouldn't go fast even though I pushed the throttle forward. It took me few minutes find out that it was because the cleanout ports wasn't shut. After that it was all fun thought. LOL.

Today I went to a different lake and launched the boat successfully but then realized I didn't have the boat keys with me so I had to drive back home while wife and kids waited at the end of the dock.

Hopefully I got all these out of my system now. LOL!
Now that you got that out of your system, you should be good to go. I usually do one of these at the beginning or the season. This year, I happened to do all of them...with all the mods on the boat, I was excited to go out and forgot my usual check list. But not the rest of the season for sure! Enjow the boat!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Where are you mounting the boat buckles? They do not work well on the tabs by the lights, I moved mine to the side of the trailer, drilled and tapped and used blue thread locker.
image.jpg

Last edited:

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, I was trying to use the tabs by the light as that's where the current straps are hooked. No matter where I mount it I still need to be able to turn the darn bolt and nuts but after half way there was no moving it. LOL.

Are these BoatBuckles going to last over time with it being put in the water all the time?

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They should do well in fresh water. I didn't spend the extra for the stainless ones since it will only see saltwater next year. I had no problems or signs of corrosion on my other set on the 192.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's exactly what they are for.

Those wing nuts could be from the bow cushion in front of the helm. Ours has wing nuts just like those to remove that cushion to get to the instrument panel.

Now that you got that out of your system, you should be good to go. I usually do one of these at the beginning or the season. This year, I happened to do all of them...with all the mods on the boat, I was excited to go out and forgot my usual check list. But not the rest of the season for sure! Enjow the boat!
I'll check that out but it was so tight I don't know if I could look under it to see this.

We went out today again. Tried to get there early but by the time we got there trailer parking lot was almost full but luckily no waiting and everything went without a hitch (no pun intended). Had the boat launched and out to lake in ~5 minutes and when we were done 5 minutes and out of the lake. I'm getting the hang of handling the jet boat but I went ahead and ordered Cobra Venom Ultimate from Jeff to see what different I would notice. I wouldn't mind any additional gains in handling especially in very slow maneuvers but I can definitely do it without if needed.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It looks like previous owner only had ~15 hours on the engine per the gauge. In my last 3 outings I put about 10 hours so they are now at ~25 hours. If anyone wants to see pictures from my outings I started another thread for that.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/first-outing-on-yamaha-212x.6507/

Have a safe and happy 4th of July everyone!

SSPK2015

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In NY, I have received a copy of the title with no lien holder noted. Then I get a call from the bank stating I need to send them the title so they can have it changed. If I do not send it in, I have a title and there is a lien holder listed. The bank eventually gets the correct title with lien holder listed.
I may be buying a boat registered in NY with a clean title and I need to register it in CT. Can anyone tell me the best way to make sure I protect myself with this transaction?