• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just bought Yamaha Jet Boat

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice. Im sorta stuck now, well not really. My boys gave me a gift of registration numbers. They were so proud they picked them out and so I have what reminds me of the font used in Peanuts comics. They fade from White to gray to black. I'll have to post a pic.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
While preparing to install the registration # and decal, I noticed my MN decal states my boat is PROPELLOR for Prop. Do I need to have this corrected? Shouldn't it say JET? Or does it even matter?

Also what is the best way to remove existing registration # from the boat?

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@njmr2fan Did you install your stickers yet? Let's see some pics. How did you remove the old ones?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@dansshin,
Yes I got to install my own permanent registration numbers last week when they were assigned. The old vinyl ones came off by peeling them (They were only a year old) and my boys had picked out one of the sets when we were at Academy Sports looking for a Wakeboard tow rope. They were so excited when they gave them to me that they are my numbers now, no changing. They tell everyone we meet they chose the numbers. Here they are.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@njmr2fan It looks very nice. Looks like you did a good job of getting them lined up and spaced out. It just took me couple hours to take my old # off and clean off all the glue residue which didn't leave enough time to put my new #s on. I'll have to do that tomorrow weather permitting.