• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

KeelGuard on the newer 24s

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I put a 10' on my 09 232, just ordered a 9' for my 17 242. I put the one on my old boat before I ever put in the water and I never had a problem with it coming off. I haven't had to use it as I don't boat in areas where there generally isn't a dock ... but it's nice to know it's there.

Now on the pics that @Neutron posted above, I was thinking "why's his hull so rough in the second picture?" It wasn't until a few pics later that I realized that was the concrete reflecting off the clean boat hull. ;)

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It does look rough in the pic lol.
It still looks perfect
I put the keelguard on when the boat had only a few hours on it so it made it an easy install.
Highly recommended when the hull is new or new-ish

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
There is also a Hamby's Beach Bumper.
http://www.hambys.com/

Evidently this is a better product overall but more expensive and installed professionally.

I'm thinking about it.

Walt

Jasonsbiz74

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed a 9 footer on my 2015 LS. No problems at all .

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@captras - Hey bud I realize I'm a little late to the party... have you already installed your KeelGuard?

I placed on my 242 last year and have definitely used it. We love to beach the boat and it has already saved me a few times. I would highly recommend doing it on a warm sunny day -- reason being is that if you lay it out in the sun it will be much MUCH easier to work with. As noted above take your time on the preparation and if possible get a second pair of hands available to come help.

As for the adhesion of the KeelGuard - it's spot on. No problems at all. The entire install with prep time I would say took about 2hrs. Just take your time. Enjoy!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I installed a 9 footer on my 2015 LS. No problems at all .
I havent installed it yet....boat is in the shop, and I am waiting for that warm, sunny day. I have read that that makes a big difference....thanks!