• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Key West - 1948Isaac's family vacation

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just watched @1948Isaac's video in the media gallery and was so impressed that I want everyone to see it!

@1948Isaac, can you tell us more about your vacation? How far did you venture into the Keys? I see Dry Tortugas in your description. Did you make it all the way there? What was the fuel situation to get back?

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce .... Hi Bruce, well i drove to keywest, we stayed at the Ibis Hotel Resort....Very nice place with a tropical feel. From there we first when to islamorada alligator reef which is around 86 miles away , I always carry an extra 6 gallon tank under my spotter seat. Full throttle i usually get 76 miles from the boat and i get an extra 16 miles more with the 6 gallons tank that i carry for a total of 92 miles. we spend some time at the alligator reef ( beautiful water there) and we refuel at islamorada marina before heading back to keywest. We got back around 11 pm thursday. 2nd day we went to woman key before going to dry tortugas, i didnt get to record dry tortugas because i forgot to recharge the gopro batteries the day before but i got some pics that we took on the cellphone. It was around 70 miles to get to Dry tortugas, i made it there empty with out using the extra 6 gallons but i had 2 12 gallons tank i my suv that we use and took just for the tortugas trip because there is no marina or anyway to refuel. Overall it was a great trip. 3rd day we went to snip key and marvin key which was about 20 miles from the keywest boat ramp. We also when to others keys. Overall the Ar 192 can handle some chop with out any problems. I have done a bunch of trips like bimini in my seadoo gtx and i did many other in the seadoo challenger 180 that i had but the yamaha ar 192 if by far way better in handling an taking the 3, 4 and 5 florida chop waves with out getting beat up...... I will be going to exumas some time in october and i going again to bimini in 3 weeks depending in weather conditions.......

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@1948Isaac, are you taking the AR192 to the Exhumas? I have been thinking about that trip but have concerns about having enough fuel in my SX230.

Sounds like you have a real appetite for the waves, or at least sufficient experience that they do not bother you.

Really glad to have you on the forum!

@tim2808 brought his AR192 to Bimini this year.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce I have been in almost any situation you can think at sea . When i had my 2004 seadoo speedster 155 i left to clearwater from cape coral fl (where i live) and on our way back we encounter a very bad storm with 10 feet waves and 36 miles winds, im still i am in shock that little boat made with out braking. I have had jetboats and jetskis for the last 8 years, imagine i got my ar 192 2 months ago and i am at 83 hours already...lol.. Exumas peace of cake. your sx230 has a bigger tank than mine , you be fine ... you will have to stop at bimini then chub cay then nassau then highborne cay marina then Norman cay etc and on but the longest cross is gonna be from bimini to chub cay. It will be around 86 miles which no too bad at all i usually do those miles in a sunday from cape coral (where i Live ) to Boca Grande and Bird key.....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know that the Exhumas are in reach by hopping between marinas. It sounds like you are comfortable arriving at your next stop with very little fuel on board. I have difficulty with the idea of getting there with much less than half a tank!

We are planning a group trip to Bimini around the third week of June in 2015. More info at Bimini 2015.

Several videos from this years trip are posted at BIMINI 2014 video composition collection thread.

Those 10 footers must have been crazy! I got caught in 3' to 5' chop with a 30 mph wind blowing to the east and the normal waves going to the north last summer. The boat handled it well but some of my passengers did not.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce Man i tell you , we thought we were going to die.. that was on the 15 feet seadoo speedster that i had before i trade it for the seadoo 180 challenger ( worse ) but the only good thing about it was that once you go thru a situation like that you get better and more conference in your boat and your self to be able to handle any other situation with out panicking. Best decision i did was to trade to yamaha boats, i still like seadoo jetskis better than yamaha but on the boat side at least for my own experience yamaha is way better in every anyway especially handling chop, space and more

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce Definitely i am down for any trips you guys put together. Its always nice meeting new people with the same enthusiasm.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice video!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Verry cool vid !!!!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great video!
I gotta be honest - I'd be shitting if I ran the fuel that low. I'm usually looking for fuel as I get below 1/2 tank. I know I know - I'm a wuss! :(

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool video. Yeah I took my 2013 AR192 to Bimini in June with everyone. Very awesome trip and I am almost done (finally) putting the videos together.

Here's some info on my gas mileage on the way over.
The 192 burned about 35-40 gallons on the way over. 4 adults, 6 cases of beer, 2 cases of water, clothes, and 4 5-6 gallon containers of extra fuel. 25 mph pushing her as hard as we could with the weight and waves (7200 rpm). After off loading 2 containers of fuel at the half way point AND learning to ride in clear water and not in everyone else's wake we were runnig about 30-32 mph at 6700ish rpm. MUCH SMOOTHER when we all spread out.

On the way back we had 3 containers of fuel, 2 cases of beer left (somehow lol), no water, and I would say we burned about 33-36 gallons. Super smooth ride until we got close Port Everglades. Lots of traffic and waves there.

I would absolutely do it again in my 192 !! Very awesome trip

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will say that boating on the ocean has completely ruined boating on the lake!! Very jealous that you can just go out on the ocean whenever you want!:D

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce Definitely i am down for any trips you guys put together. Its always nice meeting new people with the same enthusiasm.
We absolutely want you join us for Bimini 2015. We are waiting for @upperdeck to announce the dates.

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know! What a disgrace:(

We drank a BUNCH of cheap RUM though! Lol

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks @octavio3311 Trust me i got it down now,but i ran out of fuel a few time in the ar192 before i learn the actual fuel consumption in this one . The times that i have run out i been just a few miles from the ramp coming back from our trips, but no more, i always carry with a 6 gallons, which it fit under the spotter seat or a 12 gallons ....Thanks God for friends and Seatow LOL...

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@tim2808 Thanks ... Nice Boat ... What underwater lights are you using on your ar192 .... i want to do them, the only thing is is that some times i get scare that i get a leak ..... Have you ever have any water leaks coming from the underwater LEDs