• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Key West - 1948Isaac's family vacation

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@1948Isaac, I'm getting ready to do a Key West excursion myself with some relatives, but nothing to major because this will be my second time on open water. I've researched useful equipment, procedures and marine charts, but having some trouble finding good websites or forums for recommended marinas and keys to visit. Do you have any recommendations for websites, forums or from personal experience, you would recommend visiting? Thanks....
We have a member ( @Rusty ) who put together a wonderful website that might give you some ideas. You can find it here: www.floridabywater.com

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Tony Sweasy If your staying in keywest, There is a ramp next to the abis bay keywest resort. The keywest alligator reefs are very nice place to go to... It is only 5 miles away..... I use google earth alot to find cool places to visit.. Woman key is not that far from there,maybe 6 to 8 miles away, and the water is beautiful. Look up this places in google maps and you can route your trip, and be able to see where they are, and draw the route in your GPS.... I didnt research any info when i went to the keys, i just google earth cool places and just go to them.....

Tony Sweasy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Tony Sweasy If your staying in keywest, There is a ramp next to the abis bay keywest resort. The keywest alligator reefs are very nice place to go to... It is only 5 miles away..... I use google earth alot to find cool places to visit.. Woman key is not that far from there,maybe 6 to 8 miles away, and the water is beautiful. Look up this places in google maps and you can route your trip, and be able to see where they are, and draw the route in your GPS.... I didnt research any info when i went to the keys, i just google earth cool places and just go to them.....
Thanks for the information. I will certainly check those places out, but because I'm military I am staying on Trumbo point Naval annex and at Sigsbee Naval Annex they have a marina to launch from.

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@1948Isaac that looks like fun down there. I am planning on going down there this summer. .I want to go on the bimini run it sound awesome..I live in Kissimmee fla.. I am already trying to find new spot to ride. .

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@BigJay17 Down here in sw florida there is a bunch of little islands and others places to explorer to have a great time like cayo costa, north captiva, bocagran etc. Water is very clear down here... Keywest and bimini are always fun. Going back to the keys probably in one more month, at lease once the water gets a bit warmer...

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hit me up when u plan to go to the keys. . See if we can meet up down there.. I will be with my wife and 3 kids.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@BigJay17 You are not far from me, may have to link up with you and @1948Isaac in the future. I have the same boat @1948Isaac , so I really appreciate the video. Its got me hype!

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetSet407 that's cool bro. We love being on the boat. . Where do u usually ride at?

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@BigJay17 No favorites yet as I just purchased my boat and its coming up from Miami in a few weeks. I'll probably spend a lot of time around Conway lakes.

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know bro can't wait. I am inching real bad. Lol

242YLS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey I am in for that keys trip...set it up....

USMCDevilDog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be in the keys with the family staying in Marathon area the week of May 9-16th this year. It can't come soon enough. The winter has been brutal here in the Northeast. Very helpful info provided here. If anyone is around there at that time let me know.