• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Key West - 1948Isaac's family vacation

242YLS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like we'll be heading south for the month of October and then back north in November for Deer season. Hopefully, back south early December for the winter. I know last winter I started seeing more Yamaha boats in the area. Will post when I get back down in the area.
In my opinion , that the best time to boat here in Fort Myers/Naples.
It amazes me being from up North how we can boat all year long here.
Last year we were out on the water late December/January.. It was awesome!

The Wanderer2

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In my opinion , that the best time to boat here in Fort Myers/Naples.
It amazes me being from up North how we can boat all year long here.
Last year we were out on the water late December/January.. It was awesome!
I agree. We were out on Christmas Eve. last year and had lunch at Woody's on Pine Island. Boating in Florida is amazing!

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got mine at Starmarinedepot.com. Sometimes they have coupon codes. So be sure to check.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Isaac, you live near my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Englewood (hence my handle) and lived my summers in Key West, Dry Tortugas, Sanibel, Lemon Bay etc. I miss it at times but love the mountain weather and Lake Life. I am looking at joining the Bimini trip next year if I can get my friend and his wife to join in to help share costs.

Great looking family you have there and I can tell you first hand, my dad used to do the same stuff with me when I was a kid and those are some of my best memories. Good job daddyo!

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Englewoodcowboy Thanks man .. I love it down here ... boating season year long... I see you got a new ar192.. Great boat ..... We take our boat out minimum 2 time a week ..... I go on long trip regularly, and this boat can really take the florida chop with no problem .....I got my boat 3 months ago and i already have 80 hours on it..

Robert_o

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@1948Isaac , we enjoyed watching the video, thank you. Will you be making a similar run in 2015? I have convinced my wife that we need to do that trip in our boat. We're hoping for June, do you have any suggestions? Thank you again for opening our eyes to the endless possibilities.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Robert_o Thanks ...... Yeah , we will be making a few trips to a few places , Keywest, Bimini, and Nassau probably. I could give you a few suggestions but before i do , how many days are you planing to spend in the keys???

Robert_o

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Robert_o Thanks ...... Yeah , we will be making a few trips to a few places , Keywest, Bimini, and Nassau probably. I could give you a few suggestions but before i do , how many days are you planing to spend in the keys???
Thanks for the reply, we're hoping to be there 5 days, is that enough?

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Robert_o Yeah that will be good amount of days for a nice vacation.. This is the info that i posted with the video in the order that i planned everyday

well i drove to keywest, we stayed at the Ibis Hotel Resort....Very nice place with a tropical feel, and they have their own private ramp. From there we first when to islamorada alligator reef which is around 86 miles away , I always carry an extra 6 gallon tank under my spotter seat. Full throttle i usually get 76 miles from the boat depending wave and weather conditions, and i get an extra 16 miles more with the 6 gallons tank that i carry for a total of 92 miles. we spend some time at the alligator reef ( beautiful water there) and we refuel at islamorada marina before heading back to keywest. We got back around 11 pm thursday. 2nd day we went to woman key and close by islands 3rd day we went to snip key and marvin key which was about 20 miles from the keywest boat ramp. We also when to others keys.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@1948Isaac ... welcome!!! Also, what are the Keys like during the months of March and April?? We are always looking for places to go when it gets cold here. Thanks and that was a fantastic video!!

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Enjoyed your video! Looks like a lot of fun! If I ever have my boat down your way, will definitely be looking you up since you have been elected as the Yamaha Keys Guide! :winkingthumbsup"

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Jim Robeson .. Well , Water is always nice and clear in the keys but usually is a bit cold around march but no to bad ( around 72 ) but by may water temperature is already in the 78 to 80's.. That for me is the perfect temperature..... Check ahead for weather conditions..... In the most part sw florida is year around sunny, i just got back from st petersbug, we had such a great time down there, i when to a few island but egmon key is one of the best ones down there.......

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Great video and thanks for sharing for those of us stuck in the cold north. Very jealous of all of those cool boating destinations. Can't wait for the next video!

Tony Sweasy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Bruce .... Hi Bruce, well i drove to keywest, we stayed at the Ibis Hotel Resort....Very nice place with a tropical feel. From there we first when to islamorada alligator reef which is around 86 miles away , I always carry an extra 6 gallon tank under my spotter seat. Full throttle i usually get 76 miles from the boat and i get an extra 16 miles more with the 6 gallons tank that i carry for a total of 92 miles. we spend some time at the alligator reef ( beautiful water there) and we refuel at islamorada marina before heading back to keywest. We got back around 11 pm thursday. 2nd day we went to woman key before going to dry tortugas, i didnt get to record dry tortugas because i forgot to recharge the gopro batteries the day before but i got some pics that we took on the cellphone. It was around 70 miles to get to Dry tortugas, i made it there empty with out using the extra 6 gallons but i had 2 12 gallons tank i my suv that we use and took just for the tortugas trip because there is no marina or anyway to refuel. Overall it was a great trip. 3rd day we went to snip key and marvin key which was about 20 miles from the keywest boat ramp. We also when to others keys. Overall the Ar 192 can handle some chop with out any problems. I have done a bunch of trips like bimini in my seadoo gtx and i did many other in the seadoo challenger 180 that i had but the yamaha ar 192 if by far way better in handling an taking the 3, 4 and 5 florida chop waves with out getting beat up...... I will be going to exumas some time in october and i going again to bimini in 3 weeks depending in weather conditions.......
@1948Isaac, I'm getting ready to do a Key West excursion myself with some relatives, but nothing to major because this will be my second time on open water. I've researched useful equipment, procedures and marine charts, but having some trouble finding good websites or forums for recommended marinas and keys to visit. Do you have any recommendations for websites, forums or from personal experience, you would recommend visiting? Thanks....