• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Killing yer starting battery, Let be real about this.....

Edited post to not confuse myself even more.

Last edited:
Damn modern technology...Who's up for a salad??

@jetboater4life thanks for the link. Just ordered one. I like the ease of plugging it in when I want to check the voltage. I will keep it in the glove box.

If its Amazon, @TechRider is On it
I'm an amazon junkie too. I mess with my subscribe and save items every month to ensure I get what I need and that I'm saving the 15%. If you don't include the prime membership, the cost of most items is cheaper than walmart and shipped to your door for free. Sundries, non-pershibles, you name it. One annoying feature on their website though is after every search it resets to the normal amazon store search bar, meaning you have to click on the subscribe and save link to get to the subscribe and save search bar again. For some reason they don't include subscribe and save as a category with all their other categories on their normal search bar.

I'm an amazon junkie too. I mess with my subscribe and save items every month to ensure I get what I need and that I'm saving the 15%. If you don't include the prime membership, the cost of most items is cheaper than walmart and shipped to your door for free. Sundries, non-pershibles, you name it. One annoying feature on their website though is after every search it resets to the normal amazon store search bar, meaning you have to click on the subscribe and save link to get to the subscribe and save search bar again. For some reason they don't include subscribe and save as a category with all their other categories on their normal search bar.

What is the difference between subscribing to something and just leaving it in your wish list or cart?

Subscribing means you get an automatic monthly shipment that you can cancel at any time or move the dates around if you like.

Ok, I didn't know that was possible. I guess that would be for things like dog food etc...

Yes sir! I benefited getting diapers and wipes while little junior was in that stage of life.

What is the difference between subscribing to something and just leaving it in your wish list or cart?
Subscribe and save is like a totally separate store. There is a separate link for it on your prime membership pull down menu. Basically, you subscribe to receive an item, let's say toilet paper, every month on a particular day. You can change it to be at every 2 month intervals up to 6 month intervals. All the items that you have in your subscribe and save list which are scheduled to be delivered that month will arrive on your subscribe and save date. You get to choose what this date is. You need to receive 5 items scheduled for your monthly delivery date to get the 15% discount. I find items like paper towels, paper plates, toilet paper, soap, electric tooth brush heads, cheesit snacks in bulk, granola bars, pet food, anything that you use regularly to be candidates for this service. I also find that my needs aren't always regular so I go in and adjust my delivery dates to make sure I have at least 5 items to be delivered. Sometimes I'll skip a month on the bulk toilet paper delivery or maybe I need to bring in the date for a delivery of razor heads.

The wish list is a way to keep track of items you may want others to see so that they can shop for you, or you can use it to just keep track of your own items. You can have many different lists. The shopping cart and saved for later items are similar to a list, but are private and just for you. You can customize wish lists to be private too. I've used sites like camelcamelcamel.com to track prices on amazon.

Told you I was a junkie :)

Last edited:
Yes sir! I benefited getting diapers and wipes while little junior was in that stage of life.
Unfortunately diapers and wipes don't quailfy for the 15% discount.

As I read the manual on the 240, it appears to me that the multi-function display will indeed read battery voltage when the key is on and the engines are not running. Of course, if the engines are running, voltage read will be what is produced by the charging system, and not just battery voltage.

@maboat , so jump starting a boat with a stator/magneto charging system is bad, if you do so from another boat and not a jump pack? I haven't ever read a caution on that in the manual...I will look. And since I too am getting a delivery this week, I will ask the tech about any info on it. We may need to have a conversation on this one with a beer in hand too. Seems crazy you could get a jump from another boater if your battery crapped out. And now...I am starting over with only one battery. Ugh. I hate it when the priority of my mods gets dictated by things I choose to back burner!

As I read the manual on the 240, it appears to me that the multi-function display will indeed read battery voltage when the key is on and the engines are not running. Of course, if the engines are running, voltage read will be what is produced by the charging system, and not just battery voltage.

@maboat , so jump starting a boat with a stator/magneto charging system is bad, if you do so from another boat and not a jump pack? I haven't ever read a caution on that in the manual...I will look. And since I too am getting a delivery this week, I will ask the tech about any info on it. We may need to have a conversation on this one with a beer in hand too. Seems crazy you could get a jump from another boater if your battery crapped out. And now...I am starting over with only one battery. Ugh. I hate it when the priority of my mods gets dictated by things I choose to back burner!

Problem is the instrument cluster does not come on with the key(s) on. You must engage the starter for the displays to power. If you just bump the starter, not letting them actually start, you have about 10 seconds before the cluster goes dark again, which usually isnt even enough time to cycle through the displays to get to what you want to see. Its really lame. A full redesign of the gauge cluster is desperately needed.

Congrats on the boat upgrade @txav8r . You will really like the 1.8s.

I have no problems with a single battery, using all stock components. No problem even sitting on the dock all week while on vacation, with long periods of stereo use while sitting still.

I carry a jump pack just in case. A jump pack is not going to cause any harm to your boat unless possibly you hook it up wrong. I would get a pack that has an On/Off switch so you can connect the cables to the battery terminals directly without causing sparks.

Ok, so I think we have agreed that a jump pack should not hurt your boat, but we will have a couple guys verify with dealers this week or next.

The next question would be how many amps should a battery pack have? I see them on Amazon from 400 amps to 3,600 amps.

So what say you oh wise men and women of Jetboaters.net???

Back