• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Ladderless and love it!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who wants to buy a slightly used bow ladder?! I took the advise from a recent thread and removed that sucker and OMG........ I loved being able to just open the hatch, grab the anchor and chunk it overboard. Then on the recovery, I didn't have the fear of chopping off my fingers while fighting that f'ing ladder to get it folded before shutting the hatch! Just drop the anchor in and go.

We don't use the bow ladder either. But I also don't keep my anchor in the bow anchor locker because the anchor beat up the hull and caused spider cracks. Now the anchor is in the starboard forward seat storage. Consequently I never open the anchor locker so the ladder doesn't bother me. I keep 150' of anchor line in the anchor locker but I don't use that either, just the Anchor Buddy.

@BigN8 Just toss it in the attic so you have it for resale in a decade or so... Welcome to the ladder less club!

All of those people who have V drives, I/Os or outboards really can't fathom this. Many would love to have a bow ladder so when they are beached, bow to the shore, they could more easily climb aboard.

I've used the bow ladder for swimmers so they could re-board from the bow when we just shut down the engines and drift for a quick swim. But most find it quite difficult to use and swim around to the stern anyway.

I wonder it it can be deployed while the boat is on the trailer? Never thought of that. Has anybody tried?

Yep.

Can't get the last rung down, but it has helped some of the kids get up there on mine.

We did the same, removed our ladder and it's certainly easier to access the anchor now. We have never used the bow ladder since owning the boat. Could we not use the bow ladder as a spare to replace the stern ladder once it gets bent and won't close easily?

Welcome to the ladderless club! took ours off after the first season - haven't missed it yet!

All of those people who have V drives, I/Os or outboards really can't fathom this. Many would love to have a bow ladder so when they are beached, bow to the shore, they could more easily climb aboard.

I've used the bow ladder for swimmers so they could re-board from the bow when we just shut down the engines and drift for a quick swim. But most find it quite difficult to use and swim around to the stern anyway.

I wonder it it can be deployed while the boat is on the trailer? Never thought of that. Has anybody tried?
I could see the use of the ladder while beaching, but I never beach the boat. Not in a lake where I can't see the bottom. Maybe if I were on the coast I may beach the boat, but even then I would beach the boat stern first. So I guess I would still void the bow ladder.

On another not, I was looking at the space created by the ladder being gone. I wonder if you could mount a shallow rod holder or receiver of some sort in the area where the ladder rests. Then have a pole made kind of like the table legs to slide in the receiver that would angle out over the front of the bow a little bit, then have a grill mount on it. This would get the grill out over the water thereby reducing any grease dripping on the bow of the boat.

I have used that ladder twice and while I'm not a 80 year old man with back problems, I'm not a 12 year old either. So getting onto the boat with the bow ladder sucks. I am contemplating ripping mine off as well, but then we go out and the damn kids jump off the bow of the boat (because it's higher and apparently more fun to jump off from than the stern) and they use the bow ladder to re-enter the boat... which of course gets anything in the front compartments wet, but oh well.

I could see the use of the ladder while beaching, but I never beach the boat. Not in a lake where I can't see the bottom. Maybe if I were on the coast I may beach the boat, but even then I would beach the boat stern first. So I guess I would still void the bow ladder.

On another not, I was looking at the space created by the ladder being gone. I wonder if you could mount a shallow rod holder or receiver of some sort in the area where the ladder rests. Then have a pole made kind of like the table legs to slide in the receiver that would angle out over the front of the bow a little bit, then have a grill mount on it. This would get the grill out over the water thereby reducing any grease dripping on the bow of the boat.
I plan on making a grill mount like that actually but it won't be in time for Shelbyville. I had a bolt break off into the boat which was originally why i removed it so i have some work to do.

I plan on making a grill mount like that actually but it won't be in time for Shelbyville. I had a bolt break off into the boat which was originally why i removed it so i have some work to do.
I like that idea.

I like that idea.
I put two straight rod holders next to the anchor locker for my BBQ,set up. Originally I tried to use angled ones to get the grill over the water but they didn't fit properly (the angle of the rod holders would cause them to his obstructions like the hull or walls of the anchor locker. This may not be a problem if they are mounted closer to the middle of the anchor locker hatch but this wasn't an option for me.

I have used that ladder twice and while I'm not a 80 year old man with back problems, I'm not a 12 year old either. So getting onto the boat with the bow ladder sucks. I am contemplating ripping mine off as well, but then we go out and the damn kids jump off the bow of the boat (because it's higher and apparently more fun to jump off from than the stern) and they use the bow ladder to re-enter the boat... which of course gets anything in the front compartments wet, but oh well.
It nice to have everyone use the bow ladder that it jumping off the bow. That way they don't trample through the entire boat to jump off the nose.

Back