• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Anna, VA

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have never been either. What time and where?
I launch at Sturgeon Creek Marina. I dont guess we've really set a time or nailed down a spot. I guess i was waiting to see if the weather would hold up. There is a group of islands that has some beaches. Theres a couple different sandbars as well. Cocktail cove and probably some of the islands would be good places but would probably get taken pretty quick if we werent out there early enough. I'll talk to @latitudeadjuster and see what he thinks about where we could meet.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sturgeon is certainly our go-to, coming from South Stafford/FXBG. Pleasant Landing Marina (Home - Pleasants Landing at Lake Anna) may be the place if you are coming from Richmond (95/South).
We are hosting a Memorial Service on Sat, 11-12. We don't know if it will go really long, or we'll be free at 1230.
If we can get out Sat PM, we will, but won't know until midday Sat.
Sorry for not being able to commit-
Were it me, I'd do cocktail cove in AM-
Move to redneck beach (across lake) for lunch and volleyball mid-day.
Then either midafternoon run to the Cove, Tim's, or Anna Cabana (for cocktails and apps)

Of course, if this is a young crowd, then maybe just redneck beach North, by Tim's.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sturgeon is certainly our go-to, coming from South Stafford/FXBG. Pleasant Landing Marina (Home - Pleasants Landing at Lake Anna) may be the place if you are coming from Richmond (95/South).
We are hosting a Memorial Service on Sat, 11-12. We don't know if it will go really long, or we'll be free at 1230.
If we can get out Sat PM, we will, but won't know until midday Sat.
Sorry for not being able to commit-
Were it me, I'd do cocktail cove in AM-
Move to redneck beach (across lake) for lunch and volleyball mid-day.
Then either midafternoon run to the Cove, Tim's, or Anna Cabana (for cocktails and apps)

Of course, if this is a young crowd, then maybe just redneck beach North, by Tim's.
We plan on coming down from Southern MD. Only had this boat a couple months. 2019 FSH 210. 96634

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@motomandan
Assuming you are coming down 95-
Then target is most likely Sturgeon Creek Marina. Google Maps
55mph the whole way-
10 ramps and cost $10 per day to launch and store car/trailer.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Created our 'hit list' for Lake Anna, on this Google Map. Should let you zoom in an see what you want, in regular or satellite view.
Left it in 'edit' mode for anyone who has the below link. For those informed (@latitudeadjuster,...), please add as you are willing to share.

If this works, it would be awesome to have this for any of the lakes we all may visit. If some jetboaters are willing to share their local knowledge.
Can do a similar one for the Potomac...

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am here but have no idea where to go?
I’m out here but the wind is insane. Probably not staying out long. I just found a cove to get out of the wind.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Launched at Sturgeon Creek. Took a tour of the lake . Anchored by an island for a while. Went tubing a little. It was fun but crazy amount of boats. Wind didnt help. We need to have a gathering by Solomon's Island MD in my neck of the woods. Lots of space, Chesapeake Bay and and the Patuxent River. Lots of restaurants to stop at!

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Launched at Sturgeon Creek. Took a tour of the lake . Anchored by an island for a while. Went tubing a little. It was fun but crazy amount of boats. Wind didnt help. We need to have a gathering by Solomon's Island MD in my neck of the woods. Lots of space, Chesapeake Bay and and the Patuxent River. Lots of restaurants to stop at!
The wind totally ruined it for me today. we didn't even stay out near as long as we normally do. There's three or four restaurants on lake anna that are all really good. and theres a lot of cool places to hang out at. I can deal with the number of boats, its the wind that ruins it.

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The wind totally ruined it for me today. we didn't even stay out near as long as we normally do. There's three or four restaurants on lake anna that are all really good. and theres a lot of cool places to hang out at. I can deal with the number of boats, its the wind that ruins it.
is that salt water or brackish?

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Brackish. This year very brackish. Cool sea life Dolphins, Ray's ever had a 25' Humpback whale a couple years ago
Sounds really cool. But I don’t have a galvanized trailer. 😕

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm usually at Lake Anna every weekend. If you guys wanna try "round 2" when it's less windy let me know.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We are planning on being on Lake Anna 9 AM till 1 PM on July 4th.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Feet wet
Sturgeon
Heading to Cocktail cove or islands.