• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Cumberland meet and greet!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I KNOW some of you are interested in this!
I hope to be at Shelbyville IL. July 29 weekend. Last year we went straight from Cumberland to Shelbyville.
Lets talk dates, but I was thinking July 22-24th for an actual meet up but I will be there until we leave for Shelbyville. As soon as someone agrees with the dates, I will be booking as well.

I know some of you have cottages there, but for those that don't, I will help you out with a little info!

Lake Cumberland is a HUGE lake. It is a deep lake. It is also a very clear lake. It is placed in what I would consider the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. It has a dam at the southwest end of it as well. This is also called the Wolf Creek Dam. You can find TONS of info in this link:
http://www.lakecumberland.com/lake-information/about-the-lake/

We have only stayed at the State Dock area. We have stayed in the motel/lodge which is nice and has a great view of the lake below. This also gives you easy access to the pool and the main lodge where the restaurant is. The restaurant has a spectacular view of a nice large section of the lake where you can watch hundreds of boats coming and going. We have also stayed at the campground. The campground has decent spots but it is on fairly hilly terrain which makes for some spots to have trouble. Call ahead and ask the people at the reservations for info on which spots to take if you have a boat. The bathrooms were decent for a campground. The cottages are fairly cheap for what they are and are a great bargain if you can get one. Most of them have room for 4-6 depending on couples/kids. When our A/C broke on our camper, we spent a lot of time at my in-laws cabin which was a wonderful blessing.

There are a LOT of other places to stay. Right across from the State Dock is Jamestown. If you have kids, go eat dinner there as the food is actually one of the better places over there, pick up any supplies you forgot, and then go behind the store for the fish feeders. Remember those fries you were about to throw out? Go get em kids!

I know there are a bunch of different marinas and such around the lake as well, but I haven't visted even half of them. I would say if you are coming down for the first time, you NEED to see 76 falls, and then perhaps work your way up by the dam, and check out different things from place to place.

Is watersports your thing? I can tell you right now, there is no shortage of coves to get that glassy water on. You can get lost down some of these stretches without a gps of some sort though, so have a way to get back!!!

I would love to hear some of the lake highlights from those that go to this lake, so give me dates and give me info guys!

Probably going:
@Speedling
@Nathan_85
@Kevin M
@Ismael Breton
@bthessel
@Lawson2479

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If the Bimini trip gets pushed back to June again, I'd be seriously thinking about this one too. Doubt I could pull both off in the same month, but I'm certainly not ruling it out. Been meaning to check this lake out.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Or do it on the way there or back just to clean salt water out of the boat!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are planning on spending a week at Cumberland this year. Not sure on the dates yet, but we are flexible from late June to Early August. Hopefully the stars will align and we can make it when others are down there.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is close to my house, i will be interested in joining to this trip and also the bimini fling!

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So there are a couple of new hotels going up in Somerset also if people would rather go that route. Putting in on that end of the lake will be a haul to 76 Falls though for sure. probably depending on the ramp it will be 60 miles or so by water. For a raftup location Difficulty Creek would be a good choice.

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For me it would be good time after the 24-jul, anything after that is good

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hopefully we will be at our new Lake house when this happens. I can't freaking wait for summer since this will be our first summer at our new place. Lake Cumberland is great and if you haven't been there, you won't be disappointed. I'll be watching this thread and look forward to the meet up!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I am booked for the 22nd of July to the Wednesday. After that I am headed to shelbyville. We are staying at jamestown in a cottage and have my parents and sister in law and brother in law for a total of 9 on my boat!

Wish me luck and if anyone wants to take a few people off my hands feel free!

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lets come up with some dates for the month of july what yall think?

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can start looking up for what's happening at that time over there!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yeah, so if anyone wants to meet up, on the weekend of July 22-23, let me know! It sounds like Difficulty Creek will be the spot. I'll probably just anchor up and be swimming and grilling so come chill for a bit and say hi!

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have any info on whats going on around that time over there? Kets try to compile a list of things to do. I know is not bimini island but lets try to have a nice group of jet boaters to meet up and like you said @Speedling have a good time. It sounds good 22-23 july!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I know I'll be going to 76 falls, Conley bottom, and a lot of hanging with maybe a little bit of fishing.
I know that we will be spending one day OFF the water visiting the fish hatchery (if repaired after this last storm) and things like that.
I know that Somerset has a car show that weekend as well, so that would be something of interest. But otherwise, it's good old swimming and tubing etc. for us!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I also wouldn't mind maybe hitting up somewhere for a lunch with you guys. Conley Bottom perhaps?
I don't know any of the places up that direction and since we will be staying at Jamestown this year, I don't want to travel TOO far.

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Conley Bottom Sounds like a great idea, where is the 76 falls at?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Way at the bottom!
For some of the cool spots to see, check that greenish map I posted towards the beginning.

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah ok nice! I cant wait till summer

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My place is almost directly across from Conley Bottom. Man I can't wait to put it to the test! The fun meter is going to be pegged this summer!!