• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Cumberland meet and greet!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If any of you guys know GOOD places to stay, speak up! I only have ever stayed at State Dock and am trying out Jamestown this year.
Would love to know and share of good options for others.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys! My wife and I are trying to find gatherings around the northern TN area. This sounds like it may be fun. What's one gotta do to make this trip?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well, find a place to stay for starters!
This is a first year "Event" or gathering so there isn't a whole lot going on yet. If we show with a good number of people, it can be a lot of fun just hanging out and doing a little meet up. From there, it can only grow!
I'm sure my wife will have food grilling up as well, so when it's a week or two before, perhaps we can all confirm and organize a meal?
I'm going to go back to the beginning and start a list of those coming.

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lets come up with a plan on what to do for a weekend!

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, find a place to stay for starters!
This is a first year "Event" or gathering so there isn't a whole lot going on yet. If we show with a good number of people, it can be a lot of fun just hanging out and doing a little meet up. From there, it can only grow!
I'm sure my wife will have food grilling up as well, so when it's a week or two before, perhaps we can all confirm and organize a meal?
I'm going to go back to the beginning and start a list of those coming.
I like that, sounds really good lets do it

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I believe at least one of the days we were thinking of hanging out at Difficulty Creek.
Perhaps we meet up there one of the days?
Perhaps something at Conley Bottom for a lunch?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Saturday the 23rd at Difficulty Creek I am thinking, and Conley Bottom Sunday for Lunch, the 24th.
Conley Bottom is 22 miles from Jamestown/State Dock so while it's a bit of a trip, it's totally doable for a Yamaha.
Some of you locals will have to show me the upper part of the lake. We only ever head south!
If you want to be included in the probably going list, or would like to be removed from it, please let me know specifically!

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have never been to this Lake, but it seems to be around 2:30 hours from where we live. It'd be neat to do a 1 night Saturday and Sunday trip sometime this summer. We have been to tons of lakes in TN but are trying to branch out a little bit and tow our boat a little farther out. Also, always much more fun with good company on the lake.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We have never been to this Lake, but it seems to be around 2:30 hours from where we live. It'd be neat to do a 1 night Saturday and Sunday trip sometime this summer. We have been to tons of lakes in TN but are trying to branch out a little bit and tow our boat a little farther out. Also, always much more fun with good company on the lake.
It's worth coming!!!
Look for lodging for the 22nd of July on!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I KNOW some of you are interested in this!
I hope to be at Shelbyville IL. July 29 weekend. Last year we went straight from Cumberland to Shelbyville.
Lets talk dates, but I was thinking July 22-24th for an actual meet up but I will be there until we leave for Shelbyville. As soon as someone agrees with the dates, I will be booking as well.

I know some of you have cottages there, but for those that don't, I will help you out with a little info!

Lake Cumberland is a HUGE lake. It is a deep lake. It is also a very clear lake. It is placed in what I would consider the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. It has a dam at the southwest end of it as well. This is also called the Wolf Creek Dam. You can find TONS of info in this link:
http://www.lakecumberland.com/lake-information/about-the-lake/

We have only stayed at the State Dock area. We have stayed in the motel/lodge which is nice and has a great view of the lake below. This also gives you easy access to the pool and the main lodge where the restaurant is. The restaurant has a spectacular view of a nice large section of the lake where you can watch hundreds of boats coming and going. We have also stayed at the campground. The campground has decent spots but it is on fairly hilly terrain which makes for some spots to have trouble. Call ahead and ask the people at the reservations for info on which spots to take if you have a boat. The bathrooms were decent for a campground. The cottages are fairly cheap for what they are and are a great bargain if you can get one. Most of them have room for 4-6 depending on couples/kids. When our A/C broke on our camper, we spent a lot of time at my in-laws cabin which was a wonderful blessing.

There are a LOT of other places to stay. Right across from the State Dock is Jamestown. If you have kids, go eat dinner there as the food is actually one of the better places over there, pick up any supplies you forgot, and then go behind the store for the fish feeders. Remember those fries you were about to throw out? Go get em kids!

I know there are a bunch of different marinas and such around the lake as well, but I haven't visted even half of them. I would say if you are coming down for the first time, you NEED to see 76 falls, and then perhaps work your way up by the dam, and check out different things from place to place.

Is watersports your thing? I can tell you right now, there is no shortage of coves to get that glassy water on. You can get lost down some of these stretches without a gps of some sort though, so have a way to get back!!!

I would love to hear some of the lake highlights from those that go to this lake, so give me dates and give me info guys!

Probably going:
@Speedling
@Nathan_85
@Kevin M
Thanks!

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is nice to have a gathering so close to the house (less than 45 miles). If my wife does not have to work. We will be there.

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am looking for logging and the best options are conely bottom, james town resort & marina and lake cumberland state dock. These are the best reviews that i can find, wolf creek marina is a NO GO! It seems like they are not that good at taking care of ppl and their loogin. I will be checking for rates and will be posting them here, for everyone to know. Conely bottom have a cover slip added to the rates and its walking distance from the cottages.

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is what is expected for this year!!!

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a map of state dock, btw they have pet friendly rooms! And to the top left corner is a lodge area called lure lodge, that one is the closest to the marina walking distance i am getting some information by email. If some of you are interested we can do a group rate! There an idea for some

http://parks.ky.gov/!userfiles/aParkBrochures/Maps/LakeCumberland.pdf

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome video. Are the dates for this gathering definite? Something has come up on my wife's end of the family for this VERY same weekend :/

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Awesome video. Are the dates for this gathering definite? Something has come up on my wife's end of the family for this VERY same weekend :/
As far as a gathering, I would say yes. I am booked and won't be able to make it any other day this year most likely.
However, every time we head out there we see several jetboats mostly Yamaha so don't feel bashful!