• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Lanier, GA meet/raft up

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We were there Saturday and Sunday. [flag]

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was on Allatoona Saturday and saw a bunch of Yamaha's. Saw one group in flamingo cove that had 4 or 5 242's docked up together. Believe there was a 242x in the group too.

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Hana
I may have seen you guys as I was coming out of sunset cove around 6 pm a couple of weeks ago. Where are you located?

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Hana
I may have seen you guys as I was coming out of sunset cove around 6 pm a couple of weeks ago. Where are you located?
We are in Alpharetta. We usually launch from Lanier Park. We will be camping at Shoal Creek Memorial weekend.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For you Allatoona guys. This was us today. Anchored 50' out from friends on big boats and floated back and forth all day via the line.

image.jpeg

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks hot 94 next weekend... anybody interested in gathering maybe around Browns Bridge?

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We will be in the Shoal Creek area Saturday and Sunday.

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice... maybe on the lookout for you

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Hana, did you put in at Lanier Park yesterday with an Expedition? If so, we saw you there. That is a pretty boat. We got in the water right before you.

@Rodney Findley, we can try to make next weekend if you meet up. We have no solid plans as of today.

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Hana, did you put in at Lanier Park yesterday with an Expedition? If so, we saw you there. That is a pretty boat. We got in the water right before you.

@Rodney Findley, we can try to make next weekend if you meet up. We have no solid plans as of today.
@spaz1868 Right on! We really like the ramps at Lanier Park but we also use the Shoal Creek launch when we camp.

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I guess we just try and keep this casual, I assume that we would eventually run into one another...

I need to check out Lanier Park? I belive y'all put in across from me. I launch at Vann's Tavern which is right across from my house...

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@spaz1868 If you would PM me your phone number, I will keep it and try and shoot you a text on days that we head out.
I met another guy this past Wednesday at the launch with an older SX230 that would like to get together but is not on the forum so we may slowly assemble a nice little group?

My wife has plans later on Saturday night and I will have to keep my 2 yr-old daughter so if we are not able to make something happen rather early on Saturday, this might be a bust for me?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Guys, I'm in Acworth and picking up a '15 242 limited s this Saturday. Will be boating mainly on Allatoona , but would like to check out Lanier a few times this summer. Keep us all updated on possible outings!
I'm out on Alatoona (out of Acworth) every year in my adopted boat (09' Malibu Wakesetter) . . . .

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm out on Alatoona (out of Acworth) every year in my adopted boat (09' Malibu Wakesetter) . . . .
ahh cool. That is my stomping ground. You have friends in the area or something?

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@0627Devildog How do you like pulling with the Expedition? I just got me a 2013 and is what we use to pull ours.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes sir, been there everyn
ahh cool. That is my stomping ground. You have friends in the area or something?
Yes sir. . . Up on Awtrey Church Rd NW. . . We have been there every Memorial Day weekend (Wed - Wed) for the last 5 years. Nice lil spot you guys have there.

@0627Devildog How do you like pulling with the Expedition? I just got me a 2013 and is what we use to pull ours.
I gotta tell you, coming from a 5.4 Triton I was more than a little apprehensive moving to the 3.5L EcoBoost. . . . . . But I was (and continue to be) pleasantly surprised by it. Barely even notice it's back there.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes sir, been there everyn

Yes sir. . . Up on Awtrey Church Rd NW. . . We have been there every Memorial Day weekend (Wed - Wed) for the last 5 years. Nice lil spot you guys have there.

I gotta tell you, coming from a 5.4 Triton I was more than a little apprehensive moving to the 3.5L EcoBoost. . . . . . But I was (and continue to be) pleasantly surprised by it. Barely even notice it's back there.
Yep, Allatoona is a pretty fun little lake. Smaller than some of the other lakes around, but still pretty big.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Plenty big in comparison to my home lake, though I don't mind being right on the water on a small low traffic lake. . . . Way less noise, and much better for water sports.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Swinging+Bridge+Lake+Marina/@41.6174936,-74.8084307,13.12z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x3183b7250bbcac4e!8m2!3d41.6268741!4d-74.7807677
Yeah that would be nice. Looked it up and swinging bridge has 17.6 shore miles. Allatoona has 270. That's still pretty small though compared to Lanier and some of the other big lakes around here.

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Going to be a hot one today on Lanier but heading out around 12:30 from Port Royale. Probably going to head down to SSC while we are out.