• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Lake Mohave- Kathrines landing to Hoover Dam

Grim1800

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hello fellow boaters,

My family and I are heading out to Laughlin in August and plan on making a trip from Lake Mohave Kathrines landing marina up to the Hoover Dam. We go to lake Mohave every year but typically stay on the south end of the lake and this will be our first trip up north. Just wondering if any members have made this trek and have any insight on the trip. IE: how long did it take/ how many miles/ is there any hazards- shallow spots when you get close to Hoover damn. Any information is greatly appreciated.

We did that run in the 90's on jet skis but havent been back since. It looks like Nacionics is somewhat updatd with obsticals but water levels very at diffrent times of the day depending on the power generating requirements.

@lazergeek. Thanks for the response. Do you recall approximately how long the trip was? We plan on getting on the lake fairly early but I wanted to have a idea on how long the trip will take so we can plan accordingly.

@Grim1800 Willow Beach to Katherines landing was only about 2 hours but we stopped for gas in Willow Beach. I just put the route in my Navionics and its 45 miles. At 25mph its estimating 1 hour 45 min.

@lazergeek Thanks again for the info and plotting that route out for me. Unfortunately we do not have Navionics so I will just have to take it slow and steady.

It's an easy route just stay in the center of the channel and you should be good

Last time I made that run it was in a friends go fast boat. We were 55-60 mph all the way. Didn’t take too long. However, you can’t physically go dam to dam anymore. They stop you upstream a few miles from Hoover dam. I believe you could use a kayak or paddle board though and on certain days possibly a low hp engine powered boat (Like less than 90hp or something like that). My info is at least 5 years old, So double check before you commit to the run.

@itsdgm Thanks for the heads up. I think we will check in with the ranger station on Lake Mohave and see what the regulations are before making the trip.

@lazergeek Thanks again for the info and plotting that route out for me. Unfortunately we do not have Navionics so I will just have to take it slow and steady.

I would recommend getting Navionics on your phone. It is invaluable if you don't have a chart/plotter. $25.00 per year. Navionics | Mobile App for Boating and Fishing For the cost, it can be a boat and life saver. Even with a chart/plotter, Navionics on the phone is a great back up if needed, plus updated more frequently.

@HangOutdoors @lazergeek Just checked out Navionics website and I am pretty impressed. Curious if I get the mobile app and while using it loose cell reception what happens?

Oh my. Get it. No reason not to. It's cheap. Yo don't need reception after you download the maps

Oh my. Get it. No reason not to. It's cheap. Yo don't need reception after you download the maps

Everyone should have navionics on their phone as a primary as well as a back up if needed. At the way our boats suck down GPH, $25 per year is nothing :)

We just got back from Willow Beach, you can't go north of Willow Beach with a motor boat on Sundays and Mondays, keep that in mind when you make your plans.

Back