• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Murray Floating Cabins - Ardmore, OK - June 5-7th 2015

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It was a circus at the ramp Sunday, but it I ky took about 20 minutes to get to our turn. Clara stated with the biat tied at the ramp pier, while I manuevered the trailer into a tight ramp. I then swapped wth her and loaded the boat and she pulled me out. It actually worked just fine. I would do the same if we did it again. My main concern is that we have such few accomodations. The Texas gsggerung once hosted 20+ boats. I feel we may be limiting the area gathering. But by no means does this have to be the main or only one!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm hopeful for more people in August on Texoma if it's gonna be boatable and the water recedes. Part of our numbers this time was the cost of the cabins and the other was the time of year. School just got out or wasn't quite out like for us and it's a busy time for the beginning of the summer break. The accommodations at Texoma are a lot more flexible meaning a lot more to pick from. That helps bring a lot more people when they can get a room the day of if it's a last minute deal and it's too far to go back home.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I will say this...I'm
Spoiled now! It will be hard to go back to just a "cabin"!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The floating cabins are expensive but they also are very convenient.

The early summer weekend was the time when they had the most availability. It was a fun way to get our summer started. I wonder if the school conflicts were caused by snow days or are the normal schedule?

Unfortunately we can't make the August Texoma gathering as we are back in school. Otherwise we would love to be there.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would do it again in a heartbeat! :winkingthumbsup"

Sure, the close-in parking was limited and the boat ramp was not convenient. But launching and parking for me are only done once at the beginning and once at the end. The rest of the weekend was great. Cabins were extremely nice compared to the Texoma cabins.

I didn't get to see the cabins where many of you stayed last year at Broken Bow. But the cabin I shared last year with @Detonate (and our wives) at Broken Bow was a true Taj Mahal!. It was DE-LUXE Supreme. But nothing beats pulling your boat right up to your front door like we had this year at Lake Murray :thumbsup:

The strict rules seemed more like a scare tactic than anything else. I had no issues or complaints even with my music playing late into the night. I'm sure we could have had a larger group around the picnic tables with little to no trouble.

The only downside for me was nothing against Lake Murray or the Floating Cabins. With all the rain and flooding in Texas last month, this was basically my first weekend out on the boat this year when normally I'd have been out several times by now. I was still a pale white boy that hadn't yet acclimated to the sun and heat. I fried on Saturday even though I spent more time under the bimini than I normally do.

All in all, it was a great weekend and I would definately do it again. How about June 2016? Anybody?

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I"m in for a June 2016 @maboat. Same here first time on the water with the boat and BAM sunburn. I forgot to mention this earlier, thanks Travis for the coffee

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No prob on the coffee Jeb.

We had a great time too. I would do this trip again. Splitting the cabin we got worked out great for us.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are in for June of 2016. May bring a bigger group next time.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I managed to keep enough sunscreen on to keep from getting a bad sunburn but a couple of places still got red. I remember what Jebs Sister said..."OMG, your completely white!" First trip of the year is dangerous! lol.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Karin and Gary @txav8r, but you are probably correct calling her that way cause nobody know her by Karin

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I knew it was Karen @Jebinok but I didn't know if it was spelled that way and didn't know if they were reading the threads yet. Thank you for giving me the correct spelling, Karin, and my apologies! Tell them I promise to get more sun before they see me again! Are we still shooting for Texoma and is the lake level falling? And Jeb...when I saw you last in the cove...you were burning too! lol

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yep we were @txav8r, yes i am planning to attend the meet in Aug. with Dan and Veronica.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am thinking we will come in the bus...gotta reserve a space in Buncomb...what weekend was it?

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If i remember correctly its the weekend of 8th and 9th

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ok...not home to put on calendar, I may ask again, but it is in this thread now too! thanks!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there a thread on here for the August 8th and 9th Lake Texoma trip?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think D and V started a thread awhile back. Can't remember the title.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor