• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Murray Floating Cabins - Ardmore, OK - June 5-7th 2015

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I talked to @farrelltravis and @PEARCE today and both are verbally committed and calling for pod reservations! I will add you guys to the list as soon as I know you are confirmed! This has all the appearance of a gathering!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hey guys!
Gotta love that tag system!
I am general manager of a fireworks store so June is a very busy month for me. If i take off it will be to go the bahamas.
This place looks awesome though and i would certainly love to visit sometime.

Perhaps we need an official list somewhere of gatherings locations and dates because i would have missed this if not tagged!

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are in! As of now, Robyn and I will be at the gathering and staying in Pod #8. Only bad thing...7 months away :( I want to go this weekend. @farrelltravis call tomorrow. The pods are going. Pod #7 is first available. Pods 8-12 are reserved.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I visited the floating cabins, the marina, the state park, and the general area today. I have some news about all of it. But bottom line, the state park cabins, over 200, are booked for that and every summer weekend. And right now, numbers 1-4 of the pods are out is commission. So wth 8-12 rented, that leaves only 3 pods left!

The Atrium, the gazebo, one cottage and one villa remain. After that, any accommodations will be away from the general area.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
image.jpg
This is the floating patio that Rodney will attach to the unit for a place to gather. They will fix the loose screen roof. These cabins are the best I have seen in comparison to Mill Creek, soldier creek, and buncombe creek.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Pods are small but nice. Have a booth type dinning table, couch, TV, kitchen, bedroom with queen, and shared deck area with picnic table between a
Second pod. The pods don't have washer/dryer in the unit, but they have them shared in an area common to all of them and the west cottage. The east cottage, villas. Gazebo, and atrium, all have separate w/d. These are all
NICE!
image.jpg
Here are some rules spelled out in the lease agreement. No Pets. 11pm curfew on noise. This is OK state controlled and a single warning is issued. If they have to come back for a complaint. You will be evicted without refund.

Also, no outside guests are permitted. Your cabin allows only what it allows, and they MUST be on the lease. Any outside guests will cause issues. This means that any cabin or RV guests can not attend our evening functions. Period. Only exception is if you have room in your cabin to add someone to your roster and they can be listed there. These are state fire code rules and enforced by LMFC. They are under the gun as they are a private concern on state land.

Ok, tough rules, but they provide a great place on a great lake, and maintain greatness for everyone. I can live with that!

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce This looks like a cool trip but are you doing this instead of Bimini or are you doing both if so I need a job with you my good sir lol

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The pods are are twined with 2 attached to each gangway, two stainless gas grills, and two picnic tables in each shared deck area. The lakeside end has separate deck areas with seating and a ladder for exiting the lake. There is a swing gate on the end of each deck porch to enter your boat! And rub fenders along each outside wall.
image.jpg

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The dockominiums have a nice porch as well and those units are very nice. Larger of course and sleep more folks. They are more money but again, they sleep more people.
image.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The dockominiums have a nice porch as well and those units are very nice. Larger of course and sleep more folks. They are more money but again, they sleep more people. Going from memory, I think they sleep 8, 3 BR, 2BA, with a queen in each of two BR and 2 bunk bed units in the third for a total of 8.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I shot a few pics of the cottage units, the east has no direct boat access and it and the west unit share a 5 boat slip house on the back of the dockominiums. The west cottage utilizes the same gangway and is off of this house. The gangway to the dockominiums and the west cottage is STEEP. Very STEEP. And it will be steep if the lake level remains lower, it is currently down 6'. The lake level won't affect the use of any of the cabins or access to them from the water that I haven't already mentioned and the ramp is in good shape at the marina, but it isn't as good as it would be with water 6' higher. One of the piers appears to be grounded but the other is floating.
image-2.jpg

image.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce are you doing this instead of Bimini or are you doing both
My family absolutely insists on going to Bimini again and again and again. Fortunately Lake Murray is only about 5 hours away so it is a much easier trip than Bimini.