• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Landing strip LED lights on the trailer

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So being inspired by this thread, My neighbor and I decided to do it since we often stay out till late hours in the summer. Yesterday we tackled his boat and trailer.... the headache... but it payed off. His is a 1995 Sea Ray and the trailer is as old. Someone in her past created a wiring Franken-trailer! So the simple job became an extended new wiring project. Now his side markers light up like they are supposed to. So the complex trailer has left me feeling good about some ways to do my trailer next week.
I think the overall idea is fantastic and will really help my daughter and wife putting the boat on the trailer at night. The green works great for light penetration (my girls wanted us to do purple... uhhh no.). I'll update a few pics when I get done with my own boat and trailer.
Thank you to the first person who thought of this. Great Idea!

tempImageuc9KTo.jpgtempImagelQ18is.jpgtempImageB3bTQJ.jpgtempImagevjKzrm.jpgtempImagemB6unw.jpg

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good. I need to tackle this sometime this winter.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone got a newer link for the Amber one's Bruce shared? @Bruce Amazon appears to no longer carry that specific one and I keep find one ones with a 3.5mm jack and power supply vs tinned connections.

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
well dang, now I want to do this and we don't even use the trailer...

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah, the magic of our little forum... we keep Amazon and West Marine in business.

Embraerjetpilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
this Is great. Now it just needs a rabbit...

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
We often boat until after dark and recover the boat at dark ramps.

We added waterproof LED strip lighting to the frame rails of the trailer so that alignment of the trailer would be visible through the water. They work great and improve visibility on the highway as well.

Although I am curious how our LE members feel about the extra lights on the trailer. I believe this is legal. If not I will add switches to turn them on at the ramp.

Total cost was $27 and about 30 minutes. The supplies consisted of two of these LED Strips, 12 x 18" outdoor wire ties, less than 10' of 16 gauge dual conductor wire and solder and shrink tube that I already had on hand.

@Rana applied the light strips to frame rails starting at the back. I pulled out the front running lights and soldered and shrink tubed 16 gauge wire to the factory wiring. Then I soldered and shrink tubed my 16 gauge wires to the LED strips. And finally we put 6 wire ties around each LED strip and wire. We did the same on both sides.

View attachment 23951 View attachment 23952 View attachment 23953
Awesome..if it turns out they are not legal, which I doubt, you can always convert them for use during launching/retrieving only. Great idea. Nothing better than guiding your boat onto to a runway!

HvacPro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome..if it turns out they are not legal, which I doubt, you can always convert them for use during launching/retrieving only. Great idea. Nothing better than guiding your boat onto to a runway!
I wouldn’t think amber would be a problem. Anyone ever run the interstate at night? Some of these semis are so lit up with amber you can’t see ANYTHING else.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I wouldn’t think amber would be a problem. Anyone ever run the interstate at night? Some of these semis are so lit up with amber you can’t see ANYTHING else.
Agreed...I live near a truck route and at night it looks like Xmas trees going down the interstate.

Heizen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Purchased these MAXXHAUL lights because I was tired of my older lights flickering when I hit a bump or what not. I've had these lights installed for about 3 months and I have submerged them about 15 times, each time leaving the trailer underwater for hours when using my boat. No leaks, no issues, and they are super bright! I will buy this kit in the future for my snowmobile trailer if needed.

Last edited: