• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Larger chartplotter install on console

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just an FYI about the humminbird units. I have an older unit now and have no issues up to 150' of depth in saltwater. That's only because that's as deep as I fish. I want a newer unit just for the bigger screen and the MEGA imaging which seems to be the best right now for structure. As far as depths they are listed as 1500' standard and 3500' with an optional transducer, chirp down imaging 455kHz to 800' and MEGA & 800kHz to 125' The sidescan at 455kHz is 800' 400 to each side and MEGA is 250' 125' to each side. I know with my unit now I have no issues in saltwater in 50 - 90' with sidescan at 100' out to each side but my screen is just to small now for my old eyes. Looking now at a Helix 12 Mega/SI with dual transducers. I like the raymarine axioms for the 3D but I'm not sure if I would even use that feature and its more of a gimmick, it doesn't look very detailed to me.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’m sure that is what their specs say...real world application and specs on a website are 2 different realities.

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I think the value of the 3d would be sitting at home and spending time reviewing the lake structure (after you mapped it). Developing strategies on what you see. Real time, during fishing, cool but not needed. Like you said.

I currently have a smaller hummingbird with SI and capture a lot of pictures of things I see along the way. Then go back later and study some of them in more detail.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If I owned a sailboat, B&G would be my choice...just my 2 cents.
Again, thanks for the input. Taking another look at B&G and do like their sailing related chartplotters and forward scan sonar. Will have to decide which way to go with A.P. The rams are better performers than the wheel mounted pilots in heavy weather.