• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lectrotab Group Buy-Looking to see if and how many would be interested.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How would we adjust these components for small boats? 19' 21' etc..?
I would think the Tab size would be the issue. I will speak to Russ and get an opinion.

I would not think getting a different tab dimension would be a problem-but I will let you know.

Jason Kloehn

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@gthh I am committed to the $598.00 price for sure.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@gthh I’m Committed too. Can you find out how much more for the ALC-1 upgrade. I need to keep it simple for the wife

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
$598.00 count me in can it work in conjunction with the wake wedge ?

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Weeb I would contact Russ or Dan directly for pricing on the ALC-1 when you phone in your order-he may give you a break! (let other members know)

@ifly4fun This is what Russ said from Lectrotab. "Yes, the 19 & 21 take a different size tab, basically a function of the space for mounting. The sq. inches between the tabs isn’t that much, so if they feel the 9x16 wide will fit, I really don’t have a problem with them installing this kit. The cable length will be a little longer than they need but it can be cut back."

Hope that answers your question.

Last edited:

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So... while we are talking about this. Do they have way to integrate into a nmea2k network? I'm interested and would love to control vis my chartplotter
The short answer is no. No one here has integrated those into anything, so only three flavors - manual, ("semi-auto") MLC-1, or auto ALC-1.

Unless you have @Mainah's mad skills then you can have them controlled by your boat's radar or the weather channel TV remote, lol.

--
Nothing to do with the Yamaha. This would actually be a question for the guys at Lectrotab on whether they integrate their product with an NMEA 2000 network - and - use protocol data understood/supported by the compatible chartplotters, etc.

Also, I'm in on the deal but interested in the ALC upgrade along with @Weeb

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I created a Group Buy thread on the Group Buy forum with all the information you need to start ordering.
I just placed my order to get things rolling (hoping for the $598 price).

Here is the link 2020 Lectrotab Trim Tab Group Buy Link

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Woo! hoo! We are off on a great start 3 orders so far according to Russ.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got approval from the boss! Will ring them up tomorrow (posted their hours on the other thread, too, but it is 8-5 eastern)!

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Interested, but with @Weeb and @Drexx3 on having the ALC upgrade. Is anyone else interested in ALC? Maybe we can work it into a sub-group buy category? :winkingthumbsup"

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There’s almost nothing I enjoy more than buying stuff for the boat.... but man I’m chicken to install these myself.

I mentioned them to my dealer once and he was like “what would you want those for?”

Most of my boating is on relatively small water... but I do frequent several places that @swatski visits - and he likes them.

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Interested, but with @Weeb and @Drexx3 on having the ALC upgrade. Is anyone else interested in ALC? Maybe we can work it into a sub-group buy category? :winkingthumbsup"
I spoke to Russ@Lectrotab and he’s putting together some numbers for me with the ALC-1 option. Once I have the details I’ll share. Stay tuned.

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There’s almost nothing I enjoy more than buying stuff for the boat.... but man I’m chicken to install these myself.

I mentioned them to my dealer once and he was like “what would you want those for?”

Most of my boating is on relatively small water... but I do frequent several places that @swatski visits - and he likes them.
Installation was daunting at first but my confidence increased with the help of this forum.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lectrotab emailed me and said the only have a “few “ kit orders. I am not sure how many orders are processed but few seems a long way from the 21 we need to get the max discount. If you ordered please let us know by posting so we can keep track and develop a momentum toward our goal.

I put in my order!!!

They seemed concerned about members calling wanting different configurations than what was offered in the kit.
I suggested Lectrotab count these different configurations toward the discount and do any changes as adders but have not gotten a response.

All I can say that @Bruce @swatski & @zipper invested a lot of time and engineering in concert with Lectrotab to optimize the tab size and actuators and I respect their efforts and opinion on the subject. ALC vs MLC - well I ordered the kit which has the MLC based on these gentlemen’s body of work on the matter.

Last edited:

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Group Buy Update....

Lectrotab responded and based on the response of sales (not so good) is changing the terms of the discount.

Fortunately for us, it is a better deal!

Lectrotab is offering 55% off on the list price of any Lectrotab Trim tab configuration you can dream up!

This means you can configure your own tab sizes, controller and struts for your particular model boat and get 55% off the list price.

Wait.... one more aspect to the offering.

Those whom what the CYSSML9X16-9282 Kit. You got your Max discount +++. These kits will be selling for $587.70

Important, for those riding the fence. This offer ends 31st of March EOB

Ref.
CYSSML9X16-9282 Kit

2) S-BK-24, short, 12VDC actuators w/28’ cable

2) T9x16-9282, stainless steel tabs, w/taper bent sides (up)

1) MLC-1, manual leveling control

ALC vs MLC-1 Controller Threads

Last edited:

Huntersales

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ordered mine with the MLC-1, come on spring!:winkingthumbsup"

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Weeb I would contact Russ or Dan directly for pricing on the ALC-1 when you phone in your order-he may give you a break! (let other members know)

@ifly4fun This is what Russ said from Lectrotab. "Yes, the 19 & 21 take a different size tab, basically a function of the space for mounting. The sq. inches between the tabs isn’t that much, so if they feel the 9x16 wide will fit, I really don’t have a problem with them installing this kit. The cable length will be a little longer than they need but it can be cut back."

Hope that answers your question.
so does this mean that the 9x16 tab in the group buy kit will fit a 19 footer? I am just a little confused by all of the different configurations on their website. I liked to have a specific kit that I know will work.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so does this mean that the 9x16 tab in the group buy kit will fit a 19 footer? I am just a little confused by all of the different configurations on their website. I liked to have a specific kit that I know will work.
I would talk to Russ at Lectrotab when you order and get his opinion. That said. this is what Russ emailed me when I asked him the question,

"Yes, the 19 & 21 take a different size tab, basically a function of the space for mounting. The sq. inches between the tabs isn’t that much, so if they feel the 9x16 wide will fit, I really don’t have a problem with them installing this kit (CYSSML9X16-9282). The cable length will be a little longer than they need but it can be cut back."

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I would talk to Russ at Lectrotab when you order and get his opinion. That said. this is what Russ emailed me when I asked him the question,

"Yes, the 19 & 21 take a different size tab, basically a function of the space for mounting. The sq. inches between the tabs isn’t that much, so if they feel the 9x16 wide will fit, I really don’t have a problem with them installing this kit (CYSSML9X16-9282). The cable length will be a little longer than they need but it can be cut back."
Thank you for the response. I'll call him and see what the deal is.