• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

LED Speaker Rings and Cupholder Rings Project

The entire piece is black, not just edges. I will upload the video to YouTube and then here...if I can find my password.

I get all my acrylic at estreet plastics. They have black in lots of thickness. Usually get it in the mail in a couple of days.

You have them ship big sheets of acrylic? They said they could get thicker black acrylic, but probably not 1/2", which is what is needed to suitably mount the LED's.

Here is a look at a shadow box with RGB strip snakes behind it. It doesn't show the strip through the glass, just the color. Pretty neat. If you could get this in 1/2" black, I would do speaker rings in this, it looks great.

Estreet has 1/2. They ship just fine or if you want you can go pick it up after you order. Off I30 east of town.

Apparently the local supplier is incorrect! Estreet has it in 1/2". Pricy stuff however!

If estreet has it, then Regal can get it too. Much closer for me, they are in Irving.

Hmm, I don't think this will work well for rings. It has a frosted face and clear back. It doesn't appear to be frosted like we sand the clear acrylic rings to frost them, it looks like an opaque finish vs frosted. But sanding it may produce a similar edge treatment to diffuse the light like the video up there. This effect created a much softer appearance, like a soft white incadecent bulb vs a clear bulb. It reduces the light to a glow vs a direct light.

I did get a sample!!!

But I haven't hooked up a string of RGB and a controller to try it. And the sample I have is the thin 1/8" just like the video I linked above...but I will show what it looks like with an LED flood behind it.

The considerations as I see them...
The black is pretty much black, and will look that way behind a speaker or in any opening. The frosted surface is much different than sanded, so I don't know if you can frost an edge to produce the same effect, but it may not even be necessary, because the black is pretty much only letting color through, not straight light. The effect is cool, but may not be that desirable behind speakers or at least not all of them. But it is a neat effect. I am working on a little project with it, I will let you know when I get it up and running!

Oh yeah! Now it's a party!!!

smiley-dance011.gif
smiley-dance009.gif
Finally got mine finished.
Time for Party II

My music controller is only 1 channel but it changes color to the beat and changes brightness to the volume.

Great job Maboat!
What controller are you using?

I dont know how I missed most of this thread. Those are some sweet LED installs. I just finished mine last weekend, but now I feel totally inferior. I went a slightly different direction with mine and did not use the cupholders as lighting, but I do plan to add speaker rings in the future. I am using the Oznium music beat controller, but still need to play with the sensitivity. Sorry for the crappy video.

AR240 RGB LED install:

Looking great!

Oh, I missed your post Mark. That turned out great. I'm still running leads. I just bought another 100 foot of cable over lunch, I'm only about half done with the cupholders, haven't even started the speakers yet.

Back