• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

LED Speaker Rings and Cupholder Rings Project

Is this for LED lighting?

Yes, LED strips fit between ring and cup holder.

That's pretty cool. Can I join the party and get 9? Lol

image.jpg Ugh, 15 cup holders in this boat

image.jpg
And I thought 7 cup holders was a lot :oops:

Last edited:
Ooh pretty blue ones!

@Cory you gonna have those done by this weekend? If my wife sees them she may tell me we need those for our boat.

Those are nice indeed!!

Those look great! Looks like I need to buy a new tool.

Looks great! Wish someone sold the kits with your rings where needed, and the RGB LED's strings soldered and assembled. Then we just install and run the wires back to the controller. Sounds like a good side business :)

@Cory you gonna have those done by this weekend? If my wife sees them she may tell me we need those for our boat.

I'll probably be spending the weekend hooking all this stuff up instead of heading to the lake. I've got amps and subs and tower speakers to install too.

That's what happened to me when my wife saw them on Mel's @txav8r boat last year. Mine are in and ready to go for the 2014 maiden voyage this weekend. But I'll be at Lake Ray Hubbard instead of Lake Texoma, so you're safe for at least a little while longer ;)

That's what happened to me when my wife saw them on Mel's @txav8r boat last year. Mine are in and ready to go for the 2014 maiden voyage this weekend. But I'll be at Lake Ray Hubbard instead of Lake Texoma, so you're safe for at least a little while longer ;)
Unfortunately, that boat is on the west coast now Mark. But I am expecting a little package with two spools of waterproof RGB strip, controller, and remote from China in a few days (I hope, it can take weeks) ! But I doubt I get mine done anytime soon. I will use my free time to enjoy the new boat...these type of mods can wait for winter! My plan is to install inside my cupholders like I did before, and at this point, I may not do any speaker rings. If I do, it would probably only be the bow speakers, because the rear speakers and additional cockpit speakers will be well illuminated by the cupholder lighting. I am planning to do some sort of controllable white LED strip on my bimini frame to use when wanting light for dinner.

@Detonate , what did you come up with for zone control on your lighting setup?

Looks really good. What RGB strings did you go with? Did they all mount on the holder the same way? It looked like you had different size rings and some mounted flush and others didn't. Sorry for all the questions but looking to do the same.

I have 2 types of LEDs. We had bought this kit to use in our kitchen.

HITLights LED

It came with a controller, but since I had some left over I started to use them.

I then bought these LEDs when I ran out of our excess.
Supernight LED

The problem I ran into is that while in general, they are same... The coating is slightly different. The first one was a lot more squishy, and the silicone comes off a lot easier. I actually prefer the squishy HITLights to the harder silicone of the Supernights. It allows for a more snug fit into the cupholders and stuff. It might not hold up as long, but we'll see.

PigTails

Like seen above, I soldered pigtails to all of the ends to make it easier to connect and disconnect things. These connectors don't snap together or anything, so I electrical taped them up.

RGB Ribbon Cable

I also really like this ribbon cable as opposed to some of the alarm wire others have used. I bundle and wrapped all of my wires in split loom, so no worries of it holding up over time.

As for the cupholder rings themselves, they ended up being pretty custom. Thanks a bunch to @Cory for hooking this up for me.

I never noticed before, but I have 2 different sized cupholders, which meant I had to have to different inside diameters for my rings. And then the area in the bow just didn't have enough room to have a large outside diameter, so the rings had to be very skinny. The cockpit rings I had him leave a nice reveal, which I then curved the edges with a router.

Once I get everything all finished up I'll be starting a thread and post up some better pictures of everything....

Thanks for the info! Exactly what I was looking for.

Almost done!!!

Notice I wired up a tower nav light while I was at it. :D

20140523_004458952_iOS.jpg

Back