• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania....

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How busy is the ramp normally and do you have to deal with currents/wind on the Susquehanna? Hearing all these nightmare stories about controlling a jet boat has me a little bit nervous. Heard lots of good things about ski beach in that area and it definitely is closer for us than the lake.
Typically current and winds aren't too bad there. I go to port deposit Marina Park ($10 to launch or $50 for the season). You can see it on Google Maps, its an L shape dock, pretty small, just go slow (in and out of neutral). Best tip I got when docking is just don't go any faster than you'd be comfortable hitting the dock and you will be fine :) I'm there a good bit on weekends and there is another guy with a jet boat who launches out of there. Happy to line up with you some time and give you some tips / help out. Most people launching out of there are nice too. Occasionally you run into a grumpy fisherman, but most have been helpful and patient when I was learning. There are some boat up restaurants in the area and Fishing Battery Island is a populate hang out island about 25 minute boat ride from the ramp.

There is also another ramp called Perryville Ramp (i've never dropped in there), but its another 10 mins down the road, but that is a little more protected from the wind and currents, but that whole back half of the island that it drops you into is no wake, so you have to putt putt out of there.

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How busy is the ramp normally and do you have to deal with currents/wind on the Susquehanna? Hearing all these nightmare stories about controlling a jet boat has me a little bit nervous. Heard lots of good things about ski beach in that area and it definitely is closer for us than the lake.
As far as how busy, I go mostly on Saturday. If you get there around 8:30am, no line... drop right in. Unless I beat you there because that is usually when I aim to drop in. If you get there between 9am - 10am probably going to be 2-5 boats waiting to drop. Just do your prep work and be ready to drop when its your turn and you will be fine.

Doug Kline

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Typically current and winds aren't too bad there. I go to port deposit Marina Park ($10 to launch or $50 for the season). You can see it on Google Maps, its an L shape dock, pretty small, just go slow (in and out of neutral). Best tip I got when docking is just don't go any faster than you'd be comfortable hitting the dock and you will be fine :) I'm there a good bit on weekends and there is another guy with a jet boat who launches out of there. Happy to line up with you some time and give you some tips / help out. Most people launching out of there are nice too. Occasionally you run into a grumpy fisherman, but most have been helpful and patient when I was learning. There are some boat up restaurants in the area and Fishing Battery Island is a populate hang out island about 25 minute boat ride from the ramp.

There is also another ramp called Perryville Ramp (i've never dropped in there), but its another 10 mins down the road, but that is a little more protected from the wind and currents, but that whole back half of the island that it drops you into is no wake, so you have to putt putt out of there.
That sounds great, definitely will give that a shot. Only an hour and 25 min from my house. Thanks so much for the offer, may just take you up on that.

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That sounds great, definitely will give that a shot. Only an hour and 25 min from my house. Thanks so much for the offer, may just take you up on that.
No problem. Yeah just message me whenever you are going. If I'm headed out we can meet up. If not, I can atleast give you the lay of the waters, where to go, where to avoid. Basically you don't want to go up river past Tiki Lees, it gets shallow and rocky up there and the opposite side of the Port Deposit launch ramp also can get rocky over there. Its all marked well if you use Navionics or another app to check the waters out.

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ironwood Point, is super easy for newbies and is a pay launch which is normally slower paced. We launch there all the time. When are you going up, we can certainly help you. As a club we have slips there and all launch there

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mem 2023 copy.jpg
If anyone is interested, we have a group of sites at a campground on the lake we will be there all weekend long. Come out and have some fun! Keep Calm and Boat on!

Attachments