• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

less than 7300 rpms - 2015 AR240

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's the max RPM most people achieve on the 2015 24ft boats? I can't get over 7300 @ 500ft above sea level?

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it is under-performing, it isn't by much.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My gauges read 7800 but the display is around 7690 - 7750. Fastest I've seen is 51mph with a full tank and 2 people.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I usually run 89 just because I don't trust the mixers at the pump. 87 is all that's needed in these engines though.
I posted this on another thread. Using higher octane won't hurt but you're spending more than you need to on fuel. These engines need 90 RON minimum. Pumps in the U.S. use the AKI number at the pumps,anti knock index , so a fuel that's labeled 87 regular is around 91 RON.

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks.
I usually run 89 just because I don't trust the mixers at the pump. 87 is all that's needed in these engines though.
I posted this on another thread. Using higher octane won't hurt but you're spending more than you need to on fuel. These engines need 90 RON minimum. Pumps in the U.S. use the AKI number at the pumps,anti knock index , so a fuel that's labeled 87 regular is around 91 RON.
Thanks. I've been running 91 Octane. I was wondering if that's causing my RPM's to not max out at 7500. I may try 87 Octane for a comparison once the tank gets close to empty. On my last boat one of the local no name gas stations fouled many spark plugs. Since then I started using Shell 91 Octane and never had an issue. However longer drive to the gas station...

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone have a photo of the engine plate on a non-carb 2015/2016 24 footer. Curious to see the listed kw rating.

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
IMG_0038.JPG
177 HP (same as always).
Just saw 51MPH @~7600RPM - I think the E-series bimini has a bit of drag!