• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Let me see your boat names.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I came up with (what I think) are some good names and decided on “Prime Mover”. I’m a big Rush fan and it’s one of their songs. Got the decals today from “doityourselflettering.com” and they appear to be very good quality.

Here are some other names that I though I would share - some are songs by Rush and a couple additional artists.

* Whiplash
* Crazy Train
* Undertow
* Jacobs Ladder
* Vapor Trail
* Wet Dream
* Schism
* Monkey Business
* Hand Over Fist
* Halo Effect

DC047265-C18F-45B4-B575-BFDE3747BFC6.jpeg

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Put the lettering on yesterday and I’m pretty happy with it. I highly recommend doityourselflettering.com - easy to use website, quality materials, fast, and inexpensive.

One thing that I maybe should have done differently is just put “Prime” to the left of the handle and “Mover” to the right of the handle to make it more balanced. Maybe I should have just left the port of call info off. :-/

Attachments

Jukofskj

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Received the order yesterday from DIY lettering. They are the 3M premium lettering with a fairly long warranty. Went on as one piece, very easy. It's 18x4.56 inches.
Where did you order this from?

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Since we just got our boat, we were trying to think of names for it.

Most suggestions have been veto'd by the wife. I really wanted to play off of the dual motors and the wifes larger than average top side and name it "Big Twin Bitties". I thought it was brilliant. She said no.

Now I think I have it narrowed down to 2 options.

1. Yambers.. which is my user name that is a combo of Yamaha and our last name of Chambers.

2. My wife is a treasurer at a school, so playing off of that, and that its a boat, which pirates used, and her gifted top half again, I think "Treasurer Chest" is amazingly awesome.

What's your thoughts? I think she is on board with either. But knowing us, neither will actually fly. Haha

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Most suggestions have been veto'd by the wife. I really wanted to play off of the dual motors and the wifes larger than average top side and name it "Big Twin Bitties". I thought it was brilliant. She said no.

1. Yambers.. which is my user name that is a combo of Yamaha and our last name of Chambers.

2. My wife is a treasurer at a school, so playing off of that, and that its a boat, which pirates used, and her gifted top half again, I think "Treasurer Chest" is amazingly awesome.

What's your thoughts? I think she is on board with either. But knowing us, neither will actually fly. Haha
If she was not so well endowed..."Pirates Dream...Sunk'in Chest" or just do it to confuse people. They will just look back and forth at the two with a question mark above their head. That is the child in me showing.

Last edited:

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

I tried to name ours Motorboating with some clipart of curled waves on each end that just happened to look like a pair of perky sweater puppies. But my wife said no too.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ended up selling my SX230 and bought my current boat in August. When I started thinking about a new boat name, I strongly considered “Double D’s”.

My girlfriend is fairly well endowed and my name is Dan, hers is Dawn. She quickly vetoed the idea as she thought that people would be staring at her once they saw the name. :)

Last edited:

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@WiskyDan Exact same comment from my wife. Haha. "I don't want attention drawn to myself"..

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

My preliminary mock up. Never even made it to a final draft.

20210207_083452.jpg

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
She is also very tan, and I am a sunburning ginger, so we are also tossin around "Bronzed -n- Burnt". Ha